WT org lauds Australia

Chat about anything you like here that doesn't fit under Bible Doctrines. Keep the subjects clean and refreshing to all.
Forum rules
Matt 18:6; Eccl 7:9; 1 Pet 4:8 (If you're not sure what they say then please hover over them with your mouse or look them up in your own Bible before posting)
Kosonen

WT org lauds Australia

#1 Post by Kosonen » 7 months ago

I found it encouraging that the WT organization is making a new film about Jesus in Australia. The theme is "The good news according to Jesus".
That was talked about at the 2021 annual meeting.

As a side note the Holy Scriptures say it better, not saying according to Jesus, but good news about Jesus Christ.

Acts 5:42 And every day in the temple and from house to house they continued without letup teaching and declaring the good news about the Christ, Jesus.

Mark 1:1 The beginning of the good news about Jesus Christ, the Son of God:

Back to what the wt org said about Australia at the annual meeting. They said Australia is very beautiful with untouched nature and very similar as should have been Israel when Jesus was on earth.

I am just looking for clues pointing to Australia as a place were we might soon be able to flee and gather before the attack of Gog.

Proselytiser of Jah

Re: WT org lauds Australia

#2 Post by Proselytiser of Jah » 7 months ago

Kosonen wrote: 7 months ago

I am just looking for clues pointing to Australia as a place were we might soon be able to flee and gather before the attack of Gog.
I'm not sure God will require us all to "flee to one location", there are Christians all over the world, and would need to travel via flights or other means. There are many open places, country, forests, fields, etc, across the world.

Of course, we may not need "physically flee" anywhere. Yehovah will be able to protect all Christians by the time of the end from Gog's attack, or anyone else's attacks during the Revelation events.

Interestingly, scriptures direct people to "stay in their interior rooms" in Isaiah 26:20 when God's wrath comes, which reminds me of when the angel of death passed over all the homes in Egypt smiting the firstborn, in contrast to "fleeing to the mountains", as Jesus instructed his disciples when the disgusting thing would attack Jerusalem. So, it will all depend on what direction it goes, and how events pan out.

Of course, if God instructs all his followers to "go somewhere specific" we will comply, and He will make arrangements to make it possible for us, no matter our limitations, or complications that seem impossible to deal with in men's eyes. But in the meantime, who knows what will actually happen, or "if" any of us will have to physically flee anywhere during that time.
"The fruitage of the Spirit is; love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control..." Galatians 5:22-23

Kosonen

#3 Post by Kosonen » 7 months ago

Proselytizer of Jah,
Thanks for your comment. You are right that fleeing to a single place on earth for all Christians is not required according to the Scriptures. Jesus specifically talking about the chosen, the anointed, told that they will be gathered from the four winds of the earth. So that means that the anointed will be spread around the world. And also people looking after the anointed according to Matthew 25. Those doing good to Jesus' brothers in the end time.

Matthew 24:31 And he will send out his angels with a great trumpet sound, and they will gather his chosen ones together from the four winds, from one extremity of the heavens to their other extremity.

But what about the symbolic woman in Revelation 12 that gets two large wings of an eagle and flies to a specific place to be fed there 1260 days according to Revelation 12:6? Or verse 14:

14 But the two wings of the great eagle were given to the woman, so that she might fly into the wilderness to her place, where she is to be fed for a time and times and half a time away from the face of the serpent.

Could Ezekiel 38 refer to the same place?

Interesting also that the first article of the Study Edition of the WT January 2022 deals entirely about a possible flight for Christians in the near future.

Additionally Jesus recommended to flee. Nothing wrong with that. Unfortunately, at the 2021 annual meeting, one of the GB members expressed negatively about brothers that want to flee, as cowards.
That is not exactly what Jesus said. And what is then the point with the new above mentioned WT article?

The world is going crazy, many governments are on the way to make it difficult for people who are against the emergency authorised so called vaccines. Despite the fact that the Nuremberg Code has prohibited forced medication since the second world war.

I am not surprised if the governments of the world will soon require some sort of a mark of the beast to be put on foreheads or on right hands of people.

What will we do then? Thinking about the fact that this will go on for at least 42 months as told in Revelation 13. Seems that we will have to flee somewhere to escape the mark of the beast. Some won't make it and will end as martyrs according to the Scriptures.

I am really hoping that Jesus will direct matters so we can flee to a remote spacious location in Australia. Australia is almost as big as the USA without Alaska or the whole Europe without Russia, but Australia has a population of only about 25 million people.

From the point of climate, Australia is not far from the conditions in India. So it is really odd that Australia has not developed such a great population as India.
Maybe Jehovah God has directed things so that before the attack of Gog many Jehovah's witnesses could flee there and that it would not be already overcrowded.

Proselytiser of Jah

#4 Post by Proselytiser of Jah » 7 months ago

The world is going crazy, many governments are on the way to make it difficult for people who are against the emergency authorised so called vaccines. Despite the fact that the Nuremberg Code has prohibited forced medication since the second world war.

I am not surprised if the governments of the world will soon require some sort of a mark of the beast to be put on foreheads or on right hands of people.

What will we do then? Thinking about the fact that this will go on for at least 42 months as told in Revelation 13. Seems that we will have to flee somewhere to escape the mark of the beast. Some won't make it and will end as martyrs according to the Scriptures.
I personally do not subscribe to the idea of the mark being a physical thing, and certainly not a vaccine, or money, or passports (and various other things which Christians in the past have been paranoid about being the "mark").

I believe it's spiritual in nature. That it represents "loyalty of the mind" and "deeds of the hand" just as the "mark on people's heads" from God is not a literal thing (and so we have a parallel). I feel the mark of the head and hand represents loyalty in a person's mind to the Beast, and is expressed via actions which will be against the laws of God.

