Free? Really?

Chat about anything you like here that doesn't fit under Bible Doctrines. Keep the subjects clean and refreshing to all.
Forum rules
Matt 18:6; Eccl 7:9; 1 Pet 4:8 (If you're not sure what they say then please hover over them with your mouse or look them up in your own Bible before posting)
FriendlyDoggo

Free? Really?

#1 Post by FriendlyDoggo » 1 month ago

Today while writing a post about Neutrality on "Bible Doctrines" I started to feel weird, but, think about it: If a christian from any other denomination hear the word "neutrality", he will feel weird? I think this is like a catholic feels when a Witness is talking about "hell"...

What's the line between natural God fearing and indoctrination induced fear?

Romans 8:15 The Spirit you received does not make you slaves, so that you live in fear again; rather, the Spirit you received brought about your adoption to sonship. And by him we cry, “Abba, Father.”

Just reflecting...
My english isn't very good, sorry any inconvenience.

Stranger

Re: Free? Really?

#2 Post by Stranger » 1 month ago

FriendlyDoggo wrote:
1 month ago

Good question, my first thought is, indoctrination will lead to a lack of surety of baptism as where naturally fearing God would lead to more reliance on the Holy Spirit.

Stranger, (Going to walk the dog and pet the cat, top of the morning to you with a tip from my hat.)

FriendlyDoggo

#3 Post by FriendlyDoggo » 1 month ago

Funny as always stranger :lol:

Well I still need to get a way to be baptized, I didn't reach this far on the org ^^

Stranger

#4 Post by Stranger » 1 month ago

FriendlyDoggo wrote:
1 month ago
Well I still need to get a way to be baptized, I didn't reach this far on the org ^^

It's a one way street just don't turn the wrong way when entering! (John 14:6)

Stranger, (Jn 17:11)

Proselytiser of Jah

#5 Post by Proselytiser of Jah » 1 month ago

"THERE IS NO FREEDOM WITHOUT THE LAW!"

:lol:
"The fruitage of the Spirit is; love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control..." Galatians 5:22-23

FriendlyDoggo

#6 Post by FriendlyDoggo » 1 month ago

Yeah! Proselytizer, thank you!

MOOOOUUUSESSSSSSS

:lol: :lol: :lol:

AmosAU

#7 Post by AmosAU » 1 month ago

Hi POJ,

Absolutely agree with you.

The problem today is...... most people don't understand much about the law, and therefore have accepted RCC teaching that it's been done away with. YHWH NEVER changes, so why would His commandments for man change?

Rev 1:1  The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave unto him, to shew unto his servants things which must shortly come to pass; and he sent and signified it by his angel unto his servant John: 2  Who bare record of the word of God, and of the testimony of Jesus Christ, and of all things that he saw. 

Rev 1:9  I John, who also am your brother, and companion in tribulation, and in the kingdom and patience of Jesus Christ, was in the isle that is called Patmos, for the word of God, and for the testimony of Jesus Christ. 

Rev 6:9  And when he had opened the fifth seal, I saw under the altar the souls of them that were slain for the word of God, and for the testimony which they held: 

Rev 12:17  And the dragon was wroth with the woman, and went to make war with the remnant of her seed, which keep the commandments of God, and have the testimony of Jesus Christ. 

Rev 14:12  Here is the patience of the saints: here are they that keep the commandments of God, and the faith of Jesus. 

Proselytiser of Jah

#8 Post by Proselytiser of Jah » 1 month ago

AmosAU wrote:
1 month ago
Hi POJ,

Absolutely agree with you.

The problem today is...... most people don't understand much about the law, and therefore have accepted RCC teaching that it's been done away with. YHWH NEVER changes, so why would His commandments for man change?

Rev 1:1  The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave unto him, to shew unto his servants things which must shortly come to pass; and he sent and signified it by his angel unto his servant John: 2  Who bare record of the word of God, and of the testimony of Jesus Christ, and of all things that he saw. 

Rev 1:9  I John, who also am your brother, and companion in tribulation, and in the kingdom and patience of Jesus Christ, was in the isle that is called Patmos, for the word of God, and for the testimony of Jesus Christ. 

Rev 6:9  And when he had opened the fifth seal, I saw under the altar the souls of them that were slain for the word of God, and for the testimony which they held: 

Rev 12:17  And the dragon was wroth with the woman, and went to make war with the remnant of her seed, which keep the commandments of God, and have the testimony of Jesus Christ. 

Rev 14:12  Here is the patience of the saints: here are they that keep the commandments of God, and the faith of Jesus. 
Exactly, though the Old Covenant was done away with the "law" hasn't, the "Old law" was "fulfilled" in Christ and was made to conform to the New Covenant (which is why we don't practice certain things anymore, such as physical circumcising, fasting, food limits, etc, and, though this is contested by some, the Sabbath). All these things were said to be eternal, and they are, but the physical manifestations of the law were "shadows" of the law of Christ, which are now for the most part spiritual, of the inner man and his behaviours.

I've always said "if there is absolute freedom, there is no freedom", because laws are needed for true equality, or else someone else's freedom would have the right to overtake another's and there is only strife and contention. Thus the laws of God, handed to us through Christ, places "limits" on us in order to achieve "equality of freedom".

God's righteousness requires that he acts the way he does, as stated in Ezekiel 18:23, God does not want people to die. So you could ask the question "then why does he make laws which he kills people for not following? Just say everyone can do what they want then God doesn't have to kill anyone right?" and my answer is, if it were that simple He would have done it, but the fact that he "must" abide by the law, by his righteousness and at the same time "pleads" "begs" us to obey to live, I think is quite telling. We know little of YHVH, only what has been revealed to us, we understand nothing of the "higher things", the heavenly things and why it must be so.

