WT officially removed Jesus

Forum rules
Matt 18:6; Eccl 7:9; 1 Pet 4:8 (If you're not sure what they say then please hover over them with your mouse or look them up in your own Bible before posting)
investigate

WT officially removed Jesus

#1 Post by investigate » 10 months ago

New feb WT, study article 6, paragraph 8. Whats so ironic is I was just reading Matthew 23 last night in personal reading where Jesus says Christ is our only leader.

AmosAU

Re: WT officially removed Jesus

#2 Post by AmosAU » 10 months ago

investigate wrote: 10 months ago New feb WT, study article 6, paragraph 8. Whats so ironic is I was just reading Matthew 23 last night in personal reading where Jesus says Christ is our only leader.
Hi Investigate,

Could you elaborate on this please? Many of us here don't subscribe to the WT anymore. Are you able to copy and paste the relevant WT statement to this effect.
Which verses in Matthew 23 are you refering to?

Regards, Amos.

investigate

#3 Post by investigate » 10 months ago

You are absolutely right, my apologies. Think I was being lazy on mobile. Latest study article says...

Today Jehovah leads the earthly part of his organization by means of “the faithful and discreet slave.”

And...

During the great tribulation, we may receive instructions that seem strange, impractical, or illogical. Of course, Jehovah will not speak to us personally. He will likely provide direction through his appointed representatives (which, according to the latest annual meeting, won't even be anointed Christians but their "helpers")

Maybe they've said it before, but for some reason this was especially shocking seeing it as clear as this in print. I had just finished reading Matt 23:10 where Jesus said to not call anyone your "Leader", or "Teacher", because our only one is Christ. And he's not even mentioned here - completely bypassed. Greek reference for Leader/Teacher (kathegetes) https://biblehub.com/greek/2519.htm.

Proselytiser of Jah

#4 Post by Proselytiser of Jah » 10 months ago

They've said for the longest time that Jesus isn't the mediator of the other sheep, but that the GB are the "mediators to Jesus" who can "then through them" meditate them to God. So yes, they have put themselves in Jesus' position, and are acting like Korah.
"The fruitage of the Spirit is; love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control..." Galatians 5:22-23

Bobcat

#5 Post by Bobcat » 10 months ago

For reference purposes, since the F&DS parable has been alluded to above, this post has links to various aspects of it.

Bobcat