Canaries in the Coal Mines of Human Rights!

Forum rules
Matt 18:6; Eccl 7:9; 1 Pet 4:8 (If you're not sure what they say then please hover over them with your mouse or look them up in your own Bible before posting)
Stranger

Re: Canaries in the Coal Mines of Human Rights!

#11 Post by Stranger » 2 years ago

Bruno wrote,

Hi Stranger,

I see your computer knowledge is progressing in leaps and bounds :)

What the JWs achieved in fighting for freedom of speech and beliefs is commendable. What is hypocritical is that they don't respect these same principles when is comes to their own member's rights to free speech and beliefs. They come down very hard an anyone who expresses an opinion contrary to their own, or even asks too many questions about controversial subjects. They seek mercy for themselves but then show none to their own people, Matthew 18:23-35
Hi Bruno,

I would describe it more like hops and skips. :mrgreen:

What I'm wondering about now is why they (JW's) changed all the interesting terminology Russell used? (Mystic Babylon, Ancient Worthies, the four winds, all the truth, etc, etc.)

It seems as if they just want everyone to not remember Mystic Babylon, like it somehow got destroyed at some point in time.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=pbZf8GY1-Ag

Stranger,

apollos0fAlexandria

#12 Post by apollos0fAlexandria » 2 years ago

Stranger - Thanks for the thought provocations.

Daniel - Same also to you. The 1GB concept is kinda scary. I expect it can be counterbalanced to some extent with our extraordinary capacity as a species to process the data, but even so, if that figure is anywhere near true it's very humbling.

Bruno wrote:
2 years ago
What the JWs achieved in fighting for freedom of speech and beliefs is commendable. What is hypocritical is that they don't respect these same principles when is comes to their own member's rights to free speech and beliefs. They come down very hard an anyone who expresses an opinion contrary to their own, or even asks too many questions about controversial subjects. They seek mercy for themselves but then show none to their own people, Matthew 18:23-35
Bruno - you nailed it as always. Matthew 18 is so applicable. Rationalization and compartmentalization are strong players on this game of "why this doesn't apply to me".

Marina

#13 Post by Marina » 2 years ago

Hi Apollos, yes Bruno is so right.

Watch this video - it's talking about someone you know - oh its me and Christine. Yes, this lady reached out to us and explained that if you are disfellowshipped without going through the right process, it is possible violations of the government process and procedural law called “Due Process”.

I wrote my response to her, which you can find beneath the video. To make it easy for you I have written out the response below. But what I was pointing out is that the instructions written out in the Scriptures are for Christians to carry out, not a non-Christian organisation with false doctrine.
Hi – thank you for taking the time to put together the video. I appreciate it.

Let me draw attention to the fire-proof case I have brought again the Governing Body which rest ONLY on 7 key scriptures and elementary mathematics.

First, ask yourself this question – the 8th year OF HIS BEING KING mentioned 2 Kings 24:12 – is it the 8th year of Nebuchadnezzar or the 8th year of King Jehoiachin?

(2 Kings 24:12) . . .At length Je·hoi′a·chin the king of Judah went out to the king of Babylon, he with his mother and his servants and his princes and his court officials; and the king of Babylon got to take him in the eighth year of his being king.

A clue – King Jehoiachin only ruled for 3 months and 10 days. (2 Chronicles 36:9) (2 Kings 24:8)

But how many Jehovah’s Witnesses would know that?

The false 1914 doctrine rests on saying that the 8th year mentioned in 2 Kings 24:12 is the 8th year of King Jehoiachin of Judah. The whole power structure rests on that lie. You only need 7 key scriptures to knock that down and ironically this 1914 doctrine tumbles on Ezekiel 40:1 which is speaking about the 19th year of Nebuchadnezzar (the year the city fell) and the 14th year after it.
You speak about due process. There is a process to become one of Jehovah’s Witnesses and there should be one to leave. However, a number of questions come to my mind.

1) What is a Jehovah’s Witness?
2) The process to join is that you study, then come to an understanding. If you agree with that understanding you are asked a set of questions by elders to confirm your agreement.
3) But elders cannot change false doctrine and are powerless to stand up to the Governing Body. Therefore, later when you identify false doctrine, how can that be handled by the same process by which you came in?

The way I dealt with this was to lay out, for the Governing Body, in as fair and as scriptural a way as I could, a process.

1) I set up a website with all the necessary scriptures arranged clearly.
2) I password protected the site and gave them 3 months to get back to me.
3) I explained why only they, the Governing Body could deal with the matter and stated clearly that this must not be passed to any who could not alter doctrine. It appears they have abided by this. Even to the extent of not contacting my congregation elders.

This is how I put point 3 to them

“I am not asking for input or responses from brothers who cannot change doctrine, only those who can reason on the Seven Key Scriptures, together with the associated Explanation and Helpful Charts and do something about it.”

I receive no response, although my recorded delivery (signed for) letters (I sent several copies) did arrive in both UK and USA.

