Colloidal Silver

Chat about anything you like here that doesn't fit under Bible Doctrines. Keep the subjects clean and refreshing to all.
Forum rules
Matt 18:6; Eccl 7:9; 1 Pet 4:8 (If you're not sure what they say then please hover over them with your mouse or look them up in your own Bible before posting)
Bobcat

Colloidal Silver

#1 Post by Bobcat » 7 months ago

I just wanted to use this thread to poll members here about the use of Colloidal Silver as an antibiotic and/or wound healing agent.

Any experiences, recommendations, or thoughts?

Bobcat

Return to Natural Health

FriendlyDoggo

Re: Colloidal Silver

#2 Post by FriendlyDoggo » 7 months ago

It is better not use it:
Supplements containing colloidal silver aren't considered safe or effective for any of the health claims manufacturers make. Silver has no known purpose in the body. It's not an essential mineral.

...no sound scientific studies evaluating these health claims have been published in reputable medical journals. In the U.S., the Food and Drug Administration and the Federal Trade Commission have taken action against several companies for making unproven health claims.

When taken by mouth, silver builds up in your body. Over months to years, this can result in a blue-gray discoloration of your skin, eyes, internal organs, nails and gums. Doctors call this argyria (ahr-JIR-e-uh). It's usually permanent. In rare cases, high doses of colloidal silver can cause serious side effects, such as seizures and organ damage.
https://www.mayoclinic.org/healthy-life ... lver/faq-2
In 2008 Paul Karason came on the Oprah Show and the entire world got to meet the ‘Blue Man’. Whereas the first shock was seeing him, the second one came when Mr. Karason revealed that he was the one responsible for his blue skin due to experimenting with a common home remedy.
https://historyofyesterday.com/the-uniq ... 3fdc19e6f2
My english isn't very good, sorry any inconvenience.

Kerry Huish

#3 Post by Kerry Huish » 7 months ago

FriendlyDoggo wrote: 7 months ago
In 2008 Paul Karason came on the Oprah Show and the entire world got to meet the ‘Blue Man’. Whereas the first shock was seeing him, the second one came when Mr. Karason revealed that he was the one responsible for his blue skin due to experimenting with a common home remedy.
https://historyofyesterday.com/the-uniq ... 3fdc19e6f2
lol - he's proper 'smurfed it'
PS!.jpeg
PS!.jpeg (78.01 KiB) Viewed 1302 times
PS.jpg
PS.jpg (86.48 KiB) Viewed 1302 times
Revelation 10:7 But in the days when the seventh angel is about to sound his trumpet, the mystery of God will be accomplished, just as he announced to his servants the prophets.”

FriendlyDoggo

#4 Post by FriendlyDoggo » 7 months ago

Kerry Huish wrote: 7 months ago lol - he's proper 'smurfed it'
Poor man. :lol: :lol: :lol:
My english isn't very good, sorry any inconvenience.

Bobcat

#5 Post by Bobcat » 7 months ago

According to one of the links above (regarding the man who turned himself blue):
In no time Paul started noticing the positive effects. He had a problem with acid reflux and in less than three days of taking the home remedy, it was gone.
and
Since he dabbed colloidal silver on cat scratches before and the effect was remarkable ...

This was one of the reasons I asked the question in this thread. I can understand that overuse of anything is problematic. (Drinking too much water is problematic.) But I was curious if there are possible short term benefits.

Standard antibiotics have shown themselves to be beneficial. But overuse of them (and/or failure to use them properly) has and is leading to major problems such as resistant bacteria (for example, MRSA).

So, thank you for what was posted so far. But I am still waiting to see if there is another side to this coin. Some possible short term use. And possible experiences with it.

Bobcat

Return to Natural Health

AmosAU

#6 Post by AmosAU » 7 months ago

Hi Bobcat,

I know several people who use Colloidal Silver daily. They only use the recommended dose rate internaly. The've done this for many years. Many of them make it themselves by using a simple generating device. The deviced works much the same as a hydrogen generator.

It most certainly be used internally and externally, as you said. It's an excellent antiseptic for scratches and skin infections.

Regards, Amos.

Bobcat

#7 Post by Bobcat » 7 months ago

Thank you Doggo, Kerry and Amos for your responses.

I'm still hoping for any additional experiences (specific if possible).

I was also wondering if there is any history to the use of this stuff, that is, from less recent times. Is this something that was used before the inventions of modern medicine (similar to essential oils)? Or how did people come to use this. Essential oils are understandable since they came from plants and trees. But the use of silver would seem less intuitive.

Just as a little backdrop, I went into a health food store and asked about any possible natural antibiotic replacements. The clerk immediately pointed to colloidal silver products. To him, these were the natural goto products in answer to my question.

An internet search about natural antibiotics included honey, garlic and tea tree oil. The store had all these, but the clerk focused entirely on colloidal silver. It made me curious.

I am also a little surprised that Marina hasn't posted on this. She seems somewhat knowledgeable about alternative medicines.

Bobcat

Return to Natural Health

Stranger

#8 Post by Stranger » 7 months ago

Bobcat wrote: 7 months ago I was also wondering if there is any history to the use of this stuff, that is, from less recent times. Is this something that was used before the inventions of modern medicine (similar to essential oils)? Or how did people come to use this. Essential oils are understandable since they came from plants and trees. But the use of silver would seem less intuitive.
Hi Bobcat,

Not sure if this helps but "quicksilver" (mercury), is used in the purifying of gold and silver. You may want to find out who did the purifying of the silver before you eat it.

https://science.jrank.org/pages/4239/Me ... ement.html

Stranger

Bobcat

#9 Post by Bobcat » 7 months ago

Thanks for that Stranger.

I was mostly curious about it. I did find a bit of history on it: Here. It has its 'roots' in pre-antibiotic times.

Bobcat

Return to Natural Health

AmosAU

#10 Post by AmosAU » 7 months ago

Hi Bobcat,

I've studied alternative medicines for about 60 years.
I believe that the modern use of colloidal silver may have come from the aristocracy in the UK and europe using silver goblets when drinkng wine. They were generally known for being more immune from general infections. Of course, the wine would also help. :D

A lot of moderns think that we are the only ones who have any real medical (and other) knowledge, this could'nt be further from the truth. Take most indiginious cultures for example. Most had serious remedies for almost all the ailments they were subjected to.....until the europeans came along and brought entirely new afflictions into their communities. Some of these indiginous societies were almost wiped out, due to foriegn illnesses.

Regards, Amos.