Not Printing Money in US

Forum rules
Matt 18:6; Eccl 7:9; 1 Pet 4:8 (If you're not sure what they say then please hover over them with your mouse or look them up in your own Bible before posting)
Marina

Not Printing Money in US

#1 Post by Marina » 2 months ago

I'm seeing reports that in America they are not printing new paper currency. I think they have stopped making coins too. Can anyone in America confirm this? Please.
Marina

Stranger

Re: Not Printing Money in US

#2 Post by Stranger » 2 months ago

Marina wrote:
2 months ago
I'm seeing reports that in America they are not printing new paper currency. I think they have stopped making coins too. Can anyone in America confirm this? Please.
I cant confirm or deny but I can provide this link.

https://www.federalreserve.gov/payments ... orders.htm

Stranger

Marina

#3 Post by Marina » 2 months ago

Thank for the links to the site. I read this on that page, so now I'm thinking there wont be any problem getting cash in USA. They are only printing less because fewer notes are being destroyed prematurely and something to do with international use that I don't understand.
The Board’s FY 2020 order of 5.2 billion notes represents a decrease of 1.1 billion notes, or 18 percent, from the final FY 2019 order. Currency in circulation, which is the direct measure of demand for Federal Reserve Notes (FRNs), continues to increase year after year. The intentional use of accumulated unissued inventory explains much of the decrease in the order relative to FY 2019. In addition, policy and technology changes continue to result in fewer notes that are prematurely destroyed. The FY 2020 order does not include any $2 notes, as the FY 2019 order included the $2 notes needed to meet demand for multiple years.
Marina

Bobcat

#4 Post by Bobcat » 1 month ago

Hi Marina,

Many businesses in the USA have signs up saying that there is a coin shortage. This article explains why.

Off hand I don't know about the printing of dollars. Just taking a guess, I would imagine that the economic slowdown from the pandemic means that currency in circulation is used less, with subsequent less wear and tear, resulting in fewer requests from banks to replace worn out currency.

Bobcat