For more info – see these links on my website

http://olam30.co.uk/key/d11_way_forward.php

http://olam30.co.uk/key/d01_explanation.php

http://olam30.co.uk/key/d13_time_frame.php

http://olam30.co.uk/key/d12_contact.php
Marina

Daniel12

#14 Post by Daniel12 » 2 years ago

HI Apollos :)
The 1GB concept is kinda scary
I know I’m a little fanatical in the study of Psychology, so I read a lot of books on the subject because it intrigues me how we are able to conjure up all kinds of stories and imagine the unimaginable and sometimes, bring the unimaginable to life, with that little organ we possess in our body that is only 6 inches long and weighs about 3 pounds. :o

I am amazed that we all have this small organ called a brain, that has about 100 billion neurons (or nerve cells) and many more neuroglia (or glial cells) and each neuron may be connected to up to 10,000 other neurons, passing signals to each other via as many as 1,000 trillion synaptic connections, equivalent by some estimates to a computer with a 1 trillion bit per second processor.

And all it takes is one wrong “Connection” or “Misfire” or a “missing part” at birth, and wah-lah, you have a psychopath. :evil:

Many are not interested in the details on how the experiment was done to prove we humans can only hold 1 Gigabite of “Long term use able Memory” –(Not to be confused with “Memory Capacity” ) but actual long term memory that a person can use to assemble a complex thing and explain it thoroughly how it works.

In case you are interested;

Here is the study on long term “use-able”memory storage capacity in a human.

This study was done in 1980 by Thomas K. Landauer Professor Emeritus at the department of Psychology of the University of Colorado. He received his doctorate in 1960 from Harvard University, and also held academic appointments at Harvard, Dartmouth College, Stanford University and Princeton University. The books he wrote were “The trouble with computers, and Psychology; a Brief Overview.

Unfortunately Mr. Landauer died a few years ago and his 1 Gigabyte of Long term use-able memory capacity knowledge went with his brain when they buried him. :(

http://www.cs.colorado.edu/~mozer/Teach ... er1986.pdf

apollos0fAlexandria

#15 Post by apollos0fAlexandria » 2 years ago

Daniel12 wrote:
2 years ago
Unfortunately Mr. Landauer died a few years ago and his 1 Gigabyte of Long term use-able memory capacity knowledge went with his brain when they buried him. :(
Hi Daniel

And this is the conundrum isn't it? This is where the mind/body arguments of Sam Harris and others are hard to counter. If you can damage a portion of the brain and see an immediate effect in terms of what "mind" portion is lost then where is the conscious person located? Intuitively it feels like mind (and maybe soul) is a separate entity, and this it's attractive from a Christian perspective, but scientifically are we really just a 1GB memory card? (BTW, I know this is a gross oversimplification but just making a point).

Apollos

Stranger

#16 Post by Stranger » 2 years ago

Daniel wrote,
I know I’m a little fanatical in the study of Psychology, so I read a lot of books on the subject because it intrigues me how we are able to conjure up all kinds of stories and imagine the unimaginable and sometimes, bring the unimaginable to life, with that little organ we possess in our body that is only 6 inches long and weighs about 3 pounds. :o
Hi Dan,

Have you ever studied up on ph levels in the brain? I hear 7 is the magic number for clarity and neutrality.

I got a little experience with it from the swimming pools that I have owned.

A fully submerged brain shouldn't be that hard to keep at acceptable levels when properly monitored and maintained when you have the proper test equipment!
Just saying!

Stranger,(Pr 3:11)NWT

Stranger

#17 Post by Stranger » 2 years ago

Dan wrote,
I know I’m a little fanatical in the study of Psychology, so I read a lot of books on the subject because it intrigues me how we are able to conjure up all kinds of stories and imagine the unimaginable and sometimes, bring the unimaginable to life, with that little organ we possess in our body that is only 6 inches long and weighs about 3 pounds.
Hi Dan,

When you get your Masters 'Degree' as a psycologist*, you should have plenty of patients to care for, according to these guys.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=fUUdax5VFMQ

I wish you well at your endeavors (End of Verse), whoops I did it again!

All the best to you for trying! And doing, as long as it's your best!

Stranger, (James 4:8)

Daniel12

#18 Post by Daniel12 » 2 years ago

Hi Stranger
You said;
When you get your Masters 'Degree' as a psycologist*, you should have plenty of patients to care for, according to these guys.
It’s true that there would be plenty of “Patients” (customers) but for some reason the best careers don’t seem to be in areas of need like medicine and providing food. Instead the money seems to be in vain things like Gossip, makeup, entertainment, and writing fantasy stories. :?

Can you explain why that is so please! :shrug:

https://www.google.com/search?client=fi ... +net+worth

Stranger

#19 Post by Stranger » 2 years ago

Daniel wrote,
Can you explain why that is so please!
I sure can, in one word. '(Eminence)" and a song.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=5HTVMh7fur4

Stranger, Top of the morning to you!

Stranger

#20 Post by Stranger » 3 weeks ago

I was trying to figure out what "special talk" meant and came across this article.
https://www.texarkanagazette.com/news/t ... rl/864111/

Does anyone have a definition of "special talk", besides the general assumption of the C/O coming to town?

Stranger, (Jn 14:30 KJV)