Colloidal Silver

Chat about anything you like here that doesn't fit under Bible Doctrines. Keep the subjects clean and refreshing to all.
Forum rules
Matt 18:6; Eccl 7:9; 1 Pet 4:8 (If you're not sure what they say then please hover over them with your mouse or look them up in your own Bible before posting)
Bobcat

Re: Colloidal Silver

#11 Post by Bobcat » 1 month ago

I appreciate those thoughts Amos. My research has shown quite an ancient history for it, including what you said about its use in drinking goblets of the well-to-do.

Apparently it started falling out of favor as an antibiotic in the earlier parts of the 20th century when modern antibiotics started to come into use.

There is a good bit about its use at EarthClinic.Com (specifically, here).

It is also interesting how simply asking about it elicits some strong opinions. I asked on another web site and got some views that reasoned on why not just use standard medicines. And others that swear by the stuff. All very curious as I had never heard anything at all about it until now.

I'll report more about it in a few days. But thanks again for weighing in on the subject.

Bobcat

Return to Natural Health

AmosAU

#12 Post by AmosAU » 1 month ago

Hi Bobcat,

There's so much that our ancestors knew about that has almost been lost today.

I expect that it takes a week or more for any benefit to be felt. Most (but not all) natural supplements often take up to 14 days to gain full strength in the body.

Another point that's not generally known is that we may have many years OR decades of breakdown in the body. This means that we need to go through a reversal of ill health before we can actually begin to feel better and start to regain good health. During a reversal of illness, we can often feel much worse. This is natural as the supplement we are taking will be removing the build up toxins from the body. Patience and perseverance is required, brother.

Pine needle tea is another good general tonic for the respiratory system, along with the usual garlic, turmeric and several other herbs. These really do work!

Regards, Amos.

Bobcat

#13 Post by Bobcat » 1 month ago

I appreciate those words Amos. I'll tell you more specifics in a few days. Some of what you just said hit the nail on the head.

Bobcat

Return to Natural Health

Kosonen

#14 Post by Kosonen » 1 month ago

I use my home made collodial silver when needed. Mostly I try to desinfect myself from viruses in the nose and throat or lungs. If I feel an infection is starting I spray collodial silver into my nostrils and throat and I try to inhale down into my lungs. It often saves me from getting sick. Last time I was sick with a viral infection was in February this year. Mean while many of my workmates and family members have been sick a few times.
This autum I started to take 4000 IU vitamine D each day and in addition once a week go to sun bed for 12 minutes to get vitamine D from the UVB light.
Last week my four children got fever and sour throat and cough. So in addition I have taken Echinaforce to boost my immune system. Hopefully I will stay well.

AmosAU

#15 Post by AmosAU » 1 month ago

Bobcat wrote: 1 month ago I appreciate those words Amos. I'll tell you more specifics in a few days. Some of what you just said hit the nail on the head.

Bobcat
I'm really glad that I've been able to help.

Kosonen's experience confirms what I've observed here myself.

An additional herb that is highly underated, but essential in the treatment of many types of infections is echinacea. This is an indispensible herb.

Regards, Amos.

Bobcat

#16 Post by Bobcat » 4 weeks ago

Any dosing recommendations for echinacea? Any preference for echinacea/goldenseal combination? or just echinacea by itself?

Thanks for letting me ply you with questions.

As an aside, I wonder if it would be helpful to have a Natural Health thread where all these kind of things could be lumped together and more easily accessible? (Done!)

And thank you Kosonen for your comments and experience.

Bobcat

Return to Natural Health

Kosonen

#17 Post by Kosonen » 4 weeks ago

You are welcome Bobcat!
Usually I pour about 1 cm or half of an inch of water in a drinking glass, and then I shake quickly down droplets of Echinaforce from the small bottle. I shake down droplets about about five times. If I meet coughfing people in public transport etc I often for boosting my immunity take twice a day a such amount of Echinaforce. But if I feel irritation in my throat, then I might take it every two hours.
Here in Sweden we have no mask mandates. And now in the winter there are a lot of coughfing people in the public transport. So no way to avoid viruses.

