Holy Website!................Or not?

Forum rules
Matt 18:6; Eccl 7:9; 1 Pet 4:8 (If you're not sure what they say then please hover over them with your mouse or look them up in your own Bible before posting)
Stranger

Holy Website!................Or not?

#1 Post by Stranger » 1 year ago

Officially since 1989 the Translation Services Department's goal has been met very effectively, which was to accelerate Bible translation with computer technology.

JohnS wrote,
“I, Yahweh , shall speed it up in its own time, “ says one prophesy
So, what's going on with this coincidence?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DwNj4QdheKQ

Stranger, (1Pet 1:15 KJV)

Marina

Re: Holy Website!................Or not?

#2 Post by Marina » 1 year ago

Them speeding up their chariot is not the same as Jehovah speeding up His work.
Marina

Stranger

#3 Post by Stranger » 1 year ago

Marina wrote:
1 year ago
Them speeding up their chariot is not the same as Jehovah speeding up His work.
Hi Marina,

So in a sense they are speeding up their chariot to counteract Jehovah's work, one could say, or they are actually filling in as a look-alike impersonator. (Ps 7:14)

Stranger, (Mr 13:9)

Marina

#4 Post by Marina » 1 year ago

Oh yes true.

When I went to elder who had been very kind to me as a last attempt to get them to see reason before I took the password of my website, he, having called me irrational for saying I was certain that the 3rd year of Jehoiakim really was the 3rd year of Jehoiakim, handed me a magazine. I forget if it was the WT or Awake but what he highlighted was the number of languages it had been translated into. It was as if the counter argument to 'you've got the Bible wrong' was 'yes but look how many languages we have printed our lies in.'
Marina

Bobcat

#5 Post by Bobcat » 1 year ago

Hi Marina,
It was as if the counter argument to 'you've got the Bible wrong' was 'yes but look how many languages we have printed our lies in.'
That reminded me of an experience a few years ago at a convention. Some church people had been gathered at a strategic point by a bench close to the entrance of the arena. They were using a loud speaker and telling the JWs to look up Jn 8:24.

The next day a very large and heavy brother was sitting on the bench. He took up the whole bench. (It was like a bus pick-up point bench.) As I arrived at that crossing point I stopped to kid the brother. I told him I knew why he was sitting there. It was to block the street preachers from the day before. He denied it was the reason he was sitting there. I ignored his denial and told him they (the street preachers) were just doing what we do. His response was, 'But did you see how they were dressed?' (They were in casual clothes.)

I reckon some of this has to do with the cognitive dissonance produced by WT teaching/propaganda.

Bobcat

Marina

#6 Post by Marina » 1 year ago

Hi Bobcat - publishers are taught how to push stuff out of their minds and not think about it. I remember we used to be told:-

"If someone has told you the truth 99 times, when he tells you something else, although you may not understand it, you believe him because he has told you the truth so many times before."

I remember thinking that sounded perfectly reasonable until the penny dropped that the Devil is in the detail - ie the very bits you can't understand. It's so crafty.
Marina

Stranger

#7 Post by Stranger » 1 year ago

Marina wrote:
1 year ago
I remember thinking that sounded perfectly reasonable until the penny dropped that the Devil is in the detail - ie the very bits you can't understand. It's so crafty.
"I love it when I catch a quote that favors a Copy I wrote." ... (Stranger's coin):

Stranger wrote,
Cunning is just that. (Dan 8:25)

But, Policy is Policy!

Stranger, (Dan 8:25 KJV)

Stranger, (1Cor 14:22 KJV)

Marina

#8 Post by Marina » 1 year ago

If I understand what you are saying correctly, we're of the same mind on that one then Stranger.

What is Stranger's coin - do you mean a phrase you have coined?
Marina

Stranger

#9 Post by Stranger » 1 year ago

Marina wrote:
1 year ago
If I understand what you are saying correctly, we're of the same mind on that one then Stranger.

Hi Marina,

Yes, you know it correctly.

Marina wrote:
1 year ago
What is Stranger's coin - do you mean a phrase you have coined?

You are right on the money Marina.

On another 'note', I heard that the past couple of local zoom zooms were all about Armageddon and readying the flock for the destruction that's about to occur.

Sooner or later they are gonna be right about what they predict, but the first thought that came into my head was 1914,1919,1925, etc, etc, 1975! Now 2020 or 2021.

Stranger, (Matt 12:45)

Marina

#10 Post by Marina » 1 year ago

Stranger - if you redo the time, times and half a time calc and make 'times' 6, you get to 570 AD from 607 BCE. And who was born in 570? Oh Mohammed.

So if they go down that root of new light on 'times' - they'll never be right! They'll just shove Jesus and His Father right out the picture. And assuming they do that little trick, they'll ultimately get shoved right out the picture.
Marina