Where the world is going according to this article

Chat about anything you like here that doesn't fit under Bible Doctrines. Keep the subjects clean and refreshing to all.
Forum rules
Matt 18:6; Eccl 7:9; 1 Pet 4:8 (If you're not sure what they say then please hover over them with your mouse or look them up in your own Bible before posting)
Kosonen

Where the world is going according to this article

#1 Post by Kosonen » 1 month ago

https://www.zerohedge.com/geopolitical/ ... ve-planned

The writer thinks deadly viruses will be released. And that is also as we know fortold in God's word.

And the writer believes there will come persecution of people the authorities dislike. That is also foretold in the Bible.

But he does not seem to believe in a hot world war 3 , but God's word fortells that also.

But he concludes with a practical thought how to escape writing:

"the only thing I can think of is to have enough assets to insulate yourself from the bad guys or to move yourself physically to a different location."

I think that is what the Bible also says:

Revelation 12:6 And the woman fled into the wilderness, where she has a place prepared by God and where they would feed her for 1,260 days.

Matthew 24:15 “Therefore, when you catch sight of the disgusting thing that causes desolation, as spoken about by Daniel the prophet, standing in a holy place+ (let the reader use discernment), 16 then let those in Ju·deʹa begin fleeing to the mountains.

Interesting that the writer of the article estimates a tough period of 3 to 4 years. How comes?
And it is close to the biblical 1260 days.

Bobcat

Re: Where the world is going according to this article

#2 Post by Bobcat » 1 month ago

Hi Kosonen,

I take it that since you have posted these ideas, that you are open to comments on them. And I do hope you understand that my comments are simply my opinion. You are, of course, free to take them or leave them as you see fit. And, to some extent, my comments are for the sake of visitors to this site and for the sake of this site's overall reputation. My reply is not meant to be a harsh criticism. Just an objective observation.

Regarding the people behind the ZeroHedge web site: They have a reputation: Here. That doesn't necessarily mean that everything they say is false. But they do know that their views sell (via advertisements) to a certain category of viewpoint. So my opinion is to take anything they say with a grain of salt. To do otherwise is to possibly buy into, and be led along with, their business model. They aren't in this simply for the edification of mankind.

Could some of what they say turn out to be true? Maybe. Maybe just by accident or chance. If you roll the dice enough times you will eventually get a pair. But from what I've seen, they will have some sensationalist story about, say, the US in Syria, that might seem to be coming true for a while. But in the end it doesn't. And they simply drop the story and move on to the next possible story. So that, in the end, you are simply led along from one sensational idea to the next, by people who are part of this world and who are going to end up going down with it.

That's how I see it. And I have seen you posting about these types of predictive ideas for several years now, on both this site and another one. I don't see where you are getting anywhere spiritually. Maybe you are. But I can't see it. You give me the impression of someone stuck in a conspiratorial style hamster wheel. I'm sorry, but that is the impression I get from your posts.

(Interestingly, based on the latest GB update # 7, the WT also thinks that numerous JWs are caught up in conspiratorial type mind-sets in connection with the Corona virus. They are trying to coerce JWs to get vaccinated without actually outright telling them to. In some sense I think they are dealing with a situation that they themselves had a hand in creating. But I digress ...)

The writer thinks deadly viruses will be released. And that is also as we know foretold in God's word.
Luke 21:11 predicted plagues or pestilences. My first reply to this would be that the context is talking about something that was related to Israel in the first century and within the collective lifetimes of the apostles. (Lu 21:20, 32) But I also know that many believe this will have a secondary fulfillment.

Rev 6:7, 8 also predicts death by "disease" (or "contagious illness"; see NET's footnote # 37 at Rev 6:8 here).

But you said that God's word foretold that "deadly viruses will be released." You are mixing what ZeroHedge says with what the Bible doesn't say. I don't know of anywhere that the Bible predicts the releasing of deadly viruses. And if you are referring to the Corona virus, the idea that it has been released as a weapon is nothing but an unproven far-right claim. You are buying into their MO. (For the reader, see the linked item "pestilences" here, which is part of the WT's so-called "composite sign.")

