8 Persons in One GOD ?

Chat about anything you like here that doesn't fit under Bible Doctrines. Keep the subjects clean and refreshing to all.
Forum rules
Matt 18:6; Eccl 7:9; 1 Pet 4:8 (If you're not sure what they say then please hover over them with your mouse or look them up in your own Bible before posting)
Phoebe

Re: 8 Persons in One GOD ?

#11 Post by Phoebe » 4 weeks ago

As such (and my view agrees) God, Jesus and the Holy spirit are a family working in unifcation, but not as a single being, but as a "family".
Or the Father, Son and Holy Spirit working in unification as family?
Is that not a little closer to the relationship? Not splitting hairs....am I?

Anyway, nice point Apollos.
The point being that the GB can comfortably apply the word ‘slave’ (who awaits his master not their master) to mean a unified body, but has a heeby jeeby considering the possibility of YHWH being a unified body of relationships. Our YHWH is one.

And frankly the acronym GoD as taken on by the GB....is surely suspect?
If we can pick up the insinuation, I’m sure they could and did when they chose to wear this appellation.
It’s kind of in your face isn’t it? If they didn’t ‘see’ the connection.....well.
So, it’s a strong message that they and the marketing dept were not too coy to send out.

apollos0fAlexandria

#12 Post by apollos0fAlexandria » 4 weeks ago

Proselytiser of Jah wrote:
4 weeks ago
Likewise Apollos, through this argumentation I'd say you're claiming the GB is saying the Slave is "one literal body" or "a conjoined individual", but that is not the case.
Hi PoJ

I think you'll see I'm not claiming anything other than a potential contradiction. Nothing to argue about here.
4 weeks ago
As such the GB views the "Slave" as a label for a "group", not multipersonhood.
I don't know what multipersomhood means. Sorry, but could you explain that?
4 weeks ago
As for the GB calling themselves the Guardians of Doctrine, did they purposely use that to create an acryonm?
It seems obvious that it was an unfortunate coincidence that they didn't foresee. But it's hard not to use it to make a point.

Best,
Apollos

Proselytiser of Jah

#13 Post by Proselytiser of Jah » 4 weeks ago

apollos0fAlexandria wrote:
4 weeks ago

I don't know what multipersomhood means. Sorry, but could you explain that?

Best,
Apollos
This is what I've lead to believe trinitarians believe? Multiple people being in one body, or one person consisting of multipe personas (which is modalism I think) or several components of a single literal body/being with their own sentience.
"The fruitage of the Spirit is; love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control..." Galatians 5:22-23

apollos0fAlexandria

#14 Post by apollos0fAlexandria » 4 weeks ago

4 weeks ago
This is what I've lead to believe trinitarians believe? Multiple people being in one body, or one person consisting of multipe personas (which is modalism I think) or several components of a single literal body/being with their own sentience.
Hi PoJ

Yes, I think you're describing modalism. That would be the general JW construct that they can best take a position against. And it's true that some people do believe in this exact model. However, the deception is that this is mainstream trinitarian thought. I was serving as "literature servant" when the "Trinity Brochure" was withdrawn from print. A lot of people would ask for it and I'd tell them it's no longer available, and they'd ask why and I'd politely shrug. But the reality is that there WAS a reason. It's not too hard to figure out once you understand the actual belief vs what is used as a strawman in the brochure, essentially competing Arianism vs modalism as if these were the only options.

I'd probably still take Arianism if those were the only choices.

Best,
Apollos