John Cedars on BBC

Forum rules
Matt 18:6; Eccl 7:9; 1 Pet 4:8 (If you're not sure what they say then please hover over them with your mouse or look them up in your own Bible before posting)
Orchid61

Re: John Cedars on BBC

#11 Post by Orchid61 » 1 month ago

There is this saying:

As parents you learn your children to speak.......
When you are old, your children learn you to be silent.

They say , they dont believe in God anymore, you gasp for air, look at them and think they compleetly lost it.

And it is not fair, when you try to do something about it, they hush you up.

A broken heart thats what you can get, after their one visit within a year, they leave you with a broken heart. Oh yes, the above saying is true, so true, the only thing I can do is pray for them as I do.

Love Maria 🌷

Bruno

#12 Post by Bruno » 1 month ago

apollos0fAlexandria wrote:
1 month ago
Bruno wrote:
1 month ago
I think most people who leave the jw religion are bound to end up either atheist or agnostic regardless of anything negative Cedars has to say about God.
Maybe. But I will say that, with one or two exceptions, every person that I personally know who has separated from JW.org has maintained some form of Christian belief. So I don't think it's necessary to assume a certain inevitability around this.

Apollos
Hi Apollos,

This doesn't surprise me, you've always kept exceedingly good company.

It's nice to hear your wisdom :D
Karl

Proselytiser of Jah

#13 Post by Proselytiser of Jah » 1 month ago

Orchid61 wrote:
1 month ago
There is this saying:

As parents you learn your children to speak.......
When you are old, your children learn you to be silent.

They say , they dont believe in God anymore, you gasp for air, look at them and think they compleetly lost it.

And it is not fair, when you try to do something about it, they hush you up.

A broken heart thats what you can get, after their one visit within a year, they leave you with a broken heart. Oh yes, the above saying is true, so true, the only thing I can do is pray for them as I do.

Love Maria 🌷
I'm so sorry Maria. My heart aches for you. If it's any comfort, Jesus taught us that the blind have no sin John 9:41 and in turn... 2 Corinthians 4:4

I am sure judgement will only come upon the wicked who refuse God out of hard heartedness and a desire for evil, not those who have fallen away in disbelief due to this world's overwhelming athiest society.

It was God who inspired the very words at Jude 1:22.
"The fruitage of the Spirit is; love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control..." Galatians 5:22-23

Orchid61

#14 Post by Orchid61 » 1 month ago

Thank you brother P.🌷