Scientism - Religion without morality

Forum rules
Matt 18:6; Eccl 7:9; 1 Pet 4:8 (If you're not sure what they say then please hover over them with your mouse or look them up in your own Bible before posting)
Marina

Scientism - Religion without morality

#1 Post by Marina » 2 months ago

If you get a chance watch this right through it is very informative.

https://www.bitchute.com/video/7AST3gTS3seN/

It is the David Knight Show - put out 12/1/21

Video Title
NIH & FDA at the Center of Transhumanist Movement

Video's summary
FDA & NIH are at the center of the transhumanist / eugenicist movement. NIH Director Francis Collins, head of both human genome and human connectome project pushes a “Christian transhumanism” that seeks to sell the idea that man can become like God and live forever. Sound familiar?

I note
Scientism - thesis, antithesis, synthesis (egalitarian) he speaks of Trotsky at 21:54 at 23:36 he mentions Hegel 28:21 Moderna and the Vaccine 37:57 - like Heaven's Gate (laser port yourself to other galaxies)
Marina

Strazh

Re: Scientism - Religion without morality

#2 Post by Strazh » 2 months ago

If you have a wish, find and watch this movie in English:

Louis Theroux: My Scientology Movie

I was shocked after what I saw. It's as much brainwashing as the watchtower. Only the idol is different.
I don't speak English, so sorry for the mistakes and style.

Strazh

#3 Post by Strazh » 2 months ago

It's bad when you don't know the language to communicate. Sometimes you look stupid. :)
But if we talk about the topic, Scientism and Scientology are religions that have no future.

Marina

#4 Post by Marina » 2 months ago

Hi Strazh

Don't worry about associating the words Scientism and Scientology. I have seen Louis Theroux program on Scientology or at least one of them. Scientology was founded by L Ron Hubbard, who was a science fiction writer like Marvel Comics stuff. If you compare Marvel Comic characters to the Greek myths you find similarities - the idea of a super hero.

Did you know that
In 1967 the UK's Labour Government, headed by Harold Wilson, banned Scientology in the UK.
In 1968 Scientology tried to take over Corfu using a former Irish passenger ferry.
In 1980, the UK's Conservative Government, headed by Margaret Thatcher changed the legislation on Scientology because she had two constituents who were Scientologists.
In 1997 BBC's Panorama did an expose of Scientology.

Regarding Scientism - the word is new to me but I liked David Knight's explanation of this whole subject.

The English word 'science' is a relatively new word. It was coined sometime around the 1800s to replace the concept of 'natural philosophy'. Since then science has become associated with the idea truth without Christianity. Like a different set of values and priorities based on experiment and measurement rather than the words of Jesus Christ.

So as you rightly say, Scientism and Scientology have no future. They are illusions.

:flowers:
Marina

Strazh

#5 Post by Strazh » 2 months ago

Marina wrote:
2 months ago
Hi Strazh

Don't worry about associating the words Scientism and Scientology.
Thank you, Marina, for your heart.
May Jehovah remember your kindness when you need His support.
The English word 'science' is a relatively new word. It was coined sometime around the 1800s to replace the concept of 'natural philosophy'. Since then science has become associated with the idea truth without Christianity. Like a different set of values and priorities based on experiment and measurement rather than the words of Jesus Christ.
Conspiracy theories have gained huge popularity on the English-language Internet, and sometimes with good reason. Echoes of these information waves have reached even us.

But in the Russian-language Internet, everything is different. Here the research of false history took the main place and became very widespread. Many issues are controversial, and I think that their accounts will eventually be deleted. They also say that in the late 1800s, all history was rewritten. But, interestingly, it helped close the mouths of many blasphemers and opponents of Christianity. They said Jesus was a liar because he was gone for 2,000 years. And that He would never come. But secular alternative volunteer historians say very little time has passed since the days of Christ. From 300 to 500 years. The evidence of volunteers simply knocks down official historians. For example, these volunteers say that the Renaissance and Ancient Rome are the same time. They say that ancient Rome was invented by historians, and many faces of the so-called Renaissance were transferred to antiquity to hide crimes against Christians.

For example:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1q6aCiqzfLc

Try subtitles and allow English translation.

