Sin is EGO

Chat about anything you like here that doesn't fit under Bible Doctrines. Keep the subjects clean and refreshing to all.
Forum rules
Matt 18:6; Eccl 7:9; 1 Pet 4:8 (If you're not sure what they say then please hover over them with your mouse or look them up in your own Bible before posting)
Message
Author
Get out of her
Posts: 946
Joined: 4 years ago

Re: Sin is EGO

#21 Post by Get out of her » 10 months ago

Simplyme wrote:
You can’t learn how to do things right without knowing what won’t work or what is wrong. This is how relationships grow and mature and become stronger. We need to see where we can improve with each other. In fact when mistakes are admitted to and apologies are made and a desire is communicated to improve, our relationships get stronger
One of the first things that these very insightful statements brought to my mind was a quote from Thomas Edison regarding his initial FAILED attempts at creating the incandescent light bulb, which were reportedly rather numerous. When questioned or confronted on this issue, Edison's reply might really shed some valuable insight on the approach or even attitude that people who are ultimately recognized as SUCCESSFUL normally utilize all along. Edison remarked that he didn't recognize the initial 1000 failed attempts as actual failures. He chose instead to take the position that in the process he simply learned 1000 ways NOT to make the light bulb.

This was actually among several indicators that it was not so much intellect that was Mr. Edison's strong suit, but rather a more positive attitude that obviously lent itself to determination, persistence and perseverance. It could certainly be argued that many people with MORE intelligence would have become discouraged and given up after experiencing only a FRACTION of these failed attempts. The NEXT thing that came to my mind after reading these comments from Simplyme was some of the words of the Apostle Paul found in 2 Corinthians Chapter 12:

5 "Over such a man I will boast, but I will not boast over myself, except with respect to my WEAKNESSES. 6 For if I ever do want to boast, I will not be unreasonable, for I shall say the truth. But I abstain in order that no one should put to my credit more than what he sees I am or he hears from me, 7 just because of the excess of revelations. Therefore that I might not feel overly exalted, there was given me a thorn in the flesh, an angel of Satan to keep slapping me, that I might not be overly exalted. In this behalf I three times entreated the Lord that t might depart from me; 9 and yet he really said to me: "My undeserved kindness is sufficient for you, for my POWER is made perfect in WEAKNESS." Most gladly therefore will I rather boast with respect to my WEAKNESSES, that the POWER OF THE CHRIST may like a tent remain over me. 10 Therefore I take pleasure in WEAKNESSES, in insults, in cases of need, in persecutions and difficulties, FOR CHRIST. For when I am WEAK, THEN I am POWERFUL."

ONCE AGAIN we find that the people JEHOVAH chooses to praise and exalt are the HUMBLE, MODEST, and LOVING ones. But aside from the obvious, what exactly is my point and how am I suggesting it's related to this topic?

What I am focusing on here is the fact that scriptures such as this absolutely confirm the accuracy of the statements that Simplyme is making here; and most particularly with respect to EXACTLY WHAT IT IS that TRULY and ACTUALLY makes people praiseworthy or successful in ANY manner. When it comes to being recognized by JEHOVAH in particular as praiseworthy, and in turn being exalted by HIM, the KEY thing that continues to be pointed to here in 2 Corinthians is more about the reason WHY this more loving and humble approach is so key to this success.

You see Paul himself here is pointing to the fact that the MORE we attain to things like love and humility, the more we open ourselves up to receiving the HELP or assistance we need to ACHIEVE true success. Of course the ULTIMATE person we could ever wish to receive assistance from is our God and creator, and the ultimate exaltation would of course be comprised of the unimaginably great privilege of being joint heirs of the kingdom with Jesus as fellow heavenly kings and priests. While figures like the Apostle Paul could be generally recognized as very self effacing, we might want to consider the question of why ones such as US are always so quick to render him nothing but praises? (Pr 27:2)

Yes it was the help that Paul received from JEHOVAH that ultimately made him into the person that we so greatly respect and appreciate! This means that in the end, the ONLY thing that really exists with ANYONE (other than Jehovah) that truly CAN be attributed to them as praiseworthy is LOVE AND HUMILITY; since anything ELSE they might possess was GIVEN them by Jehovah! The fact is however that this principle is reflected and manifested in ALL relationships, whether it is marriage, family, friends, or even business relations. In fact as it turns out, a closer analysis of the history of Thomas Edison is a case study of this very point.

While a relatively positive attitude on the part of Edison clearly reached as far as a strong level of optimism and perseverance, it turns out he was woefully deficient in qualities like love and humility. Among the people that ended up on his team of many workers in his earlier years was a young man of little to no notoriety whatsoever at the time by the name of Nikola Tesla. This employment opportunity was a dream come true for the young Tesla and he dove into his work wholeheartedly, feeling a strong sense of kinship with an employer he greatly admired and respected. Immediately Mr. Tesla began to overcome challenges and accomplish things for his new company that Edison himself hadn't even been willing to seriously attempt, feeling overwhelmed at the mere prospect. To his great shame however, instead of demonstrating respect and appreciation toward his new employee, Edison evidently began to feel threatened and intimidated by him. What happened next was a strong indication that Tesla's natural abilities made Edison feel emasculated, and his ego was beginning to feel damaged by a much younger man who had barely even begun to put in the time and effort into the field they were now working together in. His response was to now begin lying to Tesla while simply taking advantage of him. He also began to minimize not only Tesla's work, but even him as a fellow human being.