I belive that the Beast will demand worship in trade for living (ie, food,shelter, life), and this may involve turning on religion as a whole, and world wide laws being put forth which may cause Christians to make a choice between staying loyal to God and Jesus, or giving that up in exchange for material comfort and physical safety. Aka "stop being Christian and we won't put you in prison, take your life, food, shelter, home, (etc), away". Many people will crumble under that kind of pressure if their faith is not strong enough to endure.

Ancient Rome and the Christian persecution I feel was an "echo" of this.

I feel this is one of the reasons why Jesus said "how difficult it will be for a rich man to enter the Kingdom", and how often he spoke about "leaving things behind". The less materialistic we are, the less we will have to give up, if that time comes.
"The fruitage of the Spirit is; love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control..." Galatians 5:22-23

Kosonen

#5 Post by Kosonen » 7 months ago

Proselytiser pf Jah, I see we agree that persecution is coming for Christians. Are you making any plans for flight already?

Proselytiser of Jah

#6 Post by Proselytiser of Jah » 7 months ago

Kosonen wrote: 7 months ago Proselytiser pf Jah, I see we agree that persecution is coming for Christians. Are you making any plans for flight already?
No, I merely worship faithfully and see what happens at the time. I am also homebound due to some conditions (not physical). However, if God wishes me to flee, I shall flee and trust in him to enable me to do so. If he wants me to stay put, then I will stay put. I don't wish to live in paranoia or alike. It might not even happen in our lifetime, though it's not impossible, for who knows when the time is.

But I only will start putting up an umbrella when it starts to rain. I am sure when that time comes, Yah will provide :)

Illusive

#7 Post by Illusive » 7 months ago

Proselytiser of Jah wrote: 7 months ago

I believe it's spiritual in nature. That it represents "loyalty of the mind" and "deeds of the hand" just as the "mark on people's heads" from God is not a literal thing (and so we have a parallel). I feel the mark of the head and hand represents loyalty in a person's mind to the Beast, and is expressed via actions which will be against the laws of God.
The Ancient Church Fathers thought the same.

Here is a quote from St Hippolytus of Rome's commentary on the mark of the beast.

"...we say that perhaps the scription of this same seal will give us the word "I deny". For even in recent days, by means of his ministers—that is to say, the idolaters—that bitter adversary took up the word deny, when the lawless pressed upon the witnesses of Christ, with the adjuration, “Deny thy God, the crucified One.” Of such kind, in the time of that hater of all good, will be the seal, the tenor of which will be this: I deny the Maker of heaven and earth, I deny the baptism, I deny my (former) service, and attach myself to thee, and I believe in thee. For this is what the prophets Enoch and Elias will preach: Believe not the enemy who is to come and be seen; for he is an adversary and corrupter and son of perdition, and deceives you"

-A Discourse by the Most Blessed Hippolytus, Bishop and Martyr, on the End of the World, and on Antichrist, and on the Second Coming of Our Lord Jesus Christ
Latin Catholic. Professional Super-Villain. Founder of Cerberus. Follower of the Shepherd who is the savior of humanity. Dank meme enjoyer

Theme song: https://youtu.be/PnuSL7oUimA

Contact me on Discord - The Illusive Man#5157

Kosonen

#8 Post by Kosonen » 7 months ago

Proselytiser of Jah wrote: 7 months ago

Interestingly, scriptures direct people to "stay in their interior rooms" in Isaiah 26:20 when God's wrath comes,

Of course, if God instructs all his followers to "go somewhere specific" we will comply,
Yes, I have been meditating about Isaiah 26:20 too. Could it refer only to when Gog comes to attack? The difference being here is that fleeing to the wilderness according to Revelation 12 will happen at least 3 and half years prior to this.

And we might be waiting to get instructions where to flee from God. Or as WT writes, the organization could give strange instructions to follow.

But what if we already have all the instructions from God for the flight in the Bible?
I think about the general instructions Jesus gave to flee when we are persecuted in one place. God could just help us to locate a suitable place, not necessarily speaking with a voice but some how alert us about a good place for refuge.

Already in the Bible we can find some clues were to flee.
Ezekiel 38 speaks about a open rural country side, and it should logically be far away. Because how else could we be safe there? And Ezekiel 38 also says we will have a lot of gold and silver there. And the original text also says that we will have a lot of cattle there.
So that place should have those characteristics.
Also Ezekiel 38 says that in that place people lived before but abandoned it. And Ezekiel 38 also says the place will be like the navel of the earth.

A lot of that fit in my mind to Far North Queensland in Australia. About 100 years ago there were towns living from goldmining. But not any more. But the cattle industry is now the main industry there. Though in comparision a lot fewer people live there than about 100 years ago.

Proselytiser of Jah

#9 Post by Proselytiser of Jah » 7 months ago

Trying to reply, I'm getting the "GET" error.

AmosAU

#10 Post by AmosAU » 7 months ago

Hi Kosonen,

I generally agree with the replies to your OP.

I'd like to add that it is possible for different areas in the countries where true believers are, will be gathered together in groups. I don't subscribe to the church doctrine of the rapture. I see it quite differently, as per the previous sentence.

Another point is that I believe the prophecies concerning the end time, were initially fulfilled during the time of the Roman conquest of Jerusalem and Israel. I do also believe these were a forerunner or warning for our day. Due to globalism today, and the system we find ourselves in, it would be difficult to remove ourselves to a safe place that was secret. This would be almost impossible in the natural. This is where I see a full reliance on our relationship with our Heavenly Father is critically important.

HE is the only one who can keep us safe.

He is the only one that can bring His people together, in His own time.

Regards, Amos.