America is gonna fall!

Forum rules
Matt 18:6; Eccl 7:9; 1 Pet 4:8 (If you're not sure what they say then please hover over them with your mouse or look them up in your own Bible before posting)
Stranger

America is gonna fall!

#1 Post by Stranger » 1 month ago

That's what I was told by a JW just yesterday (8/23/21), "That's right, it's in the Bible" I was told, and "the King of the North is going to rise up."

The JW's believe wholeheartedly that Russia is the King of the North. What brought up the conversation is that, I was telling them about how Afghanistan was the one who turned the USSR back into just Russia. All they had to say about that was, "oh that was back in the nineties".

I didn't press it because all that would do is cause some hate and discontent plus I'm not gonna argue with someone that can't speak for their self.

Anyway, I figured that the JW's would recant their KoN story but I guess so far they have not?

Stranger

Marina

Re: America is gonna fall!

#2 Post by Marina » 1 month ago

'Speak for their self?' Did you mean 'think for themselves?'

I know nothing about the Afghan Russian situation. I possibly know more about Afghan coats than Afghanistan. Although I do know that Timothy Leary went to Afghanistan. But that was back in the... whenever.

903 AD the Chishti Order a Sunni Sufi order began in Chisht, a small town near Herat, Afghanistan. Chishti is also notable for having been one of the first major Islamic mystics to formally allow his followers to incorporate the "use of music" in their devotions

Wonder if they'd heard this one :?: :shock:

Ok who wants the blusher brush next! :roll: :lol: :roll:
Marina

Stranger

#3 Post by Stranger » 1 month ago

Marina wrote:
1 month ago
'Speak for their self?' Did you mean 'think for themselves?'

Thank you for the correction Marina, yes I did. :lol:

Stranger

Bobcat

#4 Post by Bobcat » 1 month ago

Hi Stranger,

See my post here.

The premise of that post is that the Anglo-American empire is the little horn of Daniel 7.

Not everyone may agree with that premise. But, if the premise is correct, then, Daniel 7:26 describes the heavenly court taking away its rulership after 3 1/2 times of that empires' warring against the "holy ones." The stated purpose of removing its rulership is to destroy that empire. That would seem to imply that its destruction would follow soon after having its rulership (or ruling authority) taken away.

In the post I was postulating that God's causing the "ten horns" in Rev 17:17 to give their ruling authority to the scarlet beast was the mirror image of Dan 7:26.

The JWs you were talking with are assuming that Russia is the King of the North in Dan 11:40-45. That is how the WT interprets that passage. And in Dan 11:43, Egypt, which occupies the traditional position of the King of the South becomes financially dependent to the King of the North. So the JWs are interpreting the passage to mean that the King of the South (US/GB) will fall to Russia in some way.

My response would be that they are mistaken about who the king of the north is. But they are correct to think that the US/GB will somehow lose their world power status, if only briefly (assuming, of course, that the "little horn" = USA/GB).

But try telling them that. Your view means nothing to them. After all, they have the truth, and you don't (in their minds).

Bobcat

Marina

#5 Post by Marina » 1 month ago

Afghanistan is called the grave yard of empires - UK, Russia, USA

For 3 world powers Afghanistan is an obsession and an unwinnable war. US in 21 century, British in 19 century, 20 century Soviet.

1826 marked the start of European influence in Afghanistan. It went on until 1919. This phase witnessed the conflict between the expanding British and Russian empires. The rivalry culminated in two Anglo-Afghan wars. The British succeeded in putting their puppets on Afghan throne. However, Amanullah Khan tried to break free of British control, triggering the third Anglo Afghan War.

1838 Tripartite Treaty signed by British, Sikhs and Shah Shuja. By this the Shah gave up Afghanistan claim to Sikh territory. In return the Sikhs and British promised to help Shah get the Afghan throne back.

1868 In William Ewart Gladstone's first government - George Campbell, 8th Duke of Argyll became Secretary of State for India, in which role his refusal to promise support against the Russians to the Emir of Afghanistan helped lead to the Second Afghan War.

1960 Soviet economic advisor, Valerie Evenof arrived Afghanistan. A Soviet Afghan project of co-operation was established. For example, the Khyber Bakery and Confectionry. Kabul Bread factory. Water had to be brought in for irrigation, two state farms built. Huge amounts of aide. But US was doing the same in the south of Afghanistan.
Communism denies religion and debases the individual to part of a vast machine. Children are taken early and molded to fit the machine - there is no search for truth.
As Communism and Capitalism clashed - Kabul University built with foreign aide. Some focused on Communism, some focused on political Islam, an ideaology rejecting both the Soviet Union and the United states. University was a hotbed of Afghan radicalism. Islamists and kalashnikovs. Who could created the new paradise? Soviets got there first and took over Afghan in 1978.

1960s - Afghanistan a place of 'peace' where hippies went to smoke drugs and buy jackets.

1988 Gorbachev became General Secretary and made the decision to withdraw from Afghanistan.
Marina

Stranger

#6 Post by Stranger » 1 month ago

Bobcat wrote:
1 month ago
My response would be that they are mistaken about who the king of the north is. But they are correct to think that the US/GB will somehow lose their world power status, if only briefly (assuming, of course, that the "little horn" = USA/GB).
Hi Bobcat,

Let me get this right, you don't believe Russia is KoN like they do, but when you say "US/GB", I'm 98% sure you are talking the GB headquarters of the US, the other 2% is telling me you are somehow saying they may be a "combined force"? (USGB). All capital letters of course, gotta keep it "legal".

I did a lot of reading off your post you provided and then a lot more here and here and over there. :) Seen some of your and Sol's older posts to one another, that was interesting, reminded me of a sort of time capsule of a glimpse into the past to better know the present and possibly future. Thanks for the journey Bobcat.

This one is for you Bobcat, **(Ps 45:7)**

Stranger

Bobcat

#7 Post by Bobcat » 1 month ago

Hi Stranger,

By "GB" in my last post I meant Great Britain, not our other favorite "GB." I should have spelled that out. My bad.

Thank you for the kind words.

Regarding the current American/Western pull-back from Afghanistan, it looks like it will involve some loss of prestige on the part of the USA. But that has been happening for a while, even before Afghanistan. The Taliban basically did the same thing the North Vietnamese did. They waited in hiding until the Americans tired out. They never defeated the Americans on the battlefield. They defeated them in the field of public opinion.

Democracy, as championed by the US, is supposed to be the great hope and goal for mankind (compare Dan 7:8 - it's all in the "eyes"). But over the decades the world has been coming to see the flaws of it. Not that any other style of rule is better. But democracy, first proposed in Gen 3:5, but never intended by the proposer to really happen (compare Lu 4:5-6) has proved to be flawed. I understand this to be the main reason for the term "False Prophet" in Rev 16:13; 19:20 & 20:10. (It is the same as the two-horned beast out of the earth in Rev 13:11-17.) (On Satan proposing democracy, but not really intending to allow it, compare the first paragraph in this post.)

Bobcat

Marina

#8 Post by Marina » 1 month ago

How did the Taliban survive a year and a half without masks? I assume they are not social distancing or doing pcr testing. Are they all vaccinated? I am guessing they are not. But they've managed to recapture Kabul and freely rule Afghanistan in the middle of a global pandemic.

Amazing.
Marina

Bobcat

#9 Post by Bobcat » 1 month ago

Hi Marina,

Here is one report.

Bobcat

Marina

#10 Post by Marina » 1 month ago

Article dated June 17th - well they were very effective at getting the foreign troops to leave despite being poorly.
Marina