If we are among the many people that gauge success by how much money people accumulate, then we likely would recognize Thomas Edison as ultimately the bigger hero in this story. The fact is however that much like our creator himself; Tesla cared little about material wealth. Moreover while even MUCH of Tesla's later achievements continue to be suppressed or even hidden from the general public by evil oligarchs who fear the level of empowerment and freedom it would afford them, nevertheless history bears out that Tesla's achievements would eventually make Edison's seem as nothing by comparison.

This really might make us wonder about just how things would have played out if Thomas Edison had chosen to demonstrate love, respect, humility and appreciation around his new employee. What successes would he have ended up having a direct share in, and just how tall a man would he have ended up being regarded as in the annals of history, and much more importantly in the eyes of Jehovah?

I would like my dear brothers and sisters to understand that the reason I am so keen on showing strong support for this tremendous article from Simplyme is not merely because it is scripturally accurate. It's primarily because the issues it is addressing are ABSOLUTELY CENTRAL to the scriptures as a whole and their kingdom message, or otherwise the UNDOING of all the damage that Satan and the demons have inflicted on Jehovah's universal family. (Eph 1:10) Thank you again Simplyme and may Jehovah bless you for the time and effort you put into this very fine article.

Agape love;
Sol

Stranger
Posts: 1938
Joined: 3 years ago

Re: Sin is EGO

#22 Post by Stranger » 1 week ago

Simplyme said,
Re: CLAM: Research, Notes, & Comments
#28 Post by simplyme » 9 hours ago

Stranger I don’t know if I can answer you adequately.

I’m still on my journey. Brother James comments a few days ago really resonated with me. Was the timing on that coincidence? I don’t think so.
My inner knowing or intuition knows our minds are our biggest problem. Our minds create maybe all of our fears, anxieties and stresses thinking about our past or future. It creates our bubbles we live in. It creates the ideologies that are our truth.
If you watch young children they are not thinking, they are experiencing. Our minds are greatly controlled by our egos.
Living and experiencing life in the here and now in the fruitages of the Spirit is where God is.
There is no judgment or negative emotions there for us or anybody else. Our mind creates these judgements or negative emotions which blocks God’s Spirit.
Top

Hi Simplyme,

As you can see I moved your post and our discussion to this thread you started over a year ago, it doesn't seem that long already, but things are not always as they seem.
Truth and reality has been known to have a fine line between them that doesn't quite seam together as nice as we'd like them to, or think they should.

Your comment was very much adequate, no answer was thought to be forthcoming at this juncture, however I do want to ask you some questions in my next post, If thats' okay with you?


Stranger, (Isa 28:10-11)

Bobcat
Posts: 3353
Joined: 7 years ago

Re: Sin is EGO

#23 Post by Bobcat » 1 week ago

Hi Stranger,

Simplyme's post also made me think of this thread. As they say, 'great minds think alike.'


Bobcat

simplyme
Posts: 158
Joined: 4 years ago

Re: Sin is EGO

#24 Post by simplyme » 1 week ago

Stranger thanks for organizing it in this thread. I’ll try to answer any of your questions. I’m just a person trying to figure out things like everyone else.

Stranger
Posts: 1938
Joined: 3 years ago

Re: Sin is EGO

#25 Post by Stranger » 1 week ago

simplyme wrote:
1 week ago
I’m just a person trying to figure out things like everyone else.
Hi Simplyme,

That's an echo I can recognize the harmony of. Reread the posts from last year and in post# 11 I had some questions. Basically the same questions would apply now as did then. Please be assured I'm not expecting a scientifically proven answer, even if you could just relate how you feel would be adequate, that's how we get to know and grow together.

Ego, the inner self, the voice within, the little birdie in your ear, etc. etc., just like the rest of the body, is to be kept in a "checked" stronghold and not put in the position of stalemate jailbait.

I don't rely on a belief system either Simplyme, you say you're on a journey, I say you're on a tour of duty and it's not your first. One thing I know to be true after all my past and present journeys and tours is that, I don't want to leave this Earth not knowing God's Son, it will be Hell that I entereth.



Stranger, (Col 3:25 KJV)

simplyme
Posts: 158
Joined: 4 years ago

Re: Sin is EGO

#26 Post by simplyme » 1 week ago

First let me clarify a few things from my point of view. As a theory I see all of us made up of two distinct entities, the child of God and the ego. Both very much alive and intelligent.

The child of God is eternal and powerful, living in love. The ego is in a desperate life of survival and deception. It’s a narcissist. Both are living in this physical body we have. To be clear we should love this child of God that we are and be proud of it in humility. This is not the ego.

