Just Good News from around the world

Forum rules
Matt 18:6; Eccl 7:9; 1 Pet 4:8 (If you're not sure what they say then please hover over them with your mouse or look them up in your own Bible before posting)

Bobcat

Re: Just Good News from around the world

#62 Post by Bobcat » 1 year ago

Here was some research I did on the star. The 1st post in that thread also has more.

Personally, my vote would be on something only the magi could see. And only between Jerusalem and Bethlehem. They told Joseph and Mary about it. Jesus hears about it growing up. Matthew hears about it while traveling with Jesus (around the campfire one evening). And Matthew passes it on to us. (Mt 2:9-10)

Bobcat

AmosAu3

#63 Post by AmosAu3 » 1 year ago

Hi Bruno,

Sorry but I have to say it; why bring an extremely pagan celebration that has it's origins in ancient Babylon to the forum?

There is absolutely nothing scriptural about christmass, it's totally pagan from start to finish.

Amos.

Bruno

#64 Post by Bruno » 1 year ago

AmosAu3 wrote:
1 year ago
Hi Bruno,

Sorry but I have to say it; why bring an extremely pagan celebration that has it's origins in ancient Babylon to the forum?

There is absolutely nothing scriptural about christmass, it's totally pagan from start to finish.

Amos.
Hi Amos,

Although it has pagan connections I like to focus on the merry Christ aspect of Christmas. The bishop had a nice and very relevant message to share about the birth of Jesus and How it would knit creation back together.
Christmas provides an opportunity to talk to people about knitting :)

22Then Paul stood up before the Areopagus and said, “Men of Athens, I see that in every way you are very religious. 23For as I walked around and examined your objects of worship, I even found an altar with the inscription: To an unknown God. Therefore what you worship as something unknown, I now proclaim to you.
Karl

AmosAu3

#65 Post by AmosAu3 » 1 year ago

Hi Bruno,

My point is.....Christmas is NOT a true teaching, but a blatantly Pagan one. Where does the bishop come from??? The great whore herself. I don't see that any true believer would ever want to be contaminated with that.

Regards, Amos.

Genesis

#66 Post by Genesis » 1 year ago

This may surprise some but I have come to view the Christmas celebration as something that has kept the memory and teachings of Christ alive.

Christmas is not about Zeus or any other pagan god. It is about Christ and as such it has helped to promulgate our Christian faith throughout the whole world.

Bruno

#67 Post by Bruno » 1 year ago

AmosAu3 wrote:
1 year ago
Hi Bruno,

My point is.....Christmas is NOT a true teaching, but a blatantly Pagan one. Where does the bishop come from??? The great whore herself. I don't see that any true believer would ever want to be contaminated with that.

Regards, Amos.
Hi Amos,

Christmas isn't a true teaching, but Christ is. We all read the same thing but often see something different or listen to the same thing and hear something different.
The bishop, who comes from the same place as the rest of us Romans 3:9, illustrates this really well in the video below. He calls it the interpretive key! It helps us all to understand what is being said.

John 8:43
Why do ye not understand my speech? even because ye cannot hear my word.
John 10:27
My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me.

https://youtu.be/U0gHG8RCq4Q

On a side note the bishop and what he preaches has been rejected by large sections of the Catholic Church.
Karl

AmosAu3

#68 Post by AmosAu3 » 1 year ago

Hi Bruno,

This is nothing short of ecumenism. This is another string in the bow of the vatican to unify the world religiously. This is directly opposed to the bible.

Rev 18:1 And after these things I saw another angel come down from heaven, having great power; and the earth was lightened with his glory. 2 And he cried mightily with a strong voice, saying, Babylon the great is fallen, is fallen, and is become the habitation of devils, and the hold of every foul spirit, and a cage of every unclean and hateful bird. 3 For all nations have drunk of the wine of the wrath of her fornication, and the kings of the earth have committed fornication with her, and the merchants of the earth are waxed rich through the abundance of her delicacies. 
Rev 18:4 And I heard another voice from heaven, saying, Come out of her, my people, that ye be not partakers of her sins, and that ye receive not of her plagues. 
Rev 18:5 For her sins have reached unto heaven, and God hath remembered her iniquities. 6 Reward her even as she rewarded you, and double unto her double according to her works: in the cup which she hath filled fill to her double. 

Why even recommend anything that proceeds from the enemy?

I'm sure that you don't really believe that the bishop has been alienated from Rome. If you do believe it, I'd recommend that you do some real & unbiased research into the various means that have been used by the Vatican against ALL other religions, since the Reformation in 1517. This is why most denominations are now accepting the ecumenical movement. I do know what I'm talking about, Bruno. I won't post much more about this, as it's far too serious & will draw the attention from unwanted sources.

This is a very real & serious situation that's now well along the road to completion.

If you are serious about your faith & the faith of others, please do the research. It's your choice.

Regards, Amos.

Stranger

#69 Post by Stranger » 1 year ago

Bruno wrote:
1 year ago

Hi Bruno,

Did you hear about the dyslexic devil worshiper?

He sold his soul to Santa.

Stranger

Bruno

#70 Post by Bruno » 1 year ago

Stranger wrote:
1 year ago
Bruno wrote:
1 year ago

Hi Bruno,

Did you hear about the dyslexic devil worshiper?

He sold his soul to Santa.

Stranger
Hi Stranger,

This reminds me of what Vox ratio said about how God uses his enemies strength against him.
AmosAu3 wrote:
1 year ago
Why even recommend anything that proceeds from the enemy?

I'm sure that you don't really believe that the bishop has been alienated from Rome. If you do believe it, I'd recommend that you do some real & unbiased research into the various means that have been used by the Vatican against ALL other religions, since the Reformation in 1517.
Vox said,
"Now that suffering exists, I believe our "only wise" God knows how to work within its boundaries. There has been a complete inversion of power through Christ's death that stands as a testimony to how God continuously turns a world in opposition to himself upside down. Indeed, it would seem that God saves by using the world's greatest strengths against itself. For instance, just as he transformed what was once the most feared instrument of torture and death at Calvary into one emblematic of sacrifice and life, God has also turned the afflictions of unjust suffering into a cause for honour and glory to all who believe (cf. ‪2 Co. 4:17‬; ‪1 Pet. 1:7)"

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1249&start=150#p36262

The bishop hasn't been alienated from Rome he's just upset a lot of the more hard line Catholics.
Karl