JW disfellowshipping of the repentant

Chat about anything you like here that doesn't fit under Bible Doctrines. Keep the subjects clean and refreshing to all.
Forum rules
Matt 18:6; Eccl 7:9; 1 Pet 4:8 (If you're not sure what they say then please hover over them with your mouse or look them up in your own Bible before posting)
Proselytiser of Jah

JW disfellowshipping of the repentant

#1 Post by Proselytiser of Jah » 1 month ago

So, I'm sure people have come across this, but one thing that I've always found digusting for many years, even before I woke, was disfellowshipping repentant people just because they didn't admit to a sin they did years in the past but came out later.

In some cases I've known this to happen to people who comitted a sin over 10 years before the time they came out with it, and then were shunned for it.

The purpose of disfellowshipping is to move people to repentance and protect the Congregation from the allowance or influence of brazen sin. If a person has repented of a sin that nobody knew about, and was in the past, then there need be no action taken, and disfellowshipping someone who has already repented before God and has ceased their sin, is to disfellowship someone innocent.

Even if they did formally hide their sin, it was clearly not affecting the congregation at the time, the only person who was coming to harm was the sinner. The “purpose” of disfellowshipping, that is to encourage repentance, becomes moot in this circumstance because they 'have' repented, and in this case the shunning is merely “keeping tally” or “applying eye for an eye”, which breaks the commands of Jesus' “free forgiveness". The 'system' requires an arbitary penalisation of a certain "passage of time" to match the sin committed of the past.

Yehovah says he blots out our sin upon repentance, but the Organisation clearly does not, they make you pay for it, and thus may be something that the WT and certain Elders will face dire judgement for. I think anyone in the Org reading this needs to take into consideration the purpose of DFing and this scriptural warning:

Matthew 6:15, Matthew 7:2
"The fruitage of the Spirit is; love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control..." Galatians 5:22-23