8 Persons in One GOD ?

Chat about anything you like here that doesn't fit under Bible Doctrines. Keep the subjects clean and refreshing to all.
Forum rules
Matt 18:6; Eccl 7:9; 1 Pet 4:8 (If you're not sure what they say then please hover over them with your mouse or look them up in your own Bible before posting)
apollos0fAlexandria

8 Persons in One GOD ?

#1 Post by apollos0fAlexandria » 1 month ago

Alright, the title is a bit clickbaity, but I wanted to point out a potential contradiction.

JW's are taught to have a problem with the concept of 3 persons in 1 God.

Nevertheless, the GB are happy to call themselves 8 persons in 1 Slave that is the earthly "Guardian of Doctrine" (GOD).

Bobcat

Re: 8 Persons in One GOD ?

#2 Post by Bobcat » 1 month ago

Hi Apollos,

I could see a crafty JW retorting with Mic 5:5. :whistle:

Bobcat

apollos0fAlexandria

#3 Post by apollos0fAlexandria » 1 month ago

Hi Bobcat

Is that 7 helpers + 8 GB, or 15 GB, or 15 helpers, or figuratively 25 helpers?

Evidently the prophet Micah had in mind ...

:D

FriendlyDoggo

#4 Post by FriendlyDoggo » 1 month ago

I think the name "governing body" is based on 1 Corinthians 12:27, but even with that "base" it doesn't make sense: a "governing body" to govern over the body of Christ? where's that on the bible? 2 John 1:10

And even if they say that the body of Christ is the same thing as the "governing body", so we ALL are the governing body!! 1 Corinthians 12:12-14

It also disproves the two-classes teaching.
My english isn't very good, sorry any inconvenience.

apollos0fAlexandria

#5 Post by apollos0fAlexandria » 1 month ago

Just to be clear, my OP is not an attack on the GB nominating themselves for the GOD role. ( I think there are other threads on that)

I'm pointing out a possible contradiction in reasoning.

apollos0fAlexandria

#6 Post by apollos0fAlexandria » 1 month ago

And thanks for the input FD.

Stranger

#7 Post by Stranger » 1 month ago

apollos0fAlexandria wrote:
1 month ago
Nevertheless, the GB are happy to call themselves 8 persons in 1 Slave that is the earthly "Guardian of Doctrine" (GOD).

"I'll be looking for eight when they pull that gate, and I hope that judge ain't blind"

Stranger

FriendlyDoggo

#8 Post by FriendlyDoggo » 1 month ago

I'm sorry Apollos, I didn't get the joke :mrgreen:

All thanks to Jehovah!
My english isn't very good, sorry any inconvenience.

Proselytiser of Jah

#9 Post by Proselytiser of Jah » 1 month ago

apollos0fAlexandria wrote:
1 month ago
Alright, the title is a bit clickbaity, but I wanted to point out a potential contradiction.

JW's are taught to have a problem with the concept of 3 persons in 1 God.

Well there is a difference. Multiple people can be "one group". The "slave" doesn't have to an individual. You have "one suite" with furniture, "one property" with a house, shed, garage. "One family" with mother, father and child. These things don't mean everything in the "one group" is "one item". The house is not the shed, the shed is not the garage. Likewise, a mother is not the father, the father is not the mother, and the son is neither the mother nor the father, neither physically, as an individual, or as a being. But they are all "one in agreement", "one of a grouping". Where as the trinity mindset would be better applied to something like conjoined tripplets, they are three people in one physical body.

Likewise Apollos, through this argumentation I'd say you're claiming the GB is saying the Slave is "one literal body" or "a conjoined individual", but that is not the case.

As such the GB views the "Slave" as a label for a "group", not multipersonhood. As such (and my view agrees) God, Jesus and the Holy spirit are a family working in unifcation, but not as a single being, but as a "family". The idea of "one slave" of multiple persons does not contradict at all the concept of Arianism, as Arianism operates on the same framework, of "family" as opposed to conjoinedness. So saying the GB or Arians are contradicting themselves just because they can use the term "one" to refer to a group of individuals is a very weak/moot position.

I would personally agree with the GB's definition based on my reading of the scripture. Not as a "prophecy" that a single group will be "the FDS" (that I think they are dead wrong on), but rather "the slave" is basically I feel Jesus refering all Christian teachers, congregation leaders, etc. And whether they are faithful, unwise or wicked, will be detirmined when Christ arrives to judge all of mankind. "That slave" being plural.

Someone has to be the reciever of the food and provisions, meaning not all Christians will act as slaves. Slaves have a higher responsibility, which is echoed in James 3:1.

As for the GB calling themselves the Guardians of Doctrine, did they purposely use that to create an acryonm? Or is a coincidence people are grasping straws at? Who knows, but either way, it's very self righteous to claim oneself as such, as that requires infalible or inspired interpretation. And we don't need any conspiracies to show or prove that. They are what they are by their every day actions and behaviours.
"The fruitage of the Spirit is; love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control..." Galatians 5:22-23

Bobcat

#10 Post by Bobcat » 1 month ago

Where as the trinity mindset would be better applied to something like conjoined tripplets, they are three people in one physical body.
Kind of like this:

Sir Bobalot of the round table 🏰