Introduction

Chat about anything you like here that doesn't fit under Bible Doctrines. Keep the subjects clean and refreshing to all.
Forum rules
Matt 18:6; Eccl 7:9; 1 Pet 4:8 (If you're not sure what they say then please hover over them with your mouse or look them up in your own Bible before posting)
Proselytiser of Jah

Introduction

#1 Post by Proselytiser of Jah » 2 months ago

Hi all. Been overlooking this site for a little while and was debating on whether to join or not (and was also checking out other similar sites), and finally decided to go ahead.

It's nice to find Christians of similar thought, who have had doubts with the Organisation and its teachings, but still wish to remain true Christians and can have open discussion without fingers pointing at one another (ie: being labelled an antichrist for disagreeing with a group of men). Some here may recognise me as I have been recently commenting on a couple of YT channels some members here run. :)
"The fruitage of the Spirit is; love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control..." Galatians 5:22-23

Bobcat

Re: Introduction

#2 Post by Bobcat » 2 months ago

Welcome to the forum PoJ. Thank you for introducing yourself.

Bobcat

Proselytiser of Jah

#3 Post by Proselytiser of Jah » 2 months ago

Bobcat wrote:
2 months ago
Welcome to the forum PoJ. Thank you for introducing yourself.

Bobcat
Appreciate the welcome.
"The fruitage of the Spirit is; love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control..." Galatians 5:22-23

AmosAU

#4 Post by AmosAU » 2 months ago

Hello POJ,

A welcome to the board from me too.

Looking forward to some interaction with you.

Regards, Amos

apollos0fAlexandria

#5 Post by apollos0fAlexandria » 2 months ago

Welcome to the site PoJ.

It's always nice to hear that someone joins in part because people with different views are respected.

I have to be honest, and say that in the early days things got a little more abrasive at times, and that can still happen because ... well ... online forum. But learning to talk to strangers (not only the "Stranger" who shares here :D ), and treat them as neighbors or even family, is another opportunity to grow. I'm not suggesting this is a unique place in that regard, but I hope you continue to find something of value here and look forward to hearing your thoughts as well.

Apollos

Bruno

#6 Post by Bruno » 2 months ago

Welcome proselytiser! Nice to see Apollos also :)

Karl

Marina

#7 Post by Marina » 2 months ago

Hello - say do you like being called PoJ?
Marina

Stranger

#8 Post by Stranger » 2 months ago

apollos0fAlexandria wrote:
2 months ago
But learning to talk to strangers (not only the "Stranger" who shares here ), and treat them as neighbors or even family, is another opportunity to grow.

Hello PoJ and welcome to this blessed forum! Thank you for the introduction, introductions go both ways.

There are many quite different understandings and theories of the Stranger. The Stranger is perceived as being in the group but not of the group. Stranger often carries out special tasks that the other members of the group are either incapable or unwilling to carry out. The Stranger is perceived as extraneous to the group and even though he is in constant relation to other group members his distance is more emphasized than his nearness. The Stranger is an insider and an outsider at one and the same time and that's what makes him so important.

It is through this recognition that the boundaries between self and other dissolve and the notion of the Stranger loses it's specificity. The difference between an outsider or wanderer and a Stranger is that the wanderer comes today and leaves tomorrow but the Stranger comes today and stays tomorrow.

All these features of the Stranger make him an important function. The Stranger can hold conversations that cannot be held between two non stranger members of the group.

Stranger, (Ps 146:9 KJV)

Bobcat

#9 Post by Bobcat » 2 months ago

Hi PoJ,

Here was my introduction of Stranger to Marina.

Stranger had a little different opinion: Here.

Bobcat

Proselytiser of Jah

#10 Post by Proselytiser of Jah » 2 months ago

Marina wrote:
2 months ago
Hello - say do you like being called PoJ?
Yeah that's fine! It makes it easier on people too. I'm not going to force people to write my full username :lol: