Revelation – Where we are in the stream of time​

This is the place to discuss anything to do with scriptural doctrine. It is the primary purpose of this site, and most discussions will be here.
Forum rules
Matt 18:6; Eccl 7:9; 1 Pet 4:8 (If you're not sure what they say then please hover over them with your mouse or look them up in your own Bible before posting)
Stranger

Re: Revelation – Where we are in the stream of time​

#71 Post by Stranger » 2 months ago

coccus ilicis wrote: 2 months ago Since the collapse of communism in 1991 the U.S. has ruled the roost using sanctions to bully all nations to conform to its rule,

That maybe the way you vision things Coccus, but I have to tell you it's not accurate. If the U.S. wanted to it could take over the World and institute it's rule, but that's not what it's all about here. What I find amazing with JW's and most ex-JW's is they try to use current events to support what they have been brainwashed into seeing as Biblical fulfillment no matter the time period. (Matt 24:6)

If I'm not mistaken you are Russian or part Russian, and if that's the case then I wish you would spread the truth in Russia about what's really happening in Ukraine instead of the propaganda the Russians are being fed, or it may be the case that you are eating it too and don't know the truth and therefore are unable to spread it.

Stranger, (Rev 10:10)

coccus ilicis

#72 Post by coccus ilicis » 2 months ago

Stranger wrote: 2 months ago
coccus ilicis wrote: 2 months ago Since the collapse of communism in 1991 the U.S. has ruled the roost using sanctions to bully all nations to conform to its rule,

That may be the way you vision things Coccus, but I have to tell you it's not accurate. If the U.S. wanted to it could take over the World and institute its rule, but that's not what it's all about here. What I find amazing with JW's and most ex-JW's is they try to use current events to support what they have been brainwashed into seeing as Biblical fulfilment no matter the time period. (Matt 24:6)

If I'm not mistaken you are Russian or part Russian, and if that's the case then I wish you would spread the truth in Russia about what's really happening in Ukraine instead of the propaganda the Russians are being fed, or it may be the case that you are eating it too and don't know the truth and therefore are unable to spread it.

Stranger, (Rev 10:10)
Hello Stranger,

I wonder why you think that. Could it be because you are American born and bred?

Propaganda is insidious and corrupts our innermost soul. I am neither Russian nor have Russian ancestry. I was born in one country and have lived in a number of other countries, for which I am thankful as I am not infected with the love of a country, that gives propaganda a foothold. I think humans are incredibly stupid to think that those of one country, are better than those of another and go to war to prove it.

I went to Russia to serve where the need was great and lived there for some years. I also wanted to understand what motivated them. I had taped a news broadcast called 'America Today,' or something like that. It was an American radio show that had been broadcasting in Moscow since the second world war. And asked the students to translate it into English for me. They listened and laughed, saying this is pure propaganda, adding the difference between us and Americans is that we can tell the difference between propaganda and real news, whereas they believe it. I asked them why they thought that. And they said that they had learned the difference during the time of communism.

And I who have lived in western countries all my life had to admit that they were right. Yes, they like you, love their country, but they were more discerning about the true nature of affairs. In Russia, I learned that once one scrapes away all the super-imposed cultural garbage, people have the same basic wants and needs and faults. And I began to really understand what God was teaching. Even though the harlot has worked hard to prevent it, not all people see the world through American eyes. They don't see America as the great protector of human rights and democracy. Many, if not all, that have been at the receiving end of American 'largesse' know differently, but their voices are drowned out. And that is why I also include articles from these voices.

Jehovah is not biased when it comes to humans. He knows what goes on behind closed doors. Jesus had said there is nothing covered over that will not be uncovered, and secret that will not become known. What I tell you in darkness say in the light, and what you hear whispered preach from the housetops, (Mt 10:26,27).

Do you believe that God favours America over Russia or China or any other country? You know that is not the case, but if our heart begins to tell us we're the goodies and they are the baddies, then we have been infected with the death-dealing propaganda disease: information, especially of a biased or misleading nature, used to promote a political cause or point of view.. The only way to inoculate oneself against it is to listen to the other side of the story. Yes, they also use propaganda, but it helps us regain our balance and not take sides.

As it said at Rev 13:3-7 ... and I saw one of its heads as though slaughtered to death, but its death-stroke got healed and all the earth followed the beast with admiration. And they worshipped the dragon because it gave authority to the beast, and they worshipped the beast with the words: "Who is like the beast and who can do battle with it? And it opened its mouth with blasphemies against God... and there was granted it to wage war with the holy ones and conquer them, and authority was given to it over every tribe tongue and people and all those who dwell on the earth will worship it. Ask yourself is to which beast that applies. And which beast was it that makes the earth and those who dwell in it worship the beast whose death-stroke got healed,(Rev 13:12)? It's an all-important question that needs to be answered.