If the mind is being used in the present to experience life, it’s being used as it should. If the mind is dwelling in the past or looking to the future with fear, worry and stress, it is being used by the ego. It’s what we call the subconscious and scientists say it controls us 90-95% of our conscious day. Who knows what happens in sleep.

Freud called this the ID. Carl Jung called it the Shadow. Peterson today calls it the Nazi that is in us. It’s my contention that these are all the same as what the Bible calls the Sin that is in us.


The “inner self, the voice within, the little birdie in your ear” IMO is the child of God. It is also what we term as intuition or an inner knowing or a I knew it in my gut. It is what religion and society tells us to not listen to. This is not the heart. The heart, like the mind, seems to be a mixed bag. It can be used by either entity.

It’s interesting you said “I say you're on a tour of duty and it's not your first. One thing I know to be true after all my past and present journeys and tours”. This also resonates with me. I wish you would expound on that.

Marina
Posts: 2157
Joined: 5 years ago

Re: Sin is EGO

#27 Post by Marina » 1 week ago

Hi Simplyme

The id is not Freud's ego. Also, super-ego looks like its God's priorities and values which Freud is twisting into 'societal norms'. So 'God' is undefined and his priorities and values default to group behavior.
Freudian school
Main article: Id, ego, and super-ego
Sigmund Freud, the father of psychoanalysis, believed that the psyche—he used the word Seele ('soul', but also 'psyche') throughout his writings—was composed of three components:[14]

The id, which represents the instinctual drives of an individual and remains largely unconscious.It does not respect the rules of society.
The super-ego, which represents a person's conscience and their internalization of societal norms and morality.
The ego, which is conscious and serves to integrate the drives of the id with the prohibitions of the super-ego. Freud believed this conflict to be at the heart of neurosis.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Psyche_(psychology)
Freud - Lord of the Rings. Do you think they felt privileged to have been one of his students?
https://www.imj.org.il/en/exhibitions/freud-rings

Wonder if he ever washed their feet?

(Luke 22:24-26) . . .However, there also arose a heated dispute among them over which one of them seemed to be greatest. 25 But he said to them: “The kings of the nations lord it over them, and those having authority over them are called Benefactors. 26 You, though, are not to be that way. But let him that is the greatest among YOU become as the youngest, and the one acting as chief as the one ministering. . .

(John 13:12-14) . . .When, now, he had washed their feet and had put his outer garments on and laid himself down at the table again, he said to them: “Do you know what I have done to you? 13 you address me, ‘Teacher,’ and, ‘Lord,’ and you speak rightly, for I am such. 14 Therefore, if I, although Lord and Teacher, washed your feet, you also ought to wash the feet of one another. . .
Marina

Stranger
Posts: 1938
Joined: 3 years ago

Re: Sin is EGO

#28 Post by Stranger » 1 week ago

simplyme wrote:
1 week ago
First let me clarify a few things from my point of view. As a theory I see all of us made up of two distinct entities, the child of God and the ego. Both very much alive and intelligent.

The child of God is eternal and powerful, living in love. The ego is in a desperate life of survival and deception. It’s a narcissist. Both are living in this physical body we have. To be clear we should love this child of God that we are and be proud of it in humility. This is not the ego.

If the mind is being used in the present to experience life, it’s being used as it should. If the mind is dwelling in the past or looking to the future with fear, worry and stress, it is being used by the ego. It’s what we call the subconscious and scientists say it controls us 90-95% of our conscious day.
Hi Simplyme,

" We can make our plans, but the Lord determines our steps". (Pr 16:1,9)

Subconscious, as you well know, can be a determining factor of an individual's consciousness. And to be clear as to the way I feel is that the ego is not always in survival and deception mode. To me, God would have to be far away from me and I from Him, for me to feel that desperate. (Fortunately some things are written in Stone.)

Don't take me wrong, the ego is a fine survival tool, once or twice refined, even up to seven times. (Ps 12:6)

simplyme wrote:
1 week ago
The “inner self, the voice within, the little birdie in your ear” IMO is the child of God. It is also what we term as intuition or an inner knowing or a I knew it in my gut. It is what religion and society tells us to not listen to. This is not the heart. The heart, like the mind, seems to be a mixed bag. It can be used by either entity.

The "gut" in my opinion moves us to another part of the anatomy that can override the Heart and the Mind depending on the level of fear developing at the ego, but it is the Heart that sprouts wisdom to give strength to one's Soul to defend off such fear that does not come from the Lord. (Ps 22:14 KJV)

simplyme wrote:
1 week ago
It’s interesting you said “I say you're on a tour of duty and it's not your first. One thing I know to be true after all my past and present journeys and tours”. This also resonates with me. I wish you would expound on that.

I appreciate the interest, I'll try to get some notes formatted together that may or may not compliment your knowledge of this " gut wrenching" subject.

It would be nice to know your true feelings about the Bible as well and how much confidence you have in it, and once that's established it should be no problem for the tour guide to start the tour.


Stranger, (1Cor 12:25)


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JE074HGYB84

simplyme
Posts: 158
Joined: 4 years ago

Re: Sin is EGO

#29 Post by simplyme » 1 week ago