Make a new plan Stan!

Chat about anything you like here that doesn't fit under Bible Doctrines. Keep the subjects clean and refreshing to all.
Forum rules
Matt 18:6; Eccl 7:9; 1 Pet 4:8 (If you're not sure what they say then please hover over them with your mouse or look them up in your own Bible before posting)
lynchpin

Re: Make a new plan Stan!

#41 Post by lynchpin » 3 years ago

Hi Bruno,

"Most people live life on the path we set for them, too afraid to explore any other. But once in a while people like you come along and knock down all the obstacles we put in your way. People who realize free will is a gift you never know how to use until you fight for it.

" I think that's the Chairman's (God) real plan - that maybe one day we won't write the plan, you will." –

Hi Bruno,

I recently viewed this movie, 'The Adjustment Bureau'- I don't know if you might have put it up on here ? I got to thinking about free will and the choices we humans decide upon to set/choose the right path to travel upon.

I thought about Adam choosing Eve in Genesis where it all went downhill.

Whereas, the man in this movie (keep in mind it's a fantasy) governed by The Chairman (God) made the very same choice with a totally different and happy outcome.

Hollywood Rules and we all ride away into the sunset! ;)

The final words in the brief video has the important words around the 3.28 timer mark.
http://feelingsuccess.com/?p=4676

Bruno

#42 Post by Bruno » 3 years ago

lynchpin wrote: 3 years ago Hi Bruno,

"Most people live life on the path we set for them, too afraid to explore any other. But once in a while people like you come along and knock down all the obstacles we put in your way. People who realize free will is a gift you never know how to use until you fight for it.

" I think that's the Chairman's (God) real plan - that maybe one day we won't write the plan, you will." –

I recently viewed this movie, 'The Adjustment Bureau'- I don't know if you might have put it up on here ? I got to thinking about free will and the choices we humans decide upon to set/choose the right path to travel upon.
Hi Lynchpin,

That’s a great clip. Very interesting! I haven’t seen the film but watched a couple of trailers to get an understanding of the story. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wZJ0TP4nTaE

I suppose if humans learn how to completely master their free will, Genesis 4:7, then they will be finally free to write a sin free plan for themselves, Genesis 3:22 and eat from that tree.
lynchpin wrote: 3 years ago
I thought about Adam choosing Eve in Genesis where it all went downhill.

Whereas, the man in this movie (keep in mind it's a fantasy) governed by The Chairman (God) made the very same choice with a totally different and happy outcome.

Hollywood Rules and we all ride away into the sunset! ;)

The final words in the brief video has the important words around the 3.28 timer mark.
http://feelingsuccess.com/?p=4676
From what I could understand, life for the two main characters first went downhill before they managed to get a handle on things towards the end.
Mat Damon has always been good at solving problems, https://is4-ssl.mzstatic.com/image/thum ... 268x0w.png

I’m not so sure we have seen the last of Adam and Eve yet. Maybe they will also eventually get to grips with their free will. After a 7000 year fight to understand what it is all about.

Hollywood, humans and God all desire the same thing. A happy ending. He’s a happy God for a reason. We have a happy message for a reason.
1 Timothy1:11 This accords with the glorious gospel of the blessed God that was entrusted to me.

What child doesn’t know those famous words at the end of the best and most memorable stories, “And they lived happily ever after” Even Hollywood can’t escape the subconscious gospel embedded deep into its soul.
Karl

goghtherefore

#43 Post by goghtherefore » 3 years ago

Hi Lynchpin

Re " 'The Adjustment Bureau' "

I like the doors!

Cheers!

goghtherefore
“This is My Son, My Chosen One; listen to Him!”
Luke 9:35

Stranger

#44 Post by Stranger » 3 years ago

Phoebe wrote,

Hey Brother Stranger,

I don’t know what is happening in your life, I pray you will be OK....
There’s room for all don’t you think? 🙂

You mentioned some difficulties with thoughts and things on your mind - Hope whatever disquieting thoughts you are having will be resolved.

Our Creator, our ‘Reason for Being’ cares for each of His extraordinary creations....He ‘wills’ a beautiful réconciliation.....
We try to express His reconciling voice and extend that Hope to every last, lost soul.
He can heal EVERYTHING if He desires, in its due time.

And He tells us that He DOES desire.
We try to live in a way that expresses that Hope and Love.
He generously gives us a new start every day ☀️

Take care ..... you have some caring brothers here....
Hope you don’t disappear. 🙂
Hi Phoebe,
Thank you so much for your loving concern, I just want you to know that I'm okay now, and I wanted to send you a song to let you know how I feel about you!

www.youtube.com/watch?v=nqYU9pDioMs

Your Brother,

Stranger, (Pr 16:1)

Phoebe

#45 Post by Phoebe » 3 years ago

Dear Brother Stranger,

That's a very touching and comforting song.
Thank you for making me feel more worthwhile than I might actually be 🙂

I have a few 'demons' of my own, brought about by traumatic events of the past - and you know, I have a bit of a battle with internal feelings of pain and hurt...which comes and goes.

