Scientism - Religion without morality

Forum rules
Matt 18:6; Eccl 7:9; 1 Pet 4:8 (If you're not sure what they say then please hover over them with your mouse or look them up in your own Bible before posting)
Marina

Scientism - Religion without morality

#1 Post by Marina » 3 days ago

If you get a chance watch this right through it is very informative.

https://www.bitchute.com/video/7AST3gTS3seN/

It is the David Knight Show - put out 12/1/21

Video Title
NIH & FDA at the Center of Transhumanist Movement

Video's summary
FDA & NIH are at the center of the transhumanist / eugenicist movement. NIH Director Francis Collins, head of both human genome and human connectome project pushes a “Christian transhumanism” that seeks to sell the idea that man can become like God and live forever. Sound familiar?

I note
Scientism - thesis, antithesis, synthesis (egalitarian) he speaks of Trotsky at 21:54 at 23:36 he mentions Hegel 28:21 Moderna and the Vaccine 37:57 - like Heaven's Gate (laser port yourself to other galaxies)
Marina

Strazh

Re: Scientism - Religion without morality

#2 Post by Strazh » 2 days ago

If you have a wish, find and watch this movie in English:

Louis Theroux: My Scientology Movie

I was shocked after what I saw. It's as much brainwashing as the watchtower. Only the idol is different.
I don't speak English, so sorry for the mistakes and style.

Strazh

#3 Post by Strazh » 1 day ago

It's bad when you don't know the language to communicate. Sometimes you look stupid. :)
But if we talk about the topic, Scientism and Scientology are religions that have no future.
I don't speak English, so sorry for the mistakes and style.

Marina

#4 Post by Marina » 1 day ago

Hi Strazh

Don't worry about associating the words Scientism and Scientology. I have seen Louis Theroux program on Scientology or at least one of them. Scientology was founded by L Ron Hubbard, who was a science fiction writer like Marvel Comics stuff. If you compare Marvel Comic characters to the Greek myths you find similarities - the idea of a super hero.

Did you know that
In 1967 the UK's Labour Government, headed by Harold Wilson, banned Scientology in the UK.
In 1968 Scientology tried to take over Corfu using a former Irish passenger ferry.
In 1980, the UK's Conservative Government, headed by Margaret Thatcher changed the legislation on Scientology because she had two constituents who were Scientologists.
In 1997 BBC's Panorama did an expose of Scientology.

Regarding Scientism - the word is new to me but I liked David Knight's explanation of this whole subject.

The English word 'science' is a relatively new word. It was coined sometime around the 1800s to replace the concept of 'natural philosophy'. Since then science has become associated with the idea truth without Christianity. Like a different set of values and priorities based on experiment and measurement rather than the words of Jesus Christ.

So as you rightly say, Scientism and Scientology have no future. They are illusions.

:flowers:
Marina