Jesus knew this would be a difficult time, as he said: If anyone has an ear, let him hear. If anyone will kill with the sword, he must be killed with the sword. Here is where it means endurance for the holy ones, (Rev 13:10). We cannot take sides in this war for our minds and hearts, we must remain neutral. And a good way of maintaining our neutrality is by listening to both sides of the story.

Concerning your comment:
What I find amazing with JW's and most ex-JW's is they try to use current events to support what they have been brainwashed into seeing as Biblical fulfilment no matter the time period. (Matt 24:6)
That is true, and this time around we may again be premature. But unless the world puts on sackcloth and ashes and repents, as they did in Nineveh, (Jn 3:5-9), I don't think it can be that far off.

When do you think end-time prophecies might be fulfilled?
LRW~

goghtherefore

#73 Post by goghtherefore » 2 months ago

Re: "propaganda"

Damn it Jeff hold still !

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YF1GQGRqtcA

😎
“This is My Son, My Chosen One; listen to Him!”
Luke 9:35

Stranger

#74 Post by Stranger » 2 months ago

coccus ilicis wrote: 2 months ago I wonder why you think that.
Hi Coccus,

To be honest, it's always been the impression I've gotten from your posts and your rapport with other posters. Thank you for your response and sharing a little about yourself, I appreciate that, as it helps to understand your uniqueness.
coccus ilicis wrote: 2 months ago Could it be because you are American born and bred?
You could say that I'm a typical American that's been raised on promises and propaganda and you would be correct, and you would be correct in saying it's a great big World with lot's of places to run to. One promise I'll always keep is the one I can't deny. (You can pick your friends, but you can't pick your family.)

"I've lost so much of me, but there's enough of me to say that my homes in America no matter where I lay my head, I was southern born and southern bred."
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MQ1bnIEFhIs

coccus ilicis wrote: 2 months ago When do you think end-time prophecies might be fulfilled?

Just a guess, but I would say another 20 to 25 years, and I say that only because I'll be reaching my "outer limits" by then. :)

Stranger, (Mr 13:32)

coccus ilicis

#75 Post by coccus ilicis » 2 months ago

Stranger wrote: 2 months ago
coccus ilicis wrote: 2 months ago I wonder why you think that.
Hi Coccus,

To be honest, it's always been the impression I've gotten from your posts and your rapport with other posters. Thank you for your response and sharing a little about yourself, I appreciate that, as it helps to understand your uniqueness.

... "I've lost so much of me, but there's enough of me to say that my homes in America no matter where I lay my head, I was southern born and southern bred."
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MQ1bnIEFhIs

Stranger, (Mr 13:32)
It's nice to meet you Stranger.
Thank you for the song. Each one of us is a unique product of our environment. I watched the movie 'Girls of the Sun' last night.
It's based on the true story of a group of women in Kurdistan that had been captured and abused by insurgents who had then formed a women's battalion to fight against their captors.

After watching it I wondered if I could have done that; to take up a role completely foreign to my nature even as they had done. We really don't know what we are capable of until we are faced with circumstances beyond our control. But now it's my turn to tell you a little more about myself and why I have a soft spot for Russia.

I was born in Germany at the end of WW2 to German parents. My parents had run a Hofbrauhaus and butchery for Jews who left Germany taking their money with them before WW2. I don't know the exact date but I believe it was made possible by the Transfer Agreement

They let my parents take over the lease agreement of the business before they left. When WW2 began my father was exempted from military duty on the grounds that he was running an essential commercial enterprise, i.e. many Nazi officers frequented our Hofbrau Haus. My father was not at all anti-Jewish and I remember his anecdotes from the time he was working for them. One day, possibly after drinking a glass too many, my father voiced a negative thought about Hitler in the bar, which was overheard by one of his Nazi officer customers who decided it was time for him to be sent to the Russian front, a sure death sentence.

On the way there, another Nazi officer took note of my father's ability to not only slaughter an animal and prepare a decent meal, but that he could also drive a car, and immediately drew up new orders for him to be his driver. Thus he never got to the Russian front but went to France and then Italy, where he was when the war ended. And he and another soldier, made their way home overland, over the Italian Alps, evading military checkpoints. I had been conceived while he was home on a short furlough and thus I was born at the end of the war. It would have been when I was four that I saw my first black man, an American soldier. He was sitting at a table in our bar and beckoned me and sat me on his knee and gave me chewing gum. That was my introduction to America. My father decided to sell up and emigrate to Australia when it was rumoured that Germany would have compulsory military service. At that time my older brothers were at an age when they would be recruited. No way was he going to let them go into the army. We had moved five or six times before I was 8 years old, and ever since then, my home has been wherever I am living at a given time.

My Father died in Australia when I was 11. My brothers had left home, my sister was married and my mother still had a mortgage to pay off. One of my brothers persuaded her to sell the house and put the money into a farm. At the time I had only just started to study interior design at a technical college. So they booked me into a student hostel in the city and moved to the farm. But 6 months later things didn't go as planned and they could no longer afford my hostel fees. I chose to stay in town to fend for myself when I had just turned seventeen. Those were hard formative years.

