Interesting Stuff

Chat about anything you like here that doesn't fit under Bible Doctrines. Keep the subjects clean and refreshing to all.
Forum rules
Matt 18:6; Eccl 7:9; 1 Pet 4:8 (If you're not sure what they say then please hover over them with your mouse or look them up in your own Bible before posting)
Bobcat

Re: Interesting Stuff - Sufism

#591 Post by Bobcat » 7 months ago

I'ver heard the term Sufism mentioned in the forum a few times. I came across an article that purports to be a brief primer on the topic: Here.

Bobcat

Bobcat

Re: Interesting Stuff

#592 Post by Bobcat » 7 months ago

Article: Paradise Postponed. A discussion of psychological problems and reasons for them among JWs.

Bobcat

Proselytiser of Jah

#593 Post by Proselytiser of Jah » 7 months ago

Bobcat wrote: 7 months ago Article: Paradise Postponed. A discussion of psychological problems and reasons for them among JWs.

Bobcat
It is fair to say, I have experienced lots of mental illness as my time as a JW.

There was an interesting video on the topic that Rolf made on the topic however, though he no longer supports the Org, making a counter argument, as he revealed how the stats were attained.

"The fruitage of the Spirit is; love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control..." Galatians 5:22-23

Bobcat

#594 Post by Bobcat » 7 months ago

Thanks PoJ for posting that.

Bobcat

Bobcat

Re: Interesting Stuff - George Lamsa

#595 Post by Bobcat » 7 months ago

An article I came across on George Lamsa: Here. (Please note that I don't necessarily subscribe to everything the author of the article writes.)

Here was a post from about three years ago that also discussed him (with links). For JWs, he is most likely known for his stance on the comma in Lu 23:43.

Bobcat

Bobcat

Re: Interesting Stuff - Relics From Herod's Temple

#596 Post by Bobcat » 7 months ago

An article discussing evidence that Jewish Temple relics (from Herod's temple) are located in the secret storerooms of the Vatican: Here. The article is from The Jerusalem Post.

These would have been artifacts originally taken by Roman General Titus after the 1st century Jewish-Roman War.

Bobcat

Bobcat

Re: Interesting Stuff - Financial Biography of JFR

#597 Post by Bobcat » 7 months ago

A website documenting financial dealings of Joseph Rutherford: Here.

And a related notice that appeared in The Golden Age (1/15/1936):

Bobcat

Stranger

#598 Post by Stranger » 7 months ago

Bobcat wrote: 7 months ago A website documenting financial dealings of Joseph Rutherford: Here.

And a related notice that appeared in The Golden Age (1/15/1936):

Rutherford's rainbow is overdue, but not to worry, there's still the Silver Sword, the GB's Gold and the Logo made of Blue. (Silver Blue and Gold).

Here's some lyrics that fit your notice. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xKOUm-Mt3k0

Stranger

Bobcat

Re: Interesting Stuff - Recent UAP Sightings

#599 Post by Bobcat » 7 months ago

The video below offers a possible solution to the fairly recent revelation of UAPs (also called UFOs) that have been videoed by some US Navy aircraft.

The UAPs seem to exhibit extraordinary capabilities that some have theorized must be from a non-earth source. The video is 10 ½ minutes long, and quite fascinating.

Bobcat

Proselytiser of Jah

#600 Post by Proselytiser of Jah » 7 months ago

Posting this video, no context. I'll let viewers decide what it reminds them of.

"The fruitage of the Spirit is; love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control..." Galatians 5:22-23