Maths Virus 1914

This is the place to discuss anything to do with scriptural doctrine. It is the primary purpose of this site, and most discussions will be here.
Forum rules
Matt 18:6; Eccl 7:9; 1 Pet 4:8 (If you're not sure what they say then please hover over them with your mouse or look them up in your own Bible before posting)
Marina

Re: Maths Virus 1914

#61 Post by Marina » 1 year ago

Hi Johnamos2.0. If you go to my YouTube site and look up Maths Virus 3 you will see the video that fully addresses the 7 scriptures. No date needed.

If you want to work it all out yourself here's my website with the scriptures on.

http://olam30.com/key/b01_key_chron_chart.php

It is abstract on the website - so I expect you'll find Math Virus 3 helpful.
Marina

johnamos2.0

#62 Post by johnamos2.0 » 1 year ago

Thank you. Amazingly done video. I wish I had the know how to do such.

Proselytiser of Jah

#63 Post by Proselytiser of Jah » 1 year ago

Ok so, if anyone can help me out here. I'm trying to have a clarified picture on the whole 1914 ordeal, the relation to Miller, Russell and the pyramid of giza.

From what I understand, thanks to watching a recent video posted on this forum on the history of Adventists viewtopic.php?p=48939#p48939 that the date 1914 was calculated as a prophetic year through the Bible by changing Miller's start date to the "fall of Jerusalem", though I'm sure there was an error in calculation as nothing happened but WW1 (which some would attest is related to prophecy somehow), but it was certainly not Jesus' return. As shown by historical sources and Maria's videos, whether it is 607/606 or 587, it's still a false prophecy to claim that any of these calcuations lead to 1914.

What I'm trying to figure out is where the pyramid came into all this, and was it the chicken or the egg?

According to an exJW source on reddit:
1914 was always linked to 606 or 607. Jerusalem's destruction was the starting point of the 'seven times,' the 2,520 years.

The Great Pyramid was always understood to corroborate the so-called 'Bible's chronological scheme' - not be the source of it.

However, I am lead to believe that these measurements kept changing over time, either due to error, or as some believe, deception and attempting to "make the pyramid match the date 1914" as it was believed to be a "stone witness".

Now, my question is, does the pyramid actually have "anything" to do with Russel's calcuations? Did they (or anyhing else) originate from the pyramid, or was Russel being a con artist by trying to make it look like the pyramid corelated the Biblical 1914 date, due to the belief that it was a sign?

A couple of other posts state:
I cannot find a publication that derives 606/607 independently of 1914 and the 2520 years prophecy. There is nothing in Studies from the Scriptures or later. The reason is there is no Biblical chronology that can be used to indepentantly calculate 606 or 607. There should be. Where is it? The publishers of the Watchtower would love to write an article about it.

Russell was enamoured with pyramid chronology "The Bible in Stone" and simply reverse calculated 606 using the length of one of the pyramid's passages. The pyramid is THE source of 1914 and therefore 606/607. In Russell's time when cuniform had not yet been translated it was thought these dates were so remote no one would ever discover the actual date for the destruction of Jerusalem. 606 was unverifiable. They thought no one could prove them wrong.

Who said that the pyramid only "corroberated" 1914? I know. It was Jehovah's Witnesses trying to hide the truth.
You are right in saying that 607 and 606 BCE cannot independently be verified as the year of Jerusalem's destruction. This was the assertion of Barbour/Russell. Studies in the Scriptures and early WTs outline this. The Great Pyramid was thought to support that premise.

While the discoveries of first-hand, cuneiform records were new at the time, there had been a long tradition of relying on 'Ptolemy's Canon' and other classical sources. None of these suggested 606 BCE as Nebuchadnezzar's 18th year. If anything, 606 was his accession year (only out by a year). Barbour/Russell insisted otherwise due to their misunderstanding of Scripture.
As we can see, 607 was selected to be the "fall of Jerusalem", but the question we have to ask is "why". Which is the chicken and which is the egg?

If Russel said it was 1914 "before" he measured the pyramid, then we have to ask where he got that date from, which is of course "607 Jerusalem fall." However, we then have to ask, where did he get the idea that it was 607? Was this the date thought to be the fall of Jerusalem at the time secularly? Not according to those above posts. So... did Russel either:

1. Make up 607 as Jerusalem's fall to lead to 1914, and 'then' measured giza to try and confirm it as his "stone witness" (which is also questionable, since the measurements keep alternating in different sources).
2. Russel measured giza first, and 'then' believed that told him the fall of Jerusalem was in 607, in which he then attempted to calculate in the Bible to 1914
3. Russel measured giza first to attain "1914" (as opposed to 607), which then lead him to conclude Jerusalem fell in 607

Now, we know either way, 607 and 1914 are wrong, both biblically and historically, so I don't think anything in regard to 1914 can be seen as a special date in relation to "any" kind of prophecy, but what I'm after is... what lead to what in Russel's ideas of 607/1914.
"The fruitage of the Spirit is; love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control..." Galatians 5:22-23

Proselytiser of Jah

#64 Post by Proselytiser of Jah » 1 year ago

(Continued, ran out of editing time)

The reason I find this important is because if it can be shown 1914/607 truly originated from a pyramid, and nothing else, then the WT prophecy is purely Babylonian, occultic of origin, which then the scriptures were warped by Russell to conform to. And that is very powerful ammunition to point at the WT with, tying her directly into the Paganised Harlot.

