33 Degree Freemasons

Chat about anything you like here that doesn't fit under Bible Doctrines. Keep the subjects clean and refreshing to all.
Forum rules
Matt 18:6; Eccl 7:9; 1 Pet 4:8 (If you're not sure what they say then please hover over them with your mouse or look them up in your own Bible before posting)
Marina

Re: 33 Degree Freemasons

#11 Post by Marina » 1 week ago

Wrenching their necks?

No, no coups not from me. And as for the coups of Jehovah - He releases them doesn't He.

(Ezra 6:19) And the former exiles proceeded to hold the passover on the fourteenth [day] of the first month

(John 8:31-32) And so Jesus went on to say to the Jews that had believed him: “If you remain in my word, you are really my disciples, 32 and you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.
Marina

Stranger

#12 Post by Stranger » 1 week ago

Marina wrote:
1 week ago
And as for the coups of Jehovah - He releases them doesn't He.
Marina wrote:
1 week ago
“If you remain in my word

You answered your own question Marina, but with the ever present contingent of the mighty (if).

Stranger, (Matt 27:40)

Marina

#13 Post by Marina » 1 week ago

Which is the mightier 'if'?

Of Jesus

(Matthew 7:13-14) . . .“Go in through the narrow gate; because broad and spacious is the road leading off into destruction, and many are the ones going in through it; 14 whereas narrow is the gate and cramped the road leading off into life, and few are the ones finding it. . .

Or of others?

(Matthew 27:38-44) . . .Then two robbers were impaled with him, one on his right and one on his left. 39 So the passersby began speaking abusively of him, wagging their heads 40 and saying: “O you would-be thrower-down of the temple and builder of it in three days, save yourself! If you are a son of God, come down off the torture stake!” 41 In like manner also the chief priests with the scribes and older men began making fun of him and saying: 42 “Others he saved; himself he cannot save! He is King of Israel; let him now come down off the torture stake and we will believe on him. 43 He has put his trust in God; let Him now rescue him if He wants him, for he said, ‘I am God’s Son.’” 44 In the same way even the robbers that were impaled together with him began reproaching him. . .
Marina

Stranger

#14 Post by Stranger » 1 week ago

Marina wrote:
1 week ago
Which is the mightier 'if'?

Of Jesus

Or of others?
"If you knew me you would know my Father also"

Stranger, (Jn 8:19)

Marina

#15 Post by Marina » 1 week ago

Yes and the former exiles held the Passover to Jesus Christ's Father Jehovah. Ok we know that. No ifs or buts.

Oh and before you bother trying:-
How do we know who Jehovah is? The Mosaic Law shows us what his values and priorities are and Jesus Christ did not break any of His Father's (Jehovah's) Law as given to Moses.

But yes the unfaithful Israelites called the golden calf Jehovah - but they had taken the identity of the True God and given it to the calf and the True God, Jehovah (Jesus Christ's Father) was very angry.

(Exodus 32:5-8) . . .When Aaron got to see this, he went to building an altar before it. Finally Aaron called out and said: “There is a festival to Jehovah tomorrow.” 6 So on the next day they were early in rising, and they began offering up burnt offerings and presenting communion sacrifices. After that the people sat down to eat and drink. Then they got up to have a good time. 7 Jehovah now said to Moses: “Go, descend, because your people whom you led up out of the land of Egypt have acted ruinously. 8 They have turned aside in a hurry from the way I have commanded them to go. They have made a molten statue of a calf for themselves and keep bowing down to it and sacrificing to it and saying, ‘This is your God, O Israel, who led you up out of the land of Egypt.. . .

So do ensure your head looking in the right direction at Jesus Christ the first born only begotten son of the one true God, Jehovah. The God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob. Don't be like the Israelites and turn away from the True God, the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob who really did bring Israel out of Egypt and who spoke to Moses face-to-face.

Oh and please don't bother trying to make out (using the NIV translation) that Jesus is somehow Lucifer. Jesus Christ is not Lucifer. But yes Jesus is the light of the world.

(2 Corinthians 4:3-4) . . .If, now, the good news we declare is in fact veiled, it is veiled among those who are perishing, 4 among whom the god of this system of things has blinded the minds of the unbelievers, that the illumination of the glorious good news about the Christ, who is the image of God, might not shine through. . .

(Revelation 12:9-10) . . .So down the great dragon was hurled, the original serpent, the one called Devil and Satan, who is misleading the entire inhabited earth; he was hurled down to the earth, and his angels were hurled down with him. 10 And I heard a loud voice in heaven say: “Now have come to pass the salvation and the power and the kingdom of our God and the authority of his Christ, because the accuser of our brothers has been hurled down, who accuses them day and night before our God. . .

Beware a stiff neck.

(Deuteronomy 9:13) . . .And Jehovah went on to say this to me, ‘I have seen this people, and, look! it is a stiff-necked people.

And the leaven of the Pharisees.

(Galatians 1:6) . . .I marvel that you are being so quickly removed from the One who called you with Christ’s undeserved kindness over to another sort of good news. . .

