Page 1 of 1

20,000 Rutherford record players made!

Posted: Wed Aug 21, 2019 7:46 pm
by Stranger

Re: 20,000 Rutherford record players made!

Posted: Wed Feb 05, 2020 3:45 am
by RR144
I use to have the phonograph and ALL the Society's records. Sold them all on eBay back in 2015

RR

Re: 20,000 Rutherford record players made!

Posted: Wed Feb 05, 2020 3:04 pm
by Stranger
RR144 wrote:
1 year ago
I use to have the phonograph and ALL the Society's records. Sold them all on eBay back in 2015

RR
Hi RR,

Did the phonograph still work? They look pretty durable.

Times have sure changed since then, back a couple of years ago this couple came to my door wielding a tablet or cell phone wanting to show me how bad the world is, I watched about 30 seconds of it and told them that I had just watched the news on television and that I didn't need to see it again. We didn't get into any Bible discussion and surprisingly they didn't try to place any magazines with me. I wished them a good day and told them to tell my brother in law hello for me, which is their elder, they have not been back since.


Stranger, (Mr 14:49)

Re: 20,000 Rutherford record players made!

Posted: Thu Feb 06, 2020 3:16 am
by RR144
Yeah, everything worked fine.

I remember a few years ago I saw Witnessing canvassing the area and one of them had a tablet, I thought "my how times have changed" Do you know if those are "special" watchtower tablets?

RR

Re: 20,000 Rutherford record players made!

Posted: Thu Feb 06, 2020 3:28 pm
by Stranger
RR144 wrote:
1 year ago
Do you know if those are "special" watchtower tablets?
I'm not 100% sure, but from what I understand they are just regular tablets that the flock purchases themselves and only become "special" after they download the WT's litter-a-tour (literature).

That's what they are locked and loaded with now to "fully accomplish their ministry", that's their 'full armor of God" they have decided to wield.

In my view, they would have fared much better by never becoming part of the "world" wide web, but they seen how much easy money they could make and they just couldn't stop themselves.


Stranger, (Mt 6:24)

Re: 20,000 Rutherford record players made!

Posted: Sun Feb 09, 2020 2:18 am
by RR144
Stranger wrote:
1 year ago
I'm not 100% sure, but from what I understand they are just regular tablets that the flock purchases themselves and only become "special" after they download the WT's litter-a-tour (literature).
I bet they have spyware so they can monitor what they do on their tablets :lol:

RR

Re: 20,000 Rutherford record players made!

Posted: Sun Feb 09, 2020 8:22 am
by Marina
Yes but they would not allowed to watch, even if they have spyware. The spies would wake up and leave.

However, I have heard of at least one international convention (recent) were you have to have a QR code to get in. Potentially they can track you round the stadium and make sure you are sitting in your seat, WHEN THE MUSIC STARTS, so you get into the right frame of mind to receive your spiritual food.

Re: 20,000 Rutherford record players made!

Posted: Sun Feb 09, 2020 11:29 am
by AmosAu3
Marina wrote:
1 year ago
Yes but they would not allowed to watch, even if they have spyware. The spies would wake up and leave.

However, I have heard of at least one international convention (recent) were you have to have a QR code to get in. Potentially they can track you round the stadium and make sure you are sitting in your seat, WHEN THE MUSIC STARTS, so you get into the right frame of mind to receive your spiritual food.
SS comes to mind, Marina.

Regards, Amos.