After a few weeks of fairly consistent 'freedom' from horrible feelings, stirrings of anxiety and worthlessness started to circulate in my mind and soul over the past few days.
Exhausting after such a good run of 'peace'.

Your kindly thought out Christian bouquet of song and lyric was just something that I needed today....just a nudge to push out the hurtful and self damaging feelings that can flatten me.

It seems to me, there is so much good Christian-will here - and if anyone of us can be the soothing kindness to another, even just for a moment in words and thoughts - then surely our Lord is magnified.

With prayer and Christian care to you,
Thank you 💐
Phoebe.

Stranger

#46 Post by Stranger » 3 years ago

Phoebe wrote,
Thank you for making me feel more worthwhile than I might actually be 🙂
No, don't even try to under value your worth now Phoebe, in my eyes you're the "total package" in need of a worthy handler.
I have a few 'demons' of my own, brought about by traumatic events of the past - and you know, I have a bit of a battle with internal feelings of pain and hurt...which comes and goes.
I can understand and at the same time lend a hand if you ever need one, Big Brother stays on ready! :whistle:
After a few weeks of fairly consistent 'freedom' from horrible feelings, stirrings of anxiety and worthlessness started to circulate in my mind and soul over the past few days.
Exhausting after such a good run of 'peace'.
That word worthlessness is not pleasant and it does not describe you Phobe! I wish you wouldn't use it, for it does not describe you. Anxiety, we can deal with and evev turn it to our advantage but we are never worthless my dear I can assure you that. And I'm not a little boy! :D

Your kindly thought out Christian bouquet of song and lyric was just something that I needed today....just a nudge to push out the hurtful and self damaging feelings that can flatten me.

It seems to me, there is so much good Christian-will here - and if anyone of us can be the soothing kindness to another, even just for a moment in words and thoughts - then surely our Lord is magnified.
Christianity Works! I'm just now learning how to take advantage of the tools that have been given to take advantage of our knowledge....hmmm, I wonder how that happened? (Thank you Jesus,Thank You Lord!)

www.youtube.com/watch?v=tBBw1MEOMWI

Stranger, (Jer 32:17)

Phoebe

#47 Post by Phoebe » 3 years ago

Thank you again - and yeah!!!!! Christianity works!
Turn up the volume! I like that song! :D

Stranger

#48 Post by Stranger » 3 years ago

Phoebe wrote,
and yeah!!!!! Christianity works!
Turn up the volume! I like that song! :D
Trust me, the speakers are maxed, the db level is at it's finest, even the hearing impaired agree! "The most important part of communication is hearing what isn't said" (PD)

CHRISTIANITY WORKS!

You sure got that right Phoebe!
www.youtube.com/watch?v=L1t6fNnLOfo

Stranger, (Jn 18:21NIV)

Phoebe

#49 Post by Phoebe » 3 years ago

Hi Brother DJ Stranger et al,

Saw Lynard Skynard at Knebworth UK....1976...in my late teens.

What a rock and roll festival that was ........Stones, Ten CC, Tod Rungren - I was a very well behaved festival attender....but yet long before my Christian conversion days.
The energy of music can be amazing and transforming.

I feel that music can sometimes tell us where we are at in our lives....that can be a good thing. Like all art, we hope it makes us think...and reflect on where the universe of our LORD is heading.... :)

Stranger

#50 Post by Stranger » 3 years ago

Phoebe wrote,
Hi Brother DJ Stranger et al,

Saw Lynard Skynard at Knebworth UK....1976...in my late teens.

What a rock and roll festival that was ........Stones, Ten CC, Tod Rungren - I was a very well behaved festival attender....but yet long before my Christian conversion days.
The energy of music can be amazing and transforming.

I feel that music can sometimes tell us where we are at in our lives....that can be a good thing. Like all art, we hope it makes us think...and reflect on where the universe of our LORD is heading.... :)
Hello Phoebe,

I wish I coulda been there with you, but as pretty as you are, you probably already had a date! I have seen most of the videos from that festival and it looks like one heck of a day. (Then was our mouth filled with laughter, and our tongue with singing: then said they among the heathen, The Lord hath done great things for them.) Ps 126:2.

I cant hardly read my Bible without my music playing, they just seem to go together so well! Of course I don't just read my Bible, I listen to it, I scrutinize it, I live it out, and I protect it from incoming enemy fire. (I'm sure you know what I mean!)

Hey Sister,
"It's important to me that you know you are free"

www.youtube.com/watch?v=N_25z8AoByw

Stranger, (2Chr 29:31 KJV)