General Apology

Chat about anything you like here that doesn't fit under Bible Doctrines. Keep the subjects clean and refreshing to all.
Forum rules
Matt 18:6; Eccl 7:9; 1 Pet 4:8 (If you're not sure what they say then please hover over them with your mouse or look them up in your own Bible before posting)
apollos0fAlexandria

General Apology

#1 Post by apollos0fAlexandria » 3 weeks ago

Hi All

I just want to provide a fairly brief but general apology.

Since our dear Bobcat passed away this site has mostly been left out to pasture. He did a fine job as moderator and librarian. I have not had time to maintain his good care and tend to it as my focus has been drawn elsewhere, and I do apologize.

That said, I am not unaware of its current state, in which it has grown some interesting good fruit among some weeds for a while.

My intention is to keep the past (and somewhat vast) library of postings for posterity. But I may close down (or drastically amend) the ability for new content to be added.

I know a few people here may want to have a voice in that though, so I'll not do anything without leaving this thread open for a bit to get some feedback.

Don't feel obliged to make this an active thread though. I will continue to have limited time to deal with it and this is in no way an attempt to draw attention to anything. I simply want to tidy up, since it's been overdue for a while.

Shalom,
Apollos

Proselytiser of Jah

Re: General Apology

#2 Post by Proselytiser of Jah » 3 weeks ago

That's understandable, Apollos. Bobcat is missed.

Whatever you feel needs to be done here, I can accept personally, as I have my own independent platform where I can be contacted, as well as other forums similar I can go to as well if need be. So if this place has served its purpose and people have moved on to "greener pastures" as it were, then perhaps it is to be. But I understand others here are in contact via this platform, even just as friends and brothers, so obviously I can't speak for all people.
"The fruitage of the Spirit is; love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control..." Galatians 5:22-23

Stranger

#3 Post by Stranger » 3 weeks ago

apollos0fAlexandria wrote: 3 weeks ago Hi All

I just want to provide a fairly brief but general apology.

Since our dear Bobcat passed away this site has mostly been left out to pasture. He did a fine job as moderator and librarian. I have not had time to maintain his good care and tend to it as my focus has been drawn elsewhere, and I do apologize.

That said, I am not unaware of its current state, in which it has grown some interesting good fruit among some weeds for a while.

My intention is to keep the past (and somewhat vast) library of postings for posterity. But I may close down (or drastically amend) the ability for new content to be added.

I know a few people here may want to have a voice in that though, so I'll not do anything without leaving this thread open for a bit to get some feedback.

Don't feel obliged to make this an active thread though. I will continue to have limited time to deal with it and this is in no way an attempt to draw attention to anything. I simply want to tidy up, since it's been overdue for a while.

Shalom,
Apollos

Well now Apollos,

Whatever it is that has caught your eye let it be, your eye is not going anywhere. Jesus Christ is constant and just so you know, Jesus Christ is here blessing this household and all it's contents with or without the Bobcat. This site has maintained it's standards and will in the future continue to do so, I have no doubt that the people here have the standards of the Christ within them and would never take them for granted or abuse such a grace.

You say that you want to keep the past for posterity, man, I know that you know that this is the generation that can and will never die! What are you really trying to say? Is there another one after ours? You know better than that. I respect all you do Apollos, and all that you have put on the line. I got to say though I'm not respecting what I'm seeing with your sentiments at this time, something has you pulled away that you are not recognizing, but in time I feel you will.

We don't know each other that well, but then again we do, I only speak to you as a friend and that's a friend that knows that I know you better than that.

Stranger, (Lev 10:10)

AmosAU

#4 Post by AmosAU » 3 weeks ago

Hi Apollos,

I believe we are all missing our dear brother Bobcat and the painstaking work that he did.

I haven't been as active as usual the last couple of years due to my own circumstances gradually changing. I'm hopeful that I'll be able to get back into the swing of posting regularly.

My changing circumstances have included both a serious health scare earlier this year, but mainly a re-education from our Heavenly Father. I will hopefully provide some information about this change of understanding, or rather a clarifying of biblical truths that have been ignored by the majority of Christian denominations and modern Judaism alike. At this point in time, I can only say that it's about returning to 1st century teachings by the true Messiah, and excluding the traditions of men that we have accepted since the 3rd / 4th centuries. These traditions and terms have entered into society via what we call, "The Western Church." I can't find any denomination today that hasn't retained some of these wrong/false traditions.

I'm in the process of putting a series of short articles together that will hopefully provide some food for thought for those who feel inclined to read them. My intention is for others to see what the real truth of the scriptures are, minus the traditions of men. Scripture interpreting scripture is what I've been researching. Once we put the key in the dor, it opens easily when we ask our Father YHWH to show us the truth contained in the bible. This is nothing to do with the modern church thought about prophets, etc. Rather it's about linking the various bible texts together in topical format. A very clear message can be read and understood, from Genesis to Revelation.

Kind regards, to ALL,

Amos.

apollos0fAlexandria

#5 Post by apollos0fAlexandria » 2 weeks ago

Thanks for the further replies.

Stranger - I will send you a PM

Stranger

#6 Post by Stranger » 2 weeks ago

apollos0fAlexandria wrote: 2 weeks ago Stranger - I will send you a PM
There's really no need to Apollos, just do what you need to do. I know you and you know me well enough to know I don't put on a front.

Frankly speaking, I would rather have what you want to say to me open for the World to see, I am not ashamed nor will be.

Proz tried it with no success even though he gave it his best.

Stranger, (Heb 4:12)

apollos0fAlexandria

#7 Post by apollos0fAlexandria » 2 weeks ago

The privacy was intended for my benefit. But no worries.

Stranger

#8 Post by Stranger » 2 weeks ago

apollos0fAlexandria wrote: 2 weeks ago The privacy was intended for my benefit. But no worries.

No, no worries! (1Jn 5:13-15)

"We can party in slow motion out here in the open" or we can speed things up and you go ahead and send me that PM and I'll deal with it accordingly.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V0O0nzkESTI

Stranger, (Nah 1:3)