Babylon The Great

Forum rules
Matt 18:6; Eccl 7:9; 1 Pet 4:8 (If you're not sure what they say then please hover over them with your mouse or look them up in your own Bible before posting)
Marina

Babylon The Great

#1 Post by Marina » 1 month ago

Trump has survived 2 impeachments. Powerful child abusers have been cornered. Hollywood looks like it has made some really angry enemies in the military. Wonder if we are about to watch Babylon go.

Watch and see how ship captain's respond.

(Revelation 18:17-19) . . .And every ship captain and every man that voyages anywhere, and sailors and all those who make a living by the sea, stood at a distance 18 and cried out as they looked at the smoke from the burning of her and said, ‘What city is like the great city?’ 19 And they threw dust upon their heads and cried out, weeping and mourning, and said, ‘Too bad, too bad—the great city, in which all those having boats at sea became rich by reason of her costliness, because in one hour she has been devastated!’
Marina

Stranger

Re: Babylon The Great

#2 Post by Stranger » 1 month ago

Marina wrote:
1 month ago
Too bad, too bad—the great city, in which all those having boats at sea became rich by reason of her costliness, because in one hour she has been devastated!’

Hi Marina,

I know you are real good at math and Biblical Chronology, so could I ask you if that one hour is a literal hour (60mins), or should we apply the year for a day plan when calculating?

I came up with 365 hours = 15 days = 1 hour, applying the plan of the year per day. And of course I'm using modern day numbers as well, such as 365 days in a year 24 hours in a day and leaving out any decimal points.

Stranger

Jeremiah

#3 Post by Jeremiah » 1 month ago

Hey Stranger,
I was just having a quiet moment out here on my lily pad, and I got to thinking that if we apply the day for a year, then isn't there 24 hours in a day?

So 24 hours x 365 days = 8760. And 1 hour is 1/24 of 8760 = 365 = 1 year. Does this mean that an hour is a day and a year....and maybe a 1000 years.

Regards
Jeremy

Marina

#4 Post by Marina » 1 month ago

Tell you what Stranger - if Adam was created in one day, was that one literal day or 1000 years or even longer?

I won't labor to point but you go and have a chat with Tadua - then when you've sorted the past out you can examine the future. By then the hour might have overtaken us.

https://understandtheword.com/

Jeremy - you're sitting on a lily pad?
Marina

Stranger

#5 Post by Stranger » 1 month ago

Marina wrote:
1 month ago
Tell you what Stranger - if Adam was created in one day, was that one literal day or 1000 years or even longer?
According to old JW chronology it could have been up to 7000 years per day. 42,000 years of creativity (imagine that).

Marina wrote:
1 month ago
I won't labor to point but you go and have a chat with Tadua - then when you've sorted the past out you can examine the future. By then the hour might have overtaken us.

https://understandtheword.com/

I didn't know that y'all were a couple, congratulations! I've had to straighten Tadua out a couple of times over there, he gets his B.C.E.'s and C.E.'s mixed up with his B.C.'s and A.D.'s. But I think finally he may be getting it right now.

Stranger

Marina

#6 Post by Marina » 1 month ago

No we are not a couple. Anyway what day was Adam created on to get him to 130?

(Genesis 5:1-3) . . .This is the book of Adam’s history. In the day of God’s creating Adam he made him in the likeness of God. 2 Male and female he created them. After that he blessed them and called their name Man in the day of their being created. 3 And Adam lived on for a hundred and thirty years. Then he became father to a son in his likeness, in his image, and called his name Seth. . .
Marina

Bobcat

#7 Post by Bobcat » 1 month ago

If it helps any, I got 4609 BCE as the year of Adam's creation. (Here) This year is the MT's dating corrected by the differences in the LXX & SP.

Without the correction of the LXX & SP, the MT's dating alone would be 3959 BCE for Adam's creation. (Here)

The Society uses 4026 BCE as their date. This is the MT's dating alone, corrupted with the WT's 607 BCE dating for Jerusalem's fall to the Babylonians, and including the unique way they apply the 390 + 40 days of Ezekiel chapter 4. For a discussion of that see this post.

Bobcat

Jeremiah

#8 Post by Jeremiah » 1 month ago

Hi Marina,

I was just setting the tone, from a very good friend of Stranger. :)

Stranger

#9 Post by Stranger » 1 month ago

Jeremiah wrote:
1 month ago
I was just setting the tone, from a very good friend of Stranger.

Hi Jeremiah,

Whenever that North wind begins to blow, I will have anchored that lily pad to mine so don't worry about a thing, wherever you go I go. (That's what friends are for right?)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xEkIou3WFnM

Stranger, (Jn 10:4)

Marina

#10 Post by Marina » 1 month ago

So Bobcat has got us
BCE

So either in 4619 or 3969 or 4036 - Adam was 10 years old. Because on a specific day, 10 years earlier he had been created.
Marina