And the writer believes there will come persecution of people the authorities dislike. That is also foretold in the Bible.
Humans in authority have always 'persecuted' people they "dislike." (Qoh 4:1; 5:8; 7:7) On the other hand, Bible prophecy, IMO, concentrates on persecution of God's people (e.g. Dan 7:25). But regarding people who aren't God's people, Bible prophecy, IMO, seems somewhat blase' about persecution that goes on among themselves (e.g. compare Dan 2:43; Isa 57:20). Such persecution, in a sense, 'comes with the territory' (e.g. compare Gal 5:19-21).

So again, what I am seeing from your comments is that you are are mixing some of what ZeroHedge says with pieces of ideas from the Bible and coming up with a sort-of amalgamated or pseudo Bible prophecy.

But he does not seem to believe in a hot world war 3, but God's word foretells that also.
I do know that 'wars' are part of the ride of the second horseman (Rev 6:3-4). And that that rider was given a "great" or "huge" sword. (See also the link on "Wars and Rumors of Wars" here.) But I don't know where you are getting the idea that "God's word foretells" "a hot world war 3." Maybe there will be one. I don't know. It is possible. But I don't see where there is any specific Bible prophecy about such a specific war. And how would you define a "world war" as distinct from something smaller?

If you have a proposed idea, or chain of thought that leads you to believe that there will be "a hot world war 3," that would be interesting to see and analyze. Otherwise, what I am seeing is just another sensationalist claim, masquerading as a Bible prophecy, but without any supporting evidence. I'm not trying to be harsh. But that is my objective observation in connection with your claim.

But he concludes with a practical thought how to escape writing:

"the only thing I can think of is to have enough assets to insulate yourself from the bad guys or to move yourself physically to a different location."

I think that is what the Bible also says:

Revelation 12:6 And the woman fled into the wilderness, where she has a place prepared by God and where they would feed her for 1,260 days.

Matthew 24:15 “Therefore, when you catch sight of the disgusting thing that causes desolation, as spoken about by Daniel the prophet, standing in a holy place+ (let the reader use discernment), 16 then let those in Ju·deʹa begin fleeing to the mountains.
My first thought about this is that it reminds me of Luke 16:8, 9. But here is what I am also seeing in this quote: The ZeroHedge writer, who is part of the world that is passing away (1Co 7:31), is discussing how to "insulate" his readers from other people who are part of this world, whom he considers to be "the bad guys." Kind of like people on the sinking Titanic trying to protect themselves from other people on the ship who they see as "bad guys"; with both "good" and "bad" groups having no sense of the real predicament that they are in. (1Th 5:3, 6, 9; 2Pe 3:10) This is how too much attention to these kind of write-ups can cause one to lose their Christian perspective.

The Christian perspective, indeed the perspective of God's people from ancient times (Jude 14, 15, 16), is that, "the world (with all its supposed "good" and "bad" guys) is passing away with all its desires." (1Jn 2:17) And this is why I mentioned about having a grain of salt about such write-ups. You can get swallowed up in such things and lose a sense of the bigger picture that is part of the good news. Or worse yet, lead others off in that direction also.

Interesting that the writer of the article estimates a tough period of 3 to 4 years. How comes?
And it is close to the biblical 1260 days.
There is truth to "3 to 4 years" being a ball park figure for "1260 days" (i.e. 3 ½ times). And I have also wondered about a possible future period of that length (here). I still have my eyes open to possible indications of a fulfillment of this. But, IMO, we should be careful regarding what we see as established truth, versus speculation. Otherwise, even if we do stumble upon a predictive truth, we may come to be regarded as a Henny Penny, and our words will fall on deaf ears.

That's my view. And that's all it is, my view. An observation. With no intention of being harsh. But also trying to think of others who may be reading these things. And I accept that, as they say, "Your mileage may vary."

