What is a Jehovah's Witness?

Forum rules
Matt 18:6; Eccl 7:9; 1 Pet 4:8 (If you're not sure what they say then please hover over them with your mouse or look them up in your own Bible before posting)
Stranger

Re: What is a Jehovah's Witness?

#11 Post by Stranger » 11 months ago

AmosAu3 wrote:
11 months ago
Hi Genesis,

I think you should take a look into the real world! There are countless people who call themselves Christian who are extremely "antisemitic."

Living in the WTS, as most of us have done, insulates us from the rest of Christendom. You need to move around among others to get a better look at what other denominations believe.

Regards, Amos.
Amen Amos,

The sad truth for Genesis and the rest of the JW's is they think are the only Christians. (true Christians) :lol:
Now that's hilarious.

Stranger

Genesis

#12 Post by Genesis » 11 months ago

AmosAu3 wrote:
11 months ago
Genesis wrote:
11 months ago
Marina wrote:
11 months ago
Fair enough if you disagree. I am saying the POTENTIAL is there for semantic shift. I am not saying they have done it.

But they do spin words and play with meaning.
There is no evidence they will ever claim antisemitism they are Christians. Christians cannot claim antisemitism. You are stretching.

Genesis
Hi Genesis,

I think you should take a look into the real world! There are countless people who call themselves Christian who are extremely "antisemitic."

Living in the WTS, as most of us have done, insulates us from the rest of Christendom. You need to move around among others to get a better look at what other denominations believe.

Regards, Amos.
Amos, Marina was claiming the Witnesses would claim antisemitism AGAINST themselves.
The term 'Jehovah's Witness' has enough semantic shift in it that it can mean a Jew or a Christian or a publisher of the Watchtower.

Watchtower's mis-used of God's name could allow them to say, "we are being accused by apostates of child abuse. It is all lies and this is really anti-Semitism."

Genesis

AmosAu3

#13 Post by AmosAu3 » 11 months ago

Hi Stranger,

Yup, we agree again! :)

AmosAu3

#14 Post by AmosAu3 » 11 months ago

Hi Genesis,

You have completely misunderstood what both Marina and myself have been saying.

Please carefully and slowly re-read my reply to you.

Amos.

Genesis

#15 Post by Genesis » 11 months ago

AmosAu3 wrote:
11 months ago
Hi Genesis,

You have completely misunderstood what both Marina and myself have been saying.

Please carefully and slowly re-read my reply to you.

Amos.
Amos,

Please help me brother how should I understand:
Watchtower's mis-used of God's name could allow them to say, "we are being accused by apostates of child abuse. It is all lies and this is really anti-Semitism."

AmosAu3

#16 Post by AmosAu3 » 11 months ago

OH Genesis,

There must be a breakdown of the English language. You are not reading the relevant parts of each of the posts.

Like this one;
Marina wrote: ↑1 hour ago
Fair enough if you disagree. I am saying the POTENTIAL is there for semantic shift.

My question; have you misunderstood that Marina said, "antisemitic?" Where in fact she said, "semantic."

You quoted Marina as saying;
Christians cannot claim antisemitism. You are stretching.

This is why I said the following;
AmosAu3 wrote:
11 months ago

Hi Genesis,

Regards, Amos.
I hope this helps!

Genesis

#17 Post by Genesis » 11 months ago

AmosAu3 wrote:
11 months ago

My question; have you misunderstood that Marina said, "antisemitic?" Where in fact she said, "semantic."
Wow, I thought I could read my own native language but apparently not; perhaps my old age has gotten the best of me.
Antisemitism is NOT Semantic.

AmosAu3

#18 Post by AmosAu3 » 11 months ago

Hi Genesis,

Why have you twice now quoted the following;

I've not made any reference to this quote before. I believe that I understand what the quote is saying, BUT how is this relevant to the current discussion between us?
I realize that you or someone has said the WTS see themselves as replacing Israel, but was not aware that this had any bearing on this conversation.

BTW, I'll be gone for a few hours now, so will respond to you next time I'm online.

Regards, Amos.

Genesis

#19 Post by Genesis » 11 months ago

AmosAu3 wrote:
11 months ago
Hi Genesis,

Why have you twice now quoted the following;

I've not made any reference to this quote before. I believe that I understand what the quote is saying, BUT how is this relevant to the current discussion between us?
I realize that you or someone has said the WTS see themselves as replacing Israel, but was not aware that this had any bearing on this conversation.

BTW, I'll be gone for a few hours now, so will respond to you next time I'm online.

Regards, Amos.
Brother the quote is the genesis of my initial post on this subject. I will leave it there.

Health to you,
Genesis

AmosAu3

#20 Post by AmosAu3 » 11 months ago

Hi Genesis,

Thanks for telling me where the quote was from. Apart from what I've already said, I don't what else can be said.

Regards, Amos.