Rolf Furuli's book

Chat about anything you like here that doesn't fit under Bible Doctrines. Keep the subjects clean and refreshing to all.
Forum rules
Matt 18:6; Eccl 7:9; 1 Pet 4:8 (If you're not sure what they say then please hover over them with your mouse or look them up in your own Bible before posting)
Nightingale

Rolf Furuli's book

#1 Post by Nightingale » 10 months ago

Hello

Has anyone read Rolf Furuli's new book already? It's called My Beloved Organization - And the Governing Body. Furuli used to be the "scholar witness" from Norway who defended 607 and still supports it. But now in this new book he criticizes these things in Watchtower even though he still believes Jws are the true religion:

- The Faithful and discreet slave teaching is wrong
- There was no GB in the 1st century, there shouldn't be one now
- The Wt policy against higher education is wrong
- Some disfellowshipping offenses are not biblical
- NWT13 has severe translation issues

But he still believes that Jws are the true religion because:

- Accepting the whole Bible as God's word
- Preaching kingdom worldwide
- Not being part of the world
- Unique doctrines: 2 hopes, using the name Jehovah, the blood issue, the Kingdom (including 1914)
- Prophecies: appointed times of the nations (1914), 70 weeks, the prophetic days of Daniel applying to Jws in the early 1900s, the restoration of all things (the Jw view of future: 144,000 ruling the paradise from heaven)

It's strange why he doesn't see all the other problems and see those other things above as proof that this is the only true religion?! I can understand the third point on individual level (witnesses do not go to wars, military etc). And yes it is true that in theory Watchtower accepts the whole Bible - but they use eisegesis to interpret it, they cherry pick verses all the time to support their own ideas. Doesn't he notice that? And the good news preached about surviving Armageddon hardly is the good news from the Bible.

But even more surprising are the two hopes, blood issue, 1914 and so on... how can anyone so intellectual see nothing wrong with those? :doh:

Basically he wants a reform. He also says that the organization should go back to pre-1972 era. But was it really that different back then? I don't know, I wasn't there.

Any thoughts?
"Shortly, within our twentieth century, the "battle in the day of Jehovah" will begin against the modern antitype of Jerusalem, Christendom."

Bobcat

Re: Rolf Furuli's book

#2 Post by Bobcat » 10 months ago

Hi Nightingale,

Just linking your thread to this post for cross reference purposes.

I haven't read the book as of yet. But that is interesting how he still supports 607. I guess since he has written a good bit upon the subject, he has some 'investment' in it. So maybe it is not that easy for him to let it go yet. Maybe after he has been oficially branded as an apostate he will start to reconsider other parts of his belief system.

Bobcat

Bobcat

Re: Rolf Furuli's book - Furuli's Website

#3 Post by Bobcat » 6 months ago

Speaking of Rolf Furuli's new book, here is his new website.

And cross-linking this post with this one (for referential purposes).

Bobcat

Hisclarkness

#4 Post by Hisclarkness » 6 months ago

Bobcat wrote:
10 months ago
Hi Nightingale,

Just linking your thread to this post for cross reference purposes.

Maybe after he has been oficially branded as an apostate he will start to reconsider other parts of his belief system.

Bobcat
Last I heard, he has been officially disfellowshipped for apostasy.

Bobcat

Re: Rolf Furuli's book - Furuli's DFing

#5 Post by Bobcat » 6 months ago

Hi Hiscalrkness,

For any interested, here is a Google listing related to Furuli's ousting.

Bobcat

Dajo1

#6 Post by Dajo1 » 5 months ago

Just looking over Rolfs website on the way to work. He stated when he set it up that he would be adding his own writings such as no GB in the first century, also he feels the long list of offences that get one disfellowshipped in the “Shepherd” book is wrong.
I see through September and October he has added to his site quite extensively, but it doesn’t appear to have many hits.
Sometimes the links within his site don’t seem to work but with a bit of poking around they do.
I went to the “categories” in the Menu - top right. Interesting...