Bobcat

Kosonen

#3 Post by Kosonen » 1 month ago

Bobcat, you wrote: But you said that God's word foretold that "deadly viruses will be released.

No but I said: "The writer thinks deadly viruses will be released. And that is also as we know fortold in God's word."

I understand that some can misunderstand the wording I used. But in fact I just wanted to remind what we all already know that one of the signs of the last days are pestilences and deadly plagues. I did not claim specifically that the Bible foretells that they will be released from laboratories. The word "that" in the next sentence refers to pestilences and deadly plagues as for told in the Bible. I did not intend it to tell how the sicknesses will appear. I thought the readers would understand these two short sentences in the way I intended. You know, my style to write is to tell as condenced as possible and wake up minds. I feel it unnecessary to write long explicit paragraphs or pages. I just want to throw a thought and let the readers go and dig more information themselves if they are interested.

Bobcat

#4 Post by Bobcat » 1 month ago

My apologies for misunderstanding your wording. And I appreciate your clarifying that.

Bobcat

Kosonen

#5 Post by Kosonen » 1 month ago

Bobcate wrote: "But I don't know where you are getting the idea that "God's word foretells" "a hot world war 3." "

I explain my thought process behind this statement: First of all, I don't believe the signs of the last days refer to 1914 and the time there after. Instead I believe the signs of the last days refer to the specific time period of 3 and half years mentioned several times in the Bible and a few more days in addition to this.
That is why the First and Second world wars should pale in comparition to the wars during the last 3 and half years. So if we will get some thing greater than the Second world war, would it not then be completely fine to name that a Third World War?

Stranger

#6 Post by Stranger » 1 month ago

Kosonen wrote:
1 month ago
That is why the First and Second world wars should pale in comparition to the wars during the last 3 and half years. So if we will get some thing greater than the Second world war, would it not then be completely fine to name that a Third World War?

You're talking about a hypothetical War Kosonen, and even if there is a WWIII lurking in the future, the name of it is yet to be determined.

https://www.history.com/news/were-they- ... rld-war-ii

Stranger, (Matt 24:6)

Kosonen

#7 Post by Kosonen » 1 month ago

Stranger, I think individuals have the right to call it what they want. Better not to fight about definitions. It is more important that people can convey their own thoughts simply and effectively.

Bobcat

#8 Post by Bobcat » 1 month ago

Hi Kosonen,

Please don't take my post as in any way taking away from your right to express your opinion.

Bobcat

Stranger

#9 Post by Stranger » 1 month ago

Kosonen wrote:
1 month ago
Stranger, I think individuals have the right to call it what they want. Better not to fight about definitions. It is more important that people can convey their own thoughts simply and effectively.

Hi Kosonen,

Simply is one thing, effectively is another. (Ps 69:2)

I was just letting you know what Jesus said, which you already know but choose to ignore it. We all have internet and televisions, we all see the rumors and fake news spreading like wildfire. Jesus said "don't be alarmed". Now, you're saying call it whatever you want it's a free for all.

"when it's said and done, I'll have my fun. I can chew anything I can bite. Come one, come all to a midnight ball, the invitation's there. Come alone and I'll drive ya home, I'll help you I do declare. It's a free for all"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cFOvY3tFWbU

Stranger, (John 6:29)

Kosonen

#10 Post by Kosonen » 1 month ago

Bobcat wrote: "Interestingly, based on the latest GB update # 7, the WT also thinks that numerous JWs are caught up in conspiratorial type mind-sets..."

I don't think whistle-blowers should be dismissed as conspiracy-theorists. Rather when those in power lack arguments or delibarately supress the truth, then they label truth-tellers as conspiracy-theorists.

The Bible is very clear that the world is drowning in lies. And that only a minority know the truth. If you are with the masses, then you are more likely to follow a lie than the truth.

I can tell you which websites I go to get real news.
These are the main sources they are:
https://usawatchdog.com/
https://banned.video/
https://www.armstrongeconomics.com/

But also sometimes I find something I appreciate on https://www.zerohedge.com/
And https://e-watchman.com/