But my circumstances gave me an opportunity to see different sides of the coin from a very young age. The first time I drank a glass of real unadulterated whole milk was at the immigration hostel in Australia, it was the best thing I had ever tasted. About 80% of the pupils at the primary school were new Australians. Everyone was a 'bloody something,' a bloody kraut, (German), a bloody daigo (Italian), a bloody pom, (English), etc. It was normal, no one took offence. But I have always had a soft spot for the underdog, not just because I was a tiny twerp, but guess it's something I got from my Father. And so I stand up for those that are publicly maligned, while at the same time wondering what makes the bully tick. I realise there are some really bad people out there, but also believe some of them would change given half a chance.

I had gone to Russia when they were transitioning from the communist system to the capitalist system - it was a shambles. But at that time many scholarship students from different parts of the world were still enrolled in Moscow universities. Since I couldn't speak Russian and they spoke English this became my territory and so I did my service at the university hostels. It was a great opportunity to understand what makes people tick. One young Muslim man from Sudan kept a revolver under his pillow. He had rigged the door bell to make a light go on in his room so that he could check who was at the door before letting me in. He was so scared. He was part of a Muslim extremist group who he said would kill him if any of them found out he was talking to me. I suggested he go to NZ, and he said they have cells all over the world and that they would find him and kill him. As I said some of those 'bad' people would change given half a chance. Many of those enrolled in the universities were using it as a refuge. Another, also Muslim from Sudan was married to a Christian, they were also stuck there. And another, an old man, who had been the finance minister of an African country, who was ostensibly doing his master's degree in economics at the university. We had some good discussions, comparing the Quran and the bible. He always treated me with the utmost respect and would leave the door ajar when I visited him because I was a woman. Once when we were comparing the creation account, he said, "We know the woman is an inferior creation, but how is it she rules?". Which I thought was an extraordinary statement for him to make. It was only later after visiting Tunisia that I understood what he meant. The women did all the work and ran the house, thus their men were completely dependent on them. In Russia young Muslim male students did all in their power to scrape together enough money to phone their mothers each week because, they said, she would worry about them. Besides students from the African continent, there were those from the Middle East, India, China, Pakistan,Tibet, Bangladesh etc. as well as all my many Russian friends. So yes, I have a soft spot for Russia, as it is where I woke up and began to learn what I needed to learn.

I understand we humans are capable of great evil, but also know we are capable of great love. And as Paul said to the Corinthians, you are cramped for room in your tender affections ... you too widen out, (2Cor6:12,13).

Each of us has a unique knowledge base that affords us insight into what makes others tick, and see them in a different light so that we can widen out in our love. All we need to get through our thick skulls is not to judge one another, and that ain't easy, (Mt 7:1-5).
LRW~

Dajo1

#76 Post by Dajo1 » 2 months ago

Thanks gotherefore for that link!

A picture paints (or in that case, a video) a thousand words.

I would have thought that stranger would have known in a war situation the “first casualty is truth”.
BOTH sides lie. BOTH sides do what they can to discredit each other. Americans are FED in the same manner as Russians.

AmosAU

#77 Post by AmosAU » 2 months ago

Hi CI,

Many thanks for your testimony. I really agree that it improves our understanding of other folks.

I am one of the local Aussies who welcomed so many migrants here after the war. I started school close to where the local migrant camp was located in 1950.
We had people from almost every country in Europe and Eastern Europe. I made many friends among the school children. I found the German, Polish and Hungarian among the ones I could relate to best.

Kind regards, Amos.

coccus ilicis

#78 Post by coccus ilicis » 2 months ago

AmosAU wrote: 2 months ago Hi CI,

Many thanks for your testimony. I really agree that it improves our understanding of other folks.

I am one of the local Aussies who welcomed so many migrants here after the war. I started school close to where the local migrant camp was located in 1950.
We had people from almost every country in Europe and Eastern Europe. I made many friends among the school children. I found the German, Polish and Hungarian among the ones I could relate to best.

Kind regards, Amos.
Hi Amos,

The migrant camps we were in were at Maribyrnong in Melbourne and Bonegilla. I believe there were others north of Sydney.
LRW~

Orchid61

#79 Post by Orchid61 » 2 months ago

Hi CI,

Thats one amazing story, wow.

Love 🌷🌸💐🌷🌹

AmosAU

#80 Post by AmosAU » 2 months ago

coccus ilicis wrote: 2 months ago
Hi Amos,

The migrant camps we were in were at Maribyrnong in Melbourne and Bonegilla. I believe there were others north of Sydney.
Hi CI,

I was in NSW about 50 Ks north west of Sydney at Windsor.

That's where so0me of the very bad floods are now. We were there about a year before the 1949 flood. This was one of the worst floods for the region until that time.

Regards, Amos.