Too few brothers

Forum rules
Matt 18:6; Eccl 7:9; 1 Pet 4:8 (If you're not sure what they say then please hover over them with your mouse or look them up in your own Bible before posting)
Marina

Too few brothers

#1 Post by Marina » 1 year ago

Congregation in Hampshire experiencing such a shortfall in the number of baptised men attending, sisters are now having to pick up congregational duties such as carrying the mikes.
Marina

Stranger

Re: Too few brothers

#2 Post by Stranger » 1 year ago

Marina wrote:
1 year ago
Congregation in Hampshire experiencing such a shortfall in the number of baptised men attending, sisters are now having to pick up congregational duties such as carrying the mikes.
Hi Marina,

That's okay, all they need now is a miracle!

/www.youtube.com/watch?v=cAMLa5ZC-B4

Stranger

Marina

#3 Post by Marina » 1 year ago

Oh very good. :) That guy asking for the money looks like a CO.

Yes if they find someone's lost dog they be in quids in.

But they're pretty good at flinching dosh from old dears. Especially when you get the confused ones. You know the one who make a mistake writing out cheques and pop an extra 0 in where they didn't mean too. I guess if they did find someone's lost dog, they encourage the owner to double or even triple the reward money before they gave the dog back.

That said, it doesn't impress anyone and rather than attracting people and generating goodwill and a voluntary spirit, people stay away feeling sick to the core of their stomach at the corruption, hypocrisy and mercilessness. So maybe pioneer sisters will be giving talks soon. On reflection, no they'll just transmit from a central location. But, maybe pioneer sisters could do more admin work. I expect it'll have to be pioneers so as to encourage more sisters to pioneer to get the extra, extra, extra special privileges.
Marina

AmosAu3

#4 Post by AmosAu3 » 1 year ago

Hi Marina,

That's very interesting news.

Is it anything to do with "gender equality?" Perhaps the next move might be to make it a ladies only club.

Regards, Amos

Marina

#5 Post by Marina » 1 year ago

Hi Amos

No the men are way too important. I remember being told that it was such a shame I was not a man because I would have been made and elder very quickly. Not that I wanted to be made an elder and could easily see what an onerous task that was. Note, at that stage I did not realise what hypocrites and liars they were, or some, maybe most of them were.

You have to keep the women in as well because they are marriage bait. But the women are viewed as a subclass. I have been told that if a man commits adultery and his wife does no know, so long as he confesses to the elders, the wife never needs to know. They are horrible. The more you find out the more horrible they prove to be. And I say that because they profess to be Christians when they are self-evidently not. But I hold the hope they will change when eventually they become thoroughly ashamed of their abominable behaviour. :waiting:
Marina

AmosAu3

#6 Post by AmosAu3 » 1 year ago

Hi Marina,

Thanks for your reply.

I do agree with your comments regarding the husband committing adultery, re confessing to the elders & his wife not needing to know. Yes, it stinks. I have seen this happen several times here in AU. I've known of some elders who have committed adultery & not even losing their position as an elder.

In my case, it was my wife who committed adultery with the only elder in our congregation. I was not informed by any elder, though I did suspect that it had been going on for some time. I was away (for health reasons) when they had their committee meeting, I was still not told anything about this. It was a publisher, a sister, who told me about the meeting & disfellowshipping!

I brought the whole sordid ordeal up with our CO & he said to just forget it as the committee did things by the book. NOT LIKELY!!!

Regards, Amos.

Marina

#7 Post by Marina » 1 year ago

Wow Amos - I am so sorry.

And a similar thing happened in my old congregation. A woman (so called sister) had been committing adultery and got found out but not by her husband. Her husband wasn't told but the adultery continued. Then the husband found out. Then he found out that the elders had kept it secret from him the first time.

This man loved his wife and was ready to forgive her. She hated him and wanted rid of him, which was why she kept on committing adultery. This faithful brother was losing his mind with the deep emotional distress of it all. This poor chap had been in prison in Spain for the sake of Christian neutrality.

I stood at the back of our KH one day and watched as one of the elders (who later was involved in the so-called 'judicial' brought against me this year for sticking to the words of the prophet Daniel) said to this poor brother, "come on forget it, its only your wife. It's only your wife." The brother almost howled and left he KH. I couldn't believe what I was seeing. This was maybe around 1999/2000. I don't think I had written to the Society or was in touch with Ray Franz at the point when this happened.

Shortly after the poor brother rang me. To this day I don't know why he rang me. He poured out his heart and told me his wife was not what she appeared to be. He told me of her fits of anger. I didn't know what to say. I just listened.

Later, someone else sought to marry this woman. He got engaged but before the marriage took place he found out she was having an affair (with the same man she had committed adultery with in the beginning). So the marriage was called off and like the original husband, this man too left the KH. As he left (this was years later) he turned to me as he left and said EXACTLY the same words that the husband had said, "she is not what she appears to be."

One of these men was English, one was Spanish but both used the same phrase. Isn't that odd. It struck me.

So here I am disfellowshipped and what of she? She married the man she had been committing adultery with. He started studying and was given privileges. She remains a central part of that congregation, which I have nicknamed Tartarus.

She can cry at the drop of a hat. There is not one elder in Tartarus who does not have a soft spot for her. The poor English soul who was engaged to her described her as Puck.

Puck

Big hug to you Amos. I hate to think what you must have endured.
Marina

Stranger

#8 Post by Stranger » 1 year ago

AmosAu3 wrote:
1 year ago
In my case, it was my wife who committed adultery with the only elder in our congregation. I was not informed by any elder, though I did suspect that it had been going on for some time. I was away (for health reasons) when they had their committee meeting, I was still not told anything about this. It was a publisher, a sister, who told me about the meeting & disfellowshipping!

I brought the whole sordid ordeal up with our CO & he said to just forget it as the committee did things by the book. NOT LIKELY!!!

Regards, Amos.

Sorry to hear about this situation Amos,

Did she tell ya to give everything away or did she want to keep the stuff? There is a difference.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=YCyS7EsF-Vc

Stranger

AmosAu3

#9 Post by AmosAu3 » 1 year ago

Hi Stranger,

Thanks brother.

Well she wanted to get as much as she could, but it wasn't to be. I gave her more than she deserved.

King regards,

Amos.

AmosAu3

#10 Post by AmosAu3 » 1 year ago

Hi Marina,

Thanks so much for your kind words, I've just seen your reply.

Kind regards to you to my sister.

Amos.