The Atlantic: Why the Past 10 Years of American Life Have Been Uniquely Stupid

Chat about anything you like here that doesn't fit under Bible Doctrines. Keep the subjects clean and refreshing to all.
Forum rules
Matt 18:6; Eccl 7:9; 1 Pet 4:8 (If you're not sure what they say then please hover over them with your mouse or look them up in your own Bible before posting)
ctron

The Atlantic: Why the Past 10 Years of American Life Have Been Uniquely Stupid

#1 Post by ctron » 5 months ago

This is a very interesting article from "The Atlantic":
https://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/ar ... el/629369/

ctron

Proselytiser of Jah

Re: The Atlantic: Why the Past 10 Years of American Life Have Been Uniquely Stupid

#2 Post by Proselytiser of Jah » 5 months ago

I've often thought there was a similarity between the modern world and Babel.
"The fruitage of the Spirit is; love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control..." Galatians 5:22-23

Dajo1

Re: The Atlantic: Why the Past 10 Years of American Life Have Been Uniquely Stupid

#3 Post by Dajo1 » 5 months ago

Thank you, ctron for that fascinating article. I’ve been pondering that concept for years and years. The article made a lot of sense to me!

There is also, at the beginning of the article, a link to a similar one likening how the Gutenberg press “disruption” to the immense change the internet and social media has wreaked havoc.

Whilst the writer of (the article you linked) holds the view that “Babylon” fell sometime after 2010, my thoughts are slightly different. The entire internet needs to go. It is the actual construct that is causing the fragmentation.

We simply are not built to cope with, or process so much information. We cope better and feel better when we interact face to face and build trust in one another in our immediate “sphere of influence.

What could bring the internet down? Divine intervention.. a CME (coronal mass ejection) like the Carrington event of 1853. Or both.
WTs biggest folly was going online. The online world is Babel. “Babel IS confusion!