Although, a Christian should listen carefully to Jehovah, not to conspiracy theorists and alternative historians, in any case, it is nice that this has silenced the evil apostates (from Ex-JWs number). Now they no longer have the opportunity to say that Christ is gone for 2000 years, and that Christians are guilty of many sins of the so-called Middle Ages.

Marina

#6 Post by Marina » 2 months ago

Hi Strazh

WOW - I am stunned. It never occurred to me that history SINCE Jesus came to the earth might have been changed.

This period of the 1800s - it follows the French Revolution. And Napoleon tried to take Russia.

Napoleon gave more power to a certain type of person. I hesitate to use the word Jew because Jesus and the disciples were Jewish and no attack on the faithful descendants of Abraham is meant. Jews like Daniel, Ezekiel, Jeremiah, Matthew, Mark, Luke and John are fine examples to all of us and they were Jewish.

But some opposed to Jesus Christ got in with Napoleon and in Russia and in America there is this movement towards a new age of some sort of freedom. But not the freedom that comes from Christianity.

For many years now I have examined history to see how and where Jesus was taken out of history. For when the history of Rome is taught in British schools, Jesus Christ is not mentioned at all (or not much). But how can you have the history of Rome without Jesus Christ?

In my research on this subject the name Gibbon stood out. Gibbon wrote The Decline and Fall of the Roman Empire. He did not render a fair account of Christianity in his book. He was in with Madam de Stael. She was the daughter of Necker. Necker was involved with the finances of France and his daughter, Madam de Stael came to England where there was an odd relationship between her and the British poet Lord Byron.

The Decemberists in Russia were influenced by the poems of both Lord Byron and Pushkin.

I think Madam de Stael wanted to marry Gibbon but he did not want her.

I could write more - but I have mention some names there - Bryon, Pushkin, Gibbon, De Stael, Napoleon. I could mention two more - Voltaire and Jefferson.

Then there are these stories of Ossian that affect them all. The stories of Ossian and like Homer's Illiad - so we get back to the Greek myths - they are like an early version of Marvel Comics or Hollywood movies.

The Ossian stories also influence the Thule Society who were associated with Hitler's Nazi's.

When people in high places take seriously silly fairy stories it is perfectly possible that history is messed around with. But like I said, I have never heard of history since Jesus' time being played around with. But I can see it is possible. Thank you for the video link. I will watch it later. I had to write this first.

Because so much research needs to be done to lay history out to examine it, myself and a brother are trying to work on at least some areas of history. We have just set up this website. It is not working properly yet because I only put it up a few days ago. But if I give you the link, you will know where it is and you can watch us build it.

He has started by writing this article showing why he considers the earth was created in 6 literal days.

www.understandtheword.com

When I have worked out how to do it I hope to put up a timeline dealing with a central part of history from the 1st year of Cyrus to the setting up of the altar when the Jews returned to Jerusalem from Babylon.

:sheep:
Marina

Marina

#7 Post by Marina » 2 months ago

Ah I think I understand better now - there are people in Russia who are saying crazy things about time which attack Christianity - have I understood correctly?

I watched the video but could not understand it very well - even with subtitles turned on. Is the man saying 1000 years have been removed from history after Jesus came to the earth?

Then some of the commentators are saying he is a crazy - here's one quote
Christianity appeared in Russia earlier than in the whole world)) And the Slovians also used the Jewish calendar and not the Slavic
And someone else says
You are a Russian schizophrenic. And not a historian. Rome was founded by the ancestors of modern Romanians after the fall of Thrace from the attack of the Hellenes. And part of the Latins from ancient Thrace moved to the Apennines on the banks of the Tiber River and founded the city of the state ROMA. Part remained in the Balkans and now the descendants of the Thracians are Latins.
It is difficult for me to understand. Have I understood properly? Is this a widespread belief in Russia?

When you examine how God inspired the Bible to be written, he did not use dates. Therefore it is written in a way that prevents you taking out part of history. For example you cannot have Enosh existing unless Seth existed. Seth cannot have existed unless Adam existed. In this way events and ranges of time provide the timeline, not dates. It is very simple but it is very brilliant.