Marina

#18 Post by Marina » 4 weeks ago

Bobcat wrote: 1 month ago I am also a little surprised that Marina hasn't posted on this. She seems somewhat knowledgeable about alternative medicines.
Hi Bobcat only just see this thread. Never taken it. Only seen it sold. Always wondered what on earth it was.

Re metals in meds - yes I have done plenty of stats on silver dressings - but you know what - honey works better.

Sis in ex cong - husband did serious damage to his stomach and chest area via burn. I said to her straight off - put honey on it.

The massive, massive burn was not healing and the nurses were using silver dressings. I can understand why - expensive treatment but it was what they felt was best. But I kept saying to her - well use honey. Just try it. Super cheap. Smear it on, rinse it right off immediately. Do it in the shower.

Honey is water soluble and it gets rid of inflammation. When you are dealing with a wound that will not heal you need to get the pearly edges to settle down so the skin can bind. That's what honey does. It facilitates the healing process and it can be very, very fast.

So after some weeks and the sis and her husband suffering deep anxiety about the serious wound that was not healing with the silver dressing - eventually the nurses prescribed... honey. And the wound got better.

Other anti inflammatory things for skin - bicarbonate of soda (military used to use it a lot probably still do). Super cheap - want a good clean, chuck a couple of cups in your bath. If you have any cuts or nicks it'll help them heal.

Also Patchouli oil - amazing stuff. Stinks but mix with almond oil or other carrier oil for helping wounds heal. Very fast results. Can apply neat but go gentle - some oils used neat can cause a reaction.

Almond oil on its own is a lovely skin rub.

Now would you like me to tell you how to deal with ingrowing toe nails using a Dremel drill?

Oh an if you want clean bannisters make them of copper (I think) cause it is antibacterial - probably same with silver and I'm guessing if you put food on silver it doesn't turn into fungus so quick. Maybe that's how they knew it prevented infections. In old hospitals many things were made of copper cause it was hygienic. Guess Tubal-cain might have seen its properties.

(Genesis 4:19-22) . . .And Lamech proceeded to take two wives for himself. The name of the first was Adah and the name of the second was Zillah. 20 In time Adah gave birth to Jabal. He proved to be the founder of those who dwell in tents and have livestock. 21 And the name of his brother was Jubal. He proved to be the founder of all those who handle the harp and the pipe. 22 As for Zillah, she too gave birth to Tubal-cain, the forger of every sort of tool of copper and iron. . .

I guess Abraham knew a thing or two about silver.

(Genesis 13:2) And Abram was heavily stocked with herds and silver and gold.

As for eating metals - well there are zinc and iron tablet. Also I have even heard of people eating gold - that was a golden calf though. And it was a punishment.

When it comes to taking stuff for you health - do your research and don't take risks. Stay safe. If a company is distributing something but have said they have no liability for what happens to you, even if it is death, think twice before taking it. And if they insist you take it as an experiment, just don't take it. It's common sense. You are not supposed to put you life in jeopardy.
Marina

AmosAU

#19 Post by AmosAU » 4 weeks ago

Hi Bobcat,

Marina has given some good advice. Particularly to do research. I have several really good books on alternative meds and therapies.

Echinacea OR goldenseal? I've only ever had personal experience with echinacea. I believe they are both excellent, though do have some slight variation in effects on the body.

I'd also suggest NEVER to buy a cheap brand. If it's cheap, it probably doesn't have the stated ingredients, or the ingredients are not stabilised.

I buy a very good local brand where possible. The brand may vary depending on availabilty. I take the maximum dose recommended on the product. Depending on several circumstances, I double the dose rate, spliting in half, Morning and evening.

If taking vitamin D3, vitamin K2 is suggested. This helps in the absorbtion of the D. I have been taking 10,000 units of D3 during the current medical situation. I would normally take half this dose. Good medical authority says we can take up to 40,000 units daily. If we can get plenty of sun, this is better than any D supplement.

I hope this helps.

Regards, Amos.

Proselytiser of Jah

#20 Post by Proselytiser of Jah » 4 weeks ago

lol - he's proper 'smurfed it'
Did someone say SMURF?

Must be "DEMONIC"!
"The fruitage of the Spirit is; love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control..." Galatians 5:22-23