Anointed Ones and True Teachings

Chat about anything you like here that doesn't fit under Bible Doctrines. Keep the subjects clean and refreshing to all.
Forum rules
Matt 18:6; Eccl 7:9; 1 Pet 4:8 (If you're not sure what they say then please hover over them with your mouse or look them up in your own Bible before posting)
ctron

Anointed Ones and True Teachings

#1 Post by ctron » 2 months ago

I take Galatians 1:6-9 very serious. I've been thinking about the many anointed ones in the organization. It looks like Jehovah chooses many who believe and teach things which go beyond what the Bible says. What should I think of it? Am I missing something?

ctron

Kosonen

Re: Anointed Ones and True Teachings

#2 Post by Kosonen » 2 months ago

Could you give an example of anointed ones going beyond what the Bible teaches? Because I don't know how to answer you otherwise.

Stranger

#3 Post by Stranger » 2 months ago

ctron wrote:
2 months ago
I've been thinking about the many anointed ones in the organization.
"When suddenly appeared the JW anointed
They will all snarl and issue you a rebuke
As I know they have all been self appointed
I still sit and wonder is it real or just a fluke."

Stranger, (Gal 1:7)

Marina

#4 Post by Marina » 2 months ago

Kosonen wrote:
2 months ago
Could you give an example of anointed ones going beyond what the Bible teaches? Because I don't know how to answer you otherwise.
Seconded

Also could are you comparing the body of Jesus Christ to a publishing house which regularly prints flip flop doctrines and falsehoods?

(John 15:1-2) . . .I am the true vine, and my Father is the cultivator. 2 Every branch in me not bearing fruit he takes away, and every one bearing fruit he cleans, that it may bear more fruit.

There's more than one vine.

(Revelation 14:18-20) . . .And still another angel emerged from the altar and he had authority over the fire. And he called out with a loud voice to the one that had the sharp sickle, saying: “Put your sharp sickle in and gather the clusters of the vine of the earth, because its grapes have become ripe.” 19 And the angel thrust his sickle into the earth and gathered the vine of the earth, and he hurled it into the great winepress of the anger of God. 20 And the winepress was trodden outside the city, and blood came out of the winepress as high up as the bridles of the horses, for a distance of a thousand six hundred furlongs. . .
Marina

ctron

#5 Post by ctron » 2 months ago

Kosonen wrote:
2 months ago
For example going along with the 1914 and 1919 teachings, the "this fold" teaching etc. and distributing material like everyone else does in the organization. And then become anointed.

ctron

ctron

#6 Post by ctron » 2 months ago

Marina wrote:
2 months ago
Also could are you comparing the body of Jesus Christ to a publishing house which regularly prints flip flop doctrines and falsehoods?
I was thinking about the anointed ones in various congregations. I know anointed ones myself.

ctron

Marina

#7 Post by Marina » 2 months ago

Ctron

That does not answer the point I made.
Marina

Proselytiser of Jah

#8 Post by Proselytiser of Jah » 2 months ago

If their belief is genuine, perhaps God chooses them based on heart condition.

If the judgement of the elect is going to be just and fair, they will need empathy Hebrews 4:15

Perhaps many different denominational members feel this calling, and when in Heaven they will be able to say "I understand what it's like to be deceived by these churches". Of course, the question lies "would God choose elect ones, and in turn as a result encourage their belief that they are in the right place? Even though they are not?" Who knows God's thoughts and timing?
"The fruitage of the Spirit is; love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control..." Galatians 5:22-23

Marina

#9 Post by Marina » 2 months ago

Is there any suggestion in this thread that God's organisation in any way equates to a publishing house called the Watchtower (or Watch Tower) and has audiences that it identifies as congregations?

Christ = anointed.

On past experience I do not expect either an understandable, sensible or straight forward answer from some.

I am posting this to highlight that there is no definition of anointed one or organisation. Therefore, it is possible to read the opening post and imagine that organisation = Watchtower. And anointed = the Governing Body plus whoever else claims this.

The truth is Jesus Christ. Christians belong only to Jesus Christ. There is no connection to a publishing company established by C T Russell and run later by J F Rutherford, which today holds to the utterances of Governing Body members via some audio-visual, print or other platform. Such are not Jehovah's Witnesses nor are they Christians. If they are they need to exit promptly. It's the wrong vine and the wrong city.

(Revelation 18:4-5) . . .And I heard another voice out of heaven say: “Get out of her, my people, if YOU do not want to share with her in her sins, and if YOU do not want to receive part of her plagues. 5 For her sins have massed together clear up to heaven, and God has called her acts of injustice to mind.

They want this city.

(Galatians 4:26) . . .But the Jerusalem above is free, and she is our mother. . .
Marina

Kosonen

#10 Post by Kosonen » 2 months ago

ctron wrote:
2 months ago
I take Galatians 1:6-9 very serious. I've been thinking about the many anointed ones in the organization. It looks like Jehovah chooses many who believe and teach things which go beyond what the Bible says. What should I think of it? Am I missing something?

ctron
Thanks for your reply, ctron. I finally understood your question. Yes, your assumption is correct. The situation is similar as was with Jesus' 12 apostles. He chose them when they were still believing in many things wrong. But they loved Jesus and wanted to be his disciples and they believed Jesus was the promised Christ. That is a good start for anointement, to believe in and love Jesus more than anyone or anything on earth.

There is a scripture that confirms this: "However, to all who did receive him, he gave authority to become God’s children, because they were exercising faith in his name.13 And they were born, not from blood or from a fleshly will or from man’s will, but from God."- John 1:12-13