(Matthew 16:11-12) . . .How is it YOU do not discern that I did not talk to YOU about loaves? But watch out for the leaven of the Pharisees and Sadducees.” 12 Then they grasped that he said to watch out, not for the leaven of the loaves, but for the teaching of the Pharisees and Sadducees.
Marina

Stranger

#16 Post by Stranger » 1 week ago

Marina wrote:
1 week ago
Oh and please don't bother trying to make out (using the NIV translation) that Jesus is somehow Lucifer.
I've got nothing to sell you Marina, monetary contributions are always refused and never solicited. I've seen just enough of the NIV to know I don't need to look at it again.

If you hadn't noticed, I am the KJV type anyway. I know Jehovah's Authority very well.

Right now I got to go to work so I can pay somebody's rent for them. I'll have more to say later.

Stranger

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s4pZFsEdP3Y

Marina

#17 Post by Marina » 1 week ago

That's ok then.

I didn't know if you were going to give it the full Rudyard Kipling next.
Marina

Stranger

#18 Post by Stranger » 1 week ago

Marina wrote:
1 week ago
I didn't know if you were going to give it the full Rudyard Kipling next.
I never heard of him till now, I've been compared to a lot of different "people", but Stranger holds his own, with a style sure to give you a smile and keep you coming back even if it's just for a little while. (Jn 16:16)

Are you saying there's something wrong with Kipling? He's just another name in Wikipedia to me and I didn't waste my time reading his entry.

I noticed you still want to echo the gang of eight that won't let you in their gate. If I had an organization named Jehovah's Witnesses, I would be doing the same thing they did and be putting the Name Jehovah back into a Bible too, even if I had to make up a whole new one just like they did. It makes sense, it took them 77 years riding on the KJV until they came out with their own single volume and after several revisions, deletions and additions you now have the one that has made them very successful and it's still your No.1 pick. I know that the translators didn't want to advertise themselves and why should they when they even have apostates doing it for them? (lol) Now that's funny.

Stranger

Marina

#19 Post by Marina » 1 week ago

No Stranger. You misunderstand me. I am guessing that is because you have never studied with a Watchtower publisher, therefore you are unaware of what they do with the concept of the House of Jacob and how they merge that with Christianity. Ask yourself, if the prophet Daniel had been alive in Jesus day would he have become a Christian?

As regards organization - any body is an organization. It is a corps. Hence the term esprit de corps.

I agree the KJV is a nice translation but it too has its failings and provides a basis for undermining Christianity and suggesting it is no more than a myth. That's because the word for wild bull is mis-translated 'unicorn' (Num 23:22) and poisonous snake 'cockatrice' (Is 11:8). Both the cockatrice and unicorn are mythological creatures. The New World Translation gets the translation or these animals right.

(Numbers 23:22) God is bringing them out of Egypt. The swift course like that of a wild bull is his. . .

(Isaiah 11:8) . . .And the sucking child will certainly play upon the hole of the cobra; and upon the light aperture of a poisonous snake will a weaned child actually put his own hand.

The phonetic spelling or pronunciation of YHWH is not the important thing. Moses was given the Law by Jehovah on Mount Sinai. The values and priorities set out in the Law inform you of Jehovah's ways. That which He expects of those who wish to be counted righteous by Him.

His identity is vital and part of His identity, along with HIs name is the values and priorities His name stands for. Jesus Christ, His Son stood firm for those values and priorities. Jesus Christ is the way from which we should not turn our heads onto mythological, fantasy rubbish.

Sadly many think that you can just take a neat sounding set of values and the identity of the True God, Jesus Christ's Father is not important. Hence when you listen to Rudyard Kipling's poem, it sounds very noble but it is rhetoric that leaves out both Jesus and Jehovah. It is a head turner (turning you head away from God and onto yourself as if you are the saviour of your own inner child) and the poem is called IF. Its a clever trick. It touches the edge of Christian values but steers you off into Nihilism and/or some other set of anti-Christian values and priorities.
:?
If you can make one heap of all your winnings and risk it on one turn of pitch and toss and lose and start again at your beginnings and never breath a word about your loss.
:shock:

Humph well Jesus never said that. But I can imagine a Watchtower article encouraging you to give up your home and business and go and work at Chelmsford for them. Then when they've offered you a place, they suddenly call the project off and you must never breath a word about your loss... because it would be discouraging to the others.

Marina

Stranger

#20 Post by Stranger » 1 week ago

Hi Marina,

Thank you for your response, and I appreciate the kindness of your tone. :)
Marina wrote:
1 week ago
You misunderstand me.
Perhaps a little, but overall I think I've got you figured. ( :whistle: ..."whittt-wheelll")
Marina wrote:
1 week ago
The New World Translation gets the translation or these animals right.
That may be true, but let us now enter the dragon and find out that the NWT is not completely innocent of not using mythological creatures.
Marina wrote:
1 week ago
Jesus Christ is the way from which we should not turn our heads onto mythological, fantasy rubbish.
I agree, but I also know that Jesus Christ does have a unique horn.
Marina wrote:
1 week ago
I am guessing that is because you have never studied with a Watchtower publisher,
Guess again, the first two don't count anyway. I've been around that 359 degree semi circle, and it's a dimension (demon mansion), I care not to enter again.

I would love to go into more detail but like yesterday I have to work again, even on the Sabbath.

Stranger, (Matt 12:11)