Just Good News from around the world

Forum rules
Matt 18:6; Eccl 7:9; 1 Pet 4:8 (If you're not sure what they say then please hover over them with your mouse or look them up in your own Bible before posting)
Daniel12

Re: Just Good News from around the world

#71 Post by Daniel12 » 1 year ago

Hi everyone!

Just wanted to wish you all a Merry Christmas and a Happy New year!

Have a few days off so I decided to visit the site and see what’s going on.

Quote;
My point is.....Christmas is NOT a true teaching, but a blatantly Pagan one. Where does the bishop come from??? The great whore herself. I don't see that any true believer would ever want to be contaminated with that.
WOW! :?

You know this reminded me of how the Watchtower got started. At first Charles Russell and all the bible students celebrated Christmas and birthdays. Then the judge Rutherford took over and little by little he started labeling all the holidays and special days that humans have been celebrating for centuries as PAGAN! :evil:

Before anyone realized it, Christmas, birthdays, mother’s day, father, day, toasting glasses and everything that came up into this man’s (Rutherford) imagination became a crime worthy of disfellowshipping and shunning by the other members.

Talk about loving your brother and sister---shunning------really, that's an act of love? :doh:

As a result, we now have the fully evolved Watchtower Bible and Tract Society that “Paganizes just about everything you can think of. 🍸🎂🎃🎄💎🎵📕📅🇺🇸🇮🇹🌞🌝💐👠🎭🕺💏👨‍👨‍👦‍👦🧙🎅

I’ve always wondered that if God hates all these events so much, why doesn’t he personally do something about it?

Why does He “supposedly” always uses some human, that actually no one knows, or very few, to point out all the wrongs of human conduct that God Hates!

Is God not up to the task of telling humans what celebrations are wrong or right? Is He perhaps too busy doing something else?

(1 Kings 18:27) Around noon Eliyahu began ridiculing them: “Shout louder! After all, he’s a god, isn’t he? Maybe he’s daydreaming, or he’s on the potty, or he’s away on a trip. Maybe he’s asleep, and you have to wake him up.”

You know, sometimes exjws can’t seem to get the Watchtower out of their minds and they seem to revert back to the same teachings and become a slave of men all over again.

(Galatians 4:8-11) 8 Nevertheless, when YOU did not know God, then it was that YOU slaved for those who by nature are not gods. 9 But now that YOU have come to know God, or rather now that YOU have come to be known by God, how is it that YOU are turning back again to the weak and beggarly elementary things and want to slave for them over again? 10 YOU are scrupulously observing days and months and seasons and years. 11 I fear for YOU, that somehow I have toiled to no purpose respecting YOU.

I’ve heard other Christians say that Christ called men and women to freedom. And if this is the case, why fall to slavery of men’s teachings all over again labeling all sorts of things as offensive to God?.

2 Corinthians 3:16-18
17 Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty (emancipation from bondage, freedom). :D 🍸🍻🍷🍕🍔🎂🏃🏃‍♀️

Anyway, here is nice story of a A homeless man’s Christmas wish that inspires offers of help from Christians, Non-Christians, Muslims and others. If Christmas inspires people to do good to their neighbor, why would God destroy them just because the holiday is considered pagan?

(Mark 12:31) You must love your neighbor as yourself.’ There is no other commandment greater than these.. . .

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/did-h ... ar-BBYn97a

Stranger

#72 Post by Stranger » 1 year ago

Thanks Daniel,

I appreciate you checking in, just last night while I was walking the dogs, I thought about you and was wondering where you have been. :)

I'm glad to hear you are doing okay.
Daniel12 wrote:
1 year ago
You know, sometimes exjws can’t seem to get the Watchtower out of their minds and they seem to revert back to the same teachings and become a slave of men all over again.
How true this is, I witness it all the time. It seems like when this happens they are usually backed into a corner with no place to go, mostly because they don't trust Christ enough, pretty much like the 50%ers club that Marina is uncovering. They want half of it to be right and damn the other half.

Some are too afraid to let their own spirit be their guide.

Stranger, (Gal 5:18)

Bruno

#73 Post by Bruno » 1 year ago

Daniel12 wrote:
1 year ago
Hi everyone!

Just wanted to wish you all a Merry Christmas and a Happy New year!
Hi Daniel :D

This year for Christmas I've been handing out the best kind of gift anyone could ever receive, "knowledge"

Everyone in my family got a YouTube video especially chosen for them.

As I know you like cats here's a little present from me to you :)

https://youtu.be/oH2NahLjx-Y
Karl

menrov

#74 Post by menrov » 1 year ago

:-), Christmas is not a religion. It is just a practice that focuses on Jesus. All religion is bad for people as all want to control people. There is not one type of religion that is good for all people. So, in that sense, the practices of any religion is wrong. The memorial of the WT is wrong and disgraceful.
If Christmas does make people more peace loving, look more after the meek and they also somehow hear about Jesus......I do not see how this can be worse than what the criminal did who hang beside Jesus.

Marina

#75 Post by Marina » 1 year ago

Christmas is for the economy. Every household has to be managed to make it work. There has to be co-operation. Christmas is part of a of fairly reliable pattern of statistics. Prince Albert said that the new religion would be Statistics. Now what is it they say? There are lies, damn lies and there are statistics.

Watchtower is good at stats.

How to make more of Christmas. Get more people to celebrate it then they become more predicable. How do you do that? Ah! Idea. Get people to recognise Jesus was born in the Autumn and change its date to Halloween/Black Friday time. Then you've got one time in the year globally when they are off spending lots of money, some services fall of in frequency and holidays are had.

Watchtower is good at educating people that Jesus' birthday would not have been in December.

Religions control - ok? Schedules control too, just like a train timetable.

Wonder if Bowie ever studied? He recorded this song in 1971.

Marina

Bruno

#76 Post by Bruno » 1 year ago

This old lady received some timely good news.

https://www.instagram.com/tv/B90S0G-AM5A/
Karl

Bruno

#77 Post by Bruno » 9 months ago

Karl

Stranger

#78 Post by Stranger » 9 months ago

Hi Bruno, :)

Nothing like the Heart of a white tail Buck deer.

Is that a red tail Hawk I see sittin on a Limb back yonder way?

Stranger, (Job 39:26)?

Bruno

#79 Post by Bruno » 9 months ago

Stranger wrote:
9 months ago
Hi Bruno, :)

Nothing like the Heart of a white tail Buck deer.

Is that a red tail Hawk I see sittin on a Limb back yonder way?

Stranger, (Job 39:26)?
You've got a good sight on that rifle Stranger :)
Karl

Stranger

#80 Post by Stranger » 9 months ago

Bruno wrote:
9 months ago
You've got a good sight on that rifle Stranger
I'd have to be starving to death to pull the trigger Bruno, but right now I'm fat and happy. (John 6:35)

Stranger, :wave: