Apologies for Outage

apollos0fAlexandria

Apologies for Outage

#1 Post by apollos0fAlexandria » 1 month ago

Sorry to members who experienced a recent outage. The issue was actually very simple, but took a few hours to resolve.

Hopefully everything will be stable now, and special thanks to Marina and others who raised the alarm.

apollos0fAlexandria

Re: Apologies for Outage

#2 Post by apollos0fAlexandria » 1 month ago

I realize that there were some additional random corruption problems after the outage. I apologize for the inconvenience. The good news (if I can term it that), is that the corruption resulted from a very mundane technical issue. There was nothing malicious about it and our security is a strong as always.

I carried out a standard database repair and this seems to have solved most issues. That said, there do still seem to be some additional minor issues to address.

If anyone encounters a problem going forward please post it here and I will try to manually fix it.

Bobcat

#3 Post by Bobcat » 1 month ago

I appreciate your effort and skill in dealing with this Apollos.

Bobcat

Bobcat

#4 Post by Bobcat » 1 month ago

Hi Apollos,

I tried to post a comment on this thread (about Lazarus). Whether I hit preview or submit the same thing happens. The post disappears and I get this notice:
No route found for "GET /posting.php" (from "posting.php?mode=reply&f=2&t=2401")

Fortunately, after this happened the first time I redid the post and saved it to a text file before I tried it again, but got the same result.

Thanks again for your efforts in dealing with the problems.

Bobcat

Bobcat

#5 Post by Bobcat » 3 weeks ago

Just FYI, Apollos has efforts underway to find and fix the problems with the forum software.

Bobcat