However some defend the WT, by saying the pyramid only "correlated" (but it still doesn't mean 1914 is biblically correct anyway, pyramid or no, so this form of apologetics is meaningless even if true).

If the 1914/607 date was attained "before" the pyramid was measured, and was based purely in scripture, then either 1. Russel misread/miscalcuated the Bible which created the math virus by mistake as a side effect (and possibly Russel just lied about the pyramid measurements to support his calculations) or 2. He knowingly lied and purposefuly twisted the scriptures and created this "math virus" Marina has exposed to support 607/1914 (and then also lied about the pyramid measurements to support the false prophecy created, because to this day it's unknown what the ""genuine" measurements are since different measurements were provided).

Which ever answer it is, I don't think we can say that the measurements of the pyramids was some "coincidence", clearly I think "some" sort of deception is involved, but the question is "where" does that deception lie? Babylon/occult, or just a man's lie/mistake?
"The fruitage of the Spirit is; love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control..." Galatians 5:22-23

Proselytiser of Jah

#65 Post by Proselytiser of Jah » 1 year ago

I came across this interesting piece https://neohistoricism.net/2018/05/03/a ... cy-part-1/

I wasn't aware that the Jews use a similar line of thinking to JWs by trying to alter biblical math to deny Daniel's 70 weeks leading to Christ in 33CE.

Proselytiser of Jah

#66 Post by Proselytiser of Jah » 11 months ago

So, is anyone familiar with Third Witness (aka Jehovah's Judgement) and his reasoning on 607 being the "Biblically accurate" date for Jerusalem?

http://thirdwitness.com/607_BCE/www.jeh ... co.uk/607/

I realise, with the math virus Marina has figured out, this means that 'if' 607 is correct, then all of secular history has to change, because all the dates of kingship and so on are connected together in scripture. But according to this article (I've not read through it fully, but I looked at a glance at the end conclusions) that if it's not 607, it causes all the Biblical prophecies in these books to fail?

I don't know if anyone has any light to shed on that. This area isn't really my speciality.

What I will say though, is that, even if it was 607, it still doesn't prove anything about 1914, or even 1919, since those "conclusions" and double meanings to scripture were literally just made up, and so there still isn't proof regardless for WT's so-called authority to command others or of their "chosen status", or of an invisible return of Jesus.

Marina

#67 Post by Marina » 11 months ago

You can forget the dates in relation to anything I have said. Ok keep them a bit to show the errors. All I am showing is that WT falls ultimately on Ezekiel 40:1. The 19th year of Nebuchadnezzar's rulership when Jerusalem fell and 14 years afterwards. You do not need any dates just the Bible.

Regarding secular history - give consideration to how Jehovah marked time. He did not use dates. He takes things greater than dates and monitors time with heart stopping precision. The lives of men, events, ranges of years, logic, even the very days of the weeks and the months.

There's more work to be done. But Jehovah will show (as normal) that He Himself is surpassing as our creator and that includes how He chose to inspire His prophets and how He arranged to have the Scriptures written.

Nothing more to say at mo. You need another method to demo precisely what is in the Bible time-wise.
Marina

coccus ilicis

#68 Post by coccus ilicis » 11 months ago

Proselytiser of Jah wrote: 1 year ago Ok so, if anyone can help me out here. I'm trying to have a clarified picture on the whole 1914 ordeal, the relation to Miller, Russell and the pyramid of giza.
Hi Proslytiser,

The great pyramid of Giza has fascinated and gotten attention by researchers throughout history and more is known today and how its measurements relate to earth measurement, its rotation and its oscillations in orbit, see THE GREAT PYRAMID OF GIZA: Decoding the Measure of a Monument.

Russel like many others was fascinated and influenced by it. The other thing that influenced him was the Zionist, who contributed a regular article on the progress in securing Palestine for a homeland in Zion's Watchtower in the 1890s. It's unclear who came up with the 607BC date at the date for the destruction of Jerusalem but the Zionists also cottoned onto that date. Russel used the 360-day year = 2320yrs for his calculations, and the Zionists use the 365 day year, 7x365=2255 yrs.
Israel goes into exile -607+2555 = 1948 when Palestine was granted as a homeland for Jews
Jerusalem destroyed -587+2555=1968 after the six-day war when they took Jerusalem
Jews released from Babylon -537+2555=2018 the Balfour Declaration, see post 7, here

That's my two cents worth. The question that remains to be answered is why does anyone believe what they do believe, and to hang in there and to keep on keeping on.
LRW~

Marina

#69 Post by Marina » 2 weeks ago

Here's the 4th and final video regarding 1914
Leaving the Watchtower - Maths Virus Part 4.

coccus ilicis wrote: 11 months ago The question that remains to be answered is why does anyone believe what they do believe, and to hang in there and to keep on keeping on.
Proselytiser of Jah wrote: 1 year ago Ok so, if anyone can help me out here. I'm trying to have a clarified picture on the whole 1914 ordeal, the relation to Miller, Russell and the pyramid of giza.
You will find information in there that relates to the Great Pyramid and Jesus' second coming towards the middle and end of the video. There is a video index to help you navigate because the video is over 1 hour long. I hope you will find the information helpful.

:flowers:
Marina