(Genesis 5:3-8) . . .And Adam lived on for a hundred and thirty years. Then he became father to a son in his likeness, in his image, and called his name Seth. 4 And the days of Adam after his fathering Seth came to be eight hundred years. Meanwhile he became father to sons and daughters. 5 So all the days of Adam that he lived amounted to nine hundred and thirty years and he died. 6 And Seth lived on for a hundred and five years. Then he became father to E′nosh. 7 And after his fathering E′nosh Seth continued to live eight hundred and seven years. Meanwhile he became father to sons and daughters. 8 So all the days of Seth amounted to nine hundred and twelve years and he died.
Marina

menrov

#8 Post by menrov » 2 months ago

Marina said:
When you examine how God inspired the Bible to be written, he did not use dates. Therefore it is written in a way that prevents you taking out part of history. For example you cannot have Enosh existing unless Seth existed. Seth cannot have existed unless Adam existed. In this way events and ranges of time provide the timeline, not dates. It is very simple but it is very brilliant.
This is only true for someone who believes the bible was inspired and all contents is true. But for someone who does not believe that, other things are "true".
Not Adam and Eve but some other beginning of human life etc.

Problem with the bible is that all is based on "faith or believe" in a high, almighty but invisible and untouchable force to be the source of everything and made known to men by men.
Problem with science is that they frequently develop and present views as truth though it is based on tangible but often small or limited experiments. I.e. if the experiment or test is true, then the same must be true for other similar situations.

I can see that Scientism or Science will not solve or improve morality. However, I can also see that religion does not either.

Marina

#9 Post by Marina » 2 months ago

Hi Menrov - Whether you believe the Bible or not the manner in which the Bible counts time or establishes timelines is stunning. You have no need of any religious faith to know that 2 is 2. Or 3 is 3.

The fact that the details (ie the numbers) come from the Bible is what you have an issue with. That is a separate matter for you to resolve. But the arithmetic is still stunning and brilliant.

My next video in the Maths Virus series is in production. Math Virus 3 will build on the two other videos (already out - see below) and demonstrate (as clearly as I know how) how this amazing simple arithmetic works. It is as if God has built in an antivirus to the Bible to stop history being messed around with. This also places Jesus Christ exactly where He ought to be, at the very centre of history. God has done this, not man.

Although you may not believe in God, for the arithmetic to work throughout the Bible (which it does) Adam has to have had a 24 hour period (a day) from which his age can be calculated. A reason to view creation as valid and the day of Adam's creation to be 24 hours long. A big subject I know and one you may have no interest in but if you do, here is a well researched article by Tadua.

“Yôm”and The Creation Account of Genesis 1:1 to Genesis 2:4

(1 Corinthians 15:45)
Marina

menrov

#10 Post by menrov » 2 months ago

The fact that the details (ie the numbers) come from the Bible is what you have an issue with.
It is not the first time that I am either misunderstood or people believe to understand what my issue is :D

The videos are nice. Nevertheless, 1914 in my view is actually not a topic found the bible and only has become a key year by the early bible students. If you 'd be raised as a Catholic or reformist, 1914 would not be of any importance (other than that another war started).
It is as if God has built in an antivirus to the Bible to stop history being messed around with
Not sure what you mean with MESSING WITH HISTORY in the bible. Whether it is the events or other stories and years mentioned in the bible, it is up to the reader to interpret and use the contents. Even if the WT was able to develop a calculation which results in 1914, it would be useless as 1914 is not a year of importance in the bible. If it was, it would be clear to all genuine bible readers.
Adam has to have had a 24 hour period (a day) from which his age can be calculated. A reason to view creation as valid and the day of Adam's creation to be 24 hours long.
Because a day has 24 hours, the creation story in the bible is true???
Although you may not believe in God
Anyway, the fact that someone does have some doubts about authenticity of the bible, does not mean that person does not believe in a creator or in a god. Even Romans chapter 1 indicates one does not need written words to believe in a god.

My simple point was: the bible as we have it, is made by man. Whether one believes all is inspired and actually the words from God, there is no proof. We only know that all scriptures were written by man, translated many times by men and all these men had a different objective, living in a different culture and under different governments or rulers.
Science is try to explain things unknown. Make the intangible tangible. Also all by man, and same conditions as bible writers. No, scientists do not claim to be inspired but try to their authenticity via their (repeatable) experiments.