Toilet Paper

Forum rules
Matt 18:6; Eccl 7:9; 1 Pet 4:8 (If you're not sure what they say then please hover over them with your mouse or look them up in your own Bible before posting)
Marina

Toilet Paper

#1 Post by Marina » 1 year ago

There is a run on toilet paper. Are you running out in your area?

People see others on the media buying toilet paper and they rush out to buy. But with a little lateral thinking they could find an alternative.

The Romans used a sea sponge on a long stick. If all the world changed to that, the toilet paper industry could go down the pan. Maybe that will be the lasting legacy of the coronavirus.
Marina

lynchpin

Re: Toilet Paper

#2 Post by lynchpin » 1 year ago

Panic buying by hoards of people have stripped shelves of toilet rolls here. It's like gold if one gets a packet 8-) Same goes for tissue boxes.

Maybe people will cut up newspaper into squares to place on a nail and then use? This would cause millions of toilets to seize up of course. :!:

Panic caused by Fear is the big problem everywhere now as this is worse than Covid-19 virus itself.

City dwellers here in Australia are hiring buses and vans to travel out to rural areas and greedily strip out essentials (meat is the favourite now) without concern for anyone else.

Stranger

#3 Post by Stranger » 1 year ago

lynchpin wrote:
1 year ago
City dwellers here in Australia are hiring buses and vans to travel out to rural areas and greedily strip out essentials (meat is the favourite now) without concern for anyone else.

Hi lynchpyn,

Your scenario made me think of this clip, it has some eerie similarities you may find interesting.

At the 36 sec. mark you see some books that would immediately remind most of us of a Watchtower home library that so many of us would recognize from the past.

At the 59 sec. and 1:06 mark we see some dates that would correspond to the COVID19 breakout.

And at the 2:09 mark we see the reaction when the beef's advent has been safely delivered.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8pK4J4vAPuA

Stranger, (Acts 19:25)

Marina

#4 Post by Marina » 1 year ago

Hi Lynchpin

The people are starting to get nasty to the shop assistants. You talk about meat - I couldn't believe it - went in to a supermarket and all the chicken was gone. Plenty of fish but no chicken. I think the world is off for a barbeque.

Also the local Tescos supermarket will not be getting the lorries to bring anything except food. So no alcohol.

Oh and batteries are being scooped up as fast as they are being put on display and dog food.

I went out an panic bought some bananas. 5 of them. Ok one or two other things - but I held back from running off with all the soap. That was self control that was! :)

You know people are buying this stuff and selling it at inflated prices on Ebay!

Oh and other people who have been sane all their lives are kind of losing it with the panic.
Marina

Stranger

#5 Post by Stranger » 1 year ago

Marina wrote:
1 year ago
Oh and other people who have been sane all their lives are kind of losing it with the panic.
Hi Marina.

That's because they suffer from "disease" (without ease) too.

Stranger, (Ps 41:9)

Marina

#6 Post by Marina » 1 year ago

Hi Stranger - yes they forget Jesus' words and the many principles he taught and go into melt-down. Words such as:-

(Matthew 6:25-27) 25 “On this account I say to YOU: Stop being anxious about YOUR souls as to what YOU will eat or what YOU will drink, or about YOUR bodies as to what YOU will wear. Does not the soul mean more than food and the body than clothing? 26 Observe intently the birds of heaven, because they do not sow seed or reap or gather into storehouses; still YOUR heavenly Father feeds them. Are YOU not worth more than they are? 27 Who of YOU by being anxious can add one cubit to his life span?

(Luke 12:15-21) . . .Then he said to them: “Keep YOUR eyes open and guard against every sort of covetousness, because even when a person has an abundance his life does not result from the things he possesses.” 16 With that he spoke an illustration to them, saying: “The land of a certain rich man produced well. 17 Consequently he began reasoning within himself, saying, ‘What shall I do, now that I have nowhere to gather my crops?’ 18 So he said, ‘I will do this: I will tear down my storehouses and build bigger ones, and there I will gather all my grain and all my good things; 19 and I will say to my soul: “Soul, you have many good things laid up for many years; take your ease, eat, drink, enjoy yourself.”’ 20 But God said to him, ‘Unreasonable one, this night they are demanding your soul from you. Who, then, is to have the things you stored up?’ 21 So it goes with the man that lays up treasure for himself but is not rich toward God.. . .
Marina

lynchpin

#7 Post by lynchpin » 1 year ago

Hi Marina and Stranger,

Yes, sane people are steadily losing their grip in this crisis. No one can 'add one cubit to one's life span' with anxiety. Wise truthful words from Jesus.

I viewed the video clip and recall this movie 'Soylent Green' way way back and it's shock ending as to the source of the meat supply - horrifying :shock:

Re the dates on the book cover; back in the time of seeing that 2019 date on front of book in 1973, it was too far ahead to be considered a reality. However, at this time looking back, how time has flown and now in 2020 we are in similar circumstances re over population and climate change. Hollywood movie makers have the uncanny knack of projecting through time to our discomfort. It did give me that eerie feeling.

Our PM, Scott Morrison, made the announcement yesterday of how disgusted he is at seeing people greedily panic buying and it has to cease.
Supermarkets can have security asking each person to show ID before they gain entrance to buy. ID required to ensure the person is a local and not from the city or any other place to prevent stripping out stock.

Keep calm :grouphug:

Daniel12

#8 Post by Daniel12 » 1 year ago

Went to the local sams club today and there was no food----Nothing! No meat, chicken, hot dogs, no can food, no dry food, no pet food, no oil, nothing.

Plenty of non food items like mattress, dishes, clothes, chairs, radios, tvs, computers, but no food. Now there are lines waiting for the delivery trucks and I guess they are going to have to hire security to keep people away from attacking the huge delivery trucks.

Hope it cools down in a week or two.

Bruno

#9 Post by Bruno » 1 year ago

Someone actually had a good idea to help protect toilet paper stocks. It was a nice try :)

Karl

Daniel12

#10 Post by Daniel12 » 1 year ago

Bruno »
Someone actually had a good idea to help protect toilet paper stocks. It was a nice try :)

That made me laugh :lol:

Never underestimate the unpredictability of HUMANS :evil: :D