"Things" that God has prepared for those who love him!

This is the place to discuss anything to do with scriptural doctrine. It is the primary purpose of this site, and most discussions will be here.
Forum rules
Matt 18:6; Eccl 7:9; 1 Pet 4:8 (If you're not sure what they say then please hover over them with your mouse or look them up in your own Bible before posting)
Sevenz

"Things" that God has prepared for those who love him!

#1 Post by Sevenz » 2 months ago

I personally find the following words of the apostle Paul to be very intriguing.
1 Corinthians 2:9-10
9 But just as it is written: “Eye has not seen and ear has not heard, nor have there been conceived in the heart of man the things that God has prepared for those who love him.” 10 For it is to us God has revealed them through his spirit, for the spirit searches into all things, even the deep things of God.
I have gone to the trouble of reading what various Commentaries have to say at Bible Hub, nearly to the point of going blind (you probably know what I mean), and to be frank I don't think any of the commentators have the slightest idea what 1 Corinthians 2:9 means. So, I am curious to find out what you folks think the passage means. What are some "things" that God has prepared for those who love him? It says that God has revealed them through his spirit.

I sincerely hope to hear from some of you here. Don't be bashful, tell me what you personally think the text means.

Sevenz

AmosAU

Re: "Things" that God has prepared for those who love him!

#2 Post by AmosAU » 2 months ago

Hi Sevenz,
That's a good question that I've also considered myself. I've listed several scriptures that might help you to get some thoughts on it.
I'm really time poor at the moment and can't do much more to help.

Isa_64:4;
Joh_3:16;
1Pe_1:12
Psa_31:19;
Mat_20:23,
Mat_25:34;
Heb_11:16
Rom_8:28;
Jas_1:12,
Jas_2:5;
1Jn_4:19

Regards, Amos.

Sevenz

Re: "Things" that God has prepared for those who love him!

#3 Post by Sevenz » 2 months ago

Hi, Amos.

Thanks very much for replying and compiling those scriptures. I loved reading every one of them. I have a few ideas that I would like to share with you regarding what could possibly be included in the "things" referenced in the text at 1 Corinthians 2:9. I have another (unrelated) matter that is pressing in upon me that I must deal with right now, but I will return later in order to relate my "ideas" and to hopefully get your opinion about them.

Sevenz