KH Ownership

Forum rules
Matt 18:6; Eccl 7:9; 1 Pet 4:8 (If you're not sure what they say then please hover over them with your mouse or look them up in your own Bible before posting)
Marina

KH Ownership

#1 Post by Marina » 1 year ago

On Thursday just gone, having prayed about it all week, my ex-cong voted to give up ownership of their KH which they bought, paid for and decorated several times with their own hands.

Now it's in the hands of the KH Trust - which means its possible their new landlord, could put the rent up - before these strangers they gave their property to, sell it and kick them out.
Marina

AmosAu3

Re: KH Ownership

#2 Post by AmosAu3 » 1 year ago

Hi Marina,

It's now a lost cause, giving ownership to others.

We went through this about 20 years ago in Australia.

The congregation I was in, at the time. were told (as were all others in AU) to hand over ownership to the Australia Branch. (I can't remember the exact designation) Our little congregation had bought the land and built their own Hall with local donations and labour. We decided as a congregation not to give OUR hall to the Branch. There were several letters between ourselves and the branch, with the final letter from them making it very clear that... we would no longer have the benefits of hall insurance, plus removal of several other benefits, IF we refused to sell.

The only appointed brother in the congregation an MS, took it upon himself to capitulate and accept the terms given by the Society.

Regards, Amos.

Marina

#3 Post by Marina » 1 year ago

Hi Amos - it took a little longer for them to do this in the UK then. I know at least one bro who will be upset that the congregation no longer own their own KH. But whether he'll leave is a different matter. He quietly binges on 'apostate' videos though.
Marina

AmosAu3

#4 Post by AmosAu3 » 1 year ago

Hi Marina,

I believe the KH handover in Australia came fairly soon after the USA began their takeovers. I think the USA began theirs late 1990's.

Regards, Amos.