Colin Powell Has Died

Forum rules
Matt 18:6; Eccl 7:9; 1 Pet 4:8 (If you're not sure what they say then please hover over them with your mouse or look them up in your own Bible before posting)
Daniel12

Re: Colin Powell Has Died

#11 Post by Daniel12 » 3 months ago

FriendlyDoggo »
Daniel12 - From google:
pre·vent
/prəˈvent/

verb
keep (something) from happening or arising.
"action must be taken to prevent further accidents"
That doesn't imply that "something" is impossibe to happen.

Prevent means as you posted (keep something from happening)
Your parenthesis were applied in a wrong way in the first instance.

You focused on the NOUN-”something” instead of the action of the verb you are defining -PREVENT.

The article I posted, from CNN said All the COVID-19 vaccines PREVENT death

That was the heading, that’s what the majority of people understood it to mean. That if you get the vaccine, it will PREVENT DEATH.

No ifs, no buts, and NO IMPLYING SOMETHING IS IMPOSSIBLE TO HAPPEN.

The Message from CNN if very straight forward; All the COVID-19 vaccines PREVENT DEATH.

Which is what you posted in the second instance; ------Prevent means as you posted (keep something from happening)------In the case of the CNN article---Vaccines PREVENT DEATH FROM HAPPENING.
implyme - False
https://www.politifact.com/factchecks/2 ... ath-more-/
Everyone has known for years about fact-checkers.

There is a saying in your first year of English 101;

Who Fact-Checks the Fact-Checkers :o ?

Do you know who funds politifact?

My posts regarding the outcome of those vaccinated were from the publishing.service.gov.uk/government👑

Stranger

#12 Post by Stranger » 3 months ago

Daniel12 wrote: 3 months ago Your parenthesis were applied in a wrong way in the first instance.

You focused on the NOUN-”something” instead of the action of the verb you are defining -PREVENT.

It's amazing how we as Americans who speak English all our lives still don't know all the in's and out's of punctuation and still have no idea of how to use "proper English".

So it seems this has turned into another Covid thread.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a8kFKMjTFBs

Stranger

Daniel12

#13 Post by Daniel12 » 3 months ago

Well this is a heads-up!

I just got called in to work on a project. So I will be packing up and flying out tomorrow. :shock:

I can't play anymore! :cry:

I'll see you all in a few months. :heart2:

FriendlyDoggo

#14 Post by FriendlyDoggo » 3 months ago

Simplyme - Brother/Sister this is just a twitter post, there's a lot of better sources around, please don't believe this.

https://www.theunconventionalroute.com/ ... -internet/

Daniel12 - You said:
Daniel12 wrote: 3 months ago The Tune has changed In fact they are going back and rewriting the stories like WT does.
Play with words sounds very WT for me, like "presence" or "generation"

Accuse the fact checkers doesn't show that they are wrong.

But I thought that we shouldn't listen to the government...

Stranger: Sorry I'm not American, I sincerely didn't wan't to continue this.
My english isn't very good, sorry any inconvenience.

Stranger

#15 Post by Stranger » 3 months ago

FriendlyDoggo wrote: 3 months ago Stranger: Sorry I'm not American, I sincerely didn't wan't to continue this.

I wasn't talking about you FD, you have an excuse, we as Americans don't. Well I guess we do, if you consider the fact that you must pay for a proper education to speak proper English. Not all and not many can, so we just do the best with what we got. You're doing just fine FD. No worries!

Stranger, (Is 32:4 KJV)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8GC9Rgwdd6g

Marina

#16 Post by Marina » 2 months ago

Stranger wrote: 3 months ago So it seems this has turned into another Covid thread.
Stranger
As you likely know, ultimately Watchtower does not tolerate those who do not submit to the authority of the Governing Body. Individual members of the Watchtower can quietly hold doubts but to speak out is not allowed.

Recently they have put out a letter implying that elders should not speak against the vaccination.

So do you think elders are allowed to question whether or not Jesus did not carry out miracles? Do you think the elders are allowed to say that a demon-possessed man is not really a demon-possessed man but a man with a psychological issue and that Jesus was like a psychotherapist?

Well Jesus did cast a demon out.

(Matthew 12:22) . . .Then they brought him a demon-possessed man, blind and dumb; and he cured him, so that the dumb man spoke and saw.

(Matthew 12:26) . . .if Satan expels Satan, he has become divided against himself; how, then, will his kingdom stand?

(Matthew 12:31-32) . . .“On this account I say to you, Every sort of sin and blasphemy will be forgiven men, but the blasphemy against the spirit will not be forgiven. 32 For example, whoever speaks a word against the Son of man, it will be forgiven him; but whoever speaks against the holy spirit, it will not be forgiven him, no, not in this system of things nor in that to come.

Are there not plenty of people who feel quite comfortable saying there are no such things as demons and that Satan does not exists? Is that viewed as a controversial issue? In this day and age, whether Christian or not, I get the impression the answer to that is 'no it is not controversial'.

Why? The media? Education? Sources of information devoid of accurate Bible information? Most especially the words of Jesus Christ, the First Born Only Begotten Son of God.

Jesus Christ said Satan exists. Jesus Christ cast out demons. Jesus Christ healed the sick. Jesus Christ did not carry out medical experiments. Jesus Christ raised the dead. Note Jesus raised the dead. Even this man, Powell, he, Jesus Christ could bring back to life. That is the hope of the resurrection which exists, not because of medicine but because Jesus Christ did not break the Law which Jehovah, His Father, gave to Moses on Mount Sinai. Jesus did not sin and he bought us back from sin and death. (John 1:29)

(Matthew 12:31-32) . . .“On this account I say to you, Every sort of sin and blasphemy will be forgiven men, but the blasphemy against the spirit will not be forgiven. 32 For example, whoever speaks a word against the Son of man, it will be forgiven him; but whoever speaks against the holy spirit, it will not be forgiven him, no, not in this system of things nor in that to come.
Marina

Orchid61

#17 Post by Orchid61 » 2 months ago

Hi Daniel,

Stay safe whilst being away 🌷

Maria 🙂

FriendlyDoggo

#18 Post by FriendlyDoggo » 2 months ago

Marina wrote: 2 months ago Jesus Christ said Satan exists. Jesus Christ cast out demons. Jesus Christ healed the sick. Jesus Christ did not carry out medical experiments. Jesus Christ raised the dead. Note Jesus raised the dead. Even this man, Powell, he, Jesus Christ could bring back to life. That is the hope of the resurrection which exists, not because of medicine but because Jesus Christ did not break the Law which Jehovah, His Father, gave to Moses on Mount Sinai. Jesus did not sin and he bought us back from sin and death. (John 1:29)
Just a reminder: Deuteronomy 6:16, Matthew 4:7.
My english isn't very good, sorry any inconvenience.

simplyme

#19 Post by simplyme » 2 months ago

Hey Daniel

Have a safe trip. Enjoy yourself and where your at!!

Bobcat

#20 Post by Bobcat » 2 months ago

Recently they have put out a letter implying that elders should not speak against the vaccination.
At the CLAM last night an elder paraphrased that letter and reminded the congregation not to express personal opinions that contradict the government.

Having read the letter to the elders (it has been made available on the internet) I could tell he was using that letter as the basis for his instructions to the congregation in general. No mention was made of the fact that the letter was initially directed to elders voicing contrary opinions about the vaccine.

The letter itself includes the ammo that elders would use for any who do not obey. Such voicing of opinions is equated with "causing divisions." But the elder making the announcement last night did not specifically point that out.

Bobcat