God's laws also do protect us from the natural consequences of sin (for example sexual laws prevents fatherless children, stds, etc), but much of the natural consequences have been covered up by modern medical intervention, and so people have forgotten the context and original protection of the laws, which creates a disharmony and writing off of these "outdated" ways...

But though we can intervene with technology, does it make it right? Can we say "well we can fix that now"? It would be presumptuous on our part. I liken it to a man eating feces, and he says "put I have medicine which prevents it from infecting me, and I insert chocolate flavouring to make the feces taste nice", does that all of a sudden make it any less disgusting?

God cannot lie, therefore what he says is objective truth, what is good is good, what is bad is bad, and this transcends all our physical reasonings and cultural bounds.
"The fruitage of the Spirit is; love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control..." Galatians 5:22-23

Marina

#9 Post by Marina » 1 month ago

Yes Jesus did not break the Law of Moses - he was innocent but was put to death for keeping it. False accusations were made against him by the religious leaders.

Once Jesus died the temple arrangement was done away with - no one should offer animal sacrifices anymore but instead keep themselves in Jesus Christ's love because the value of his shed blood is more powerful that that of animals. Other things such as circumcision were done away with.

The law of God was to be written on the heart and mind and it was the heart that was to be circumcised.

(Hebrews 10:16-18) . . .‘This is the covenant that I shall covenant toward them after those days,’ says the Lord. ‘I will put my laws in their hearts, and in their minds I shall write them,’” 17 [it says afterwards:] “And I shall by no means call their sins and their lawless deeds to mind anymore.” 18 Now where there is forgiveness of these, there is no longer an offering for sin. . .

(Jeremiah 31:33-34) . . .the utterance of Jehovah. “I will put my law within them, and in their heart I shall write it. And I will become their God, and they themselves will become my people.” 34 “And they will no more teach each one his companion and each one his brother, saying, ‘KNOW Jehovah!’ for they will all of them know me, from the least one of them even to the greatest one of them,” is the utterance of Jehovah. “For I shall forgive their error, and their sin I shall remember no more. . .

(Deuteronomy 10:16) . . .And you must circumcise the foreskin of your hearts and not harden your necks any longer. . .

(Romans 2:29) . . .But he is a Jew who is one on the inside, and [his] circumcision is that of the heart by spirit, and not by a written code. The praise of that one comes, not from men, but from God. . .
Marina

Get out of her

#10 Post by Get out of her » 1 month ago

FriendlyDoggo wrote:
The scriptural answer to this question is actually rather sobering and unfortunately even potentially "offensive" to most people. (Ro 9:23) (1 Pe 2:8) The reason for this is not so much because it means the difference between whether or not we are worshiping with accurate knowledge, but rather who or what we are actually rendering sacred service to in the foretold settings in which basically "EVERY" [spiritual] "table is full of filthy vomit." (Isa 28:8) These are the foretold "times" in which even the one TRUE nation (spiritual Israel or what could also be referred to as true Christianity) has suffered a complete national "apostasy" which requires yet another foretold birth or "coming of the kingdom." (Lu 21:24) (Da 4:23, 32 11:30-32) (Mt 24:15, 16) (2 Th 2:1-8) Obviously in this case it would be the advent of the long anticipated Millennial Reign.

The moment we understand that a RENEWED and inaugurated kingdom covenant is precisely what creates or gives birth to genuine worshipers of God, this is the same moment we are suddenly in a position to grasp that a BROKEN "holy covenant" or the "leaving" of such on the part of Jehovah's appointed earthly shepherds immediately transforms Israelites (whether fleshy or spiritual) into the "people of the nations" that ones like Paul spoke of in 1st Corinthians 10:20. As we can see in accounts like the ones cited above in Daniel and 2 Thessalonians, since the result of this "apostasy" is the exchanging of a very critical "feature" in Jehovah's "sanctuary," sadly this means that even ones as sincere as the "Samaritan woman" Jesus spoke to in John's account were suddenly now "worshiping" something they "did not know." (Joh 4:22, 23) Fortunately that was about to change once again with yet another of the foretold births of God's nation which on this fifth foretold occasion during the "appointed times of the nations" was referred to with terms such as "the way" or –"the kingdom of the son of his love." (Lu 22:28, 29) (Ac 9:2) (Col 1:13) (Jer 15:9) In the meantime, this information should help us better appreciate the command that is always issued particularly to the anointed ones in these time frames. (Mt 24:15, 16) (2 Cor 6:17)

To help us even further grasp this incredibly important information, we might consider a question or two like the following:

What people did Jehovah send the prophet Jeremiah to minister to? Wasn't it to the Israelites or even most particularly their religious leaders which were often referred to as the "Jews"? (Zec 11:14-17) You see the reason Jeremiah was identified as "prophet to the NATIONS" is because what WERE Israelites and Jews had by this time violated the kingdom covenant that QUALIFIED them as such. They did this with spiritual adultery or even "prostitution." (Jer 1:5) (Isa 1:21) (Eze 23:1-4) (Re 17:1) Moreover the reason not even ONE religious denomination currently on the earth has pointed out something as simple and obvious as this to you is proof enough that we are indeed in yet another time frame of a broken holy marriage covenant in which even the anointed ones are in a state of spiritual "sleep" and in desperate need of displaying the "discretion" required to make it to the final foretold "marriage feast" or renewal of the broken kingdom covenant. (Mt 25:1, 2, 5, 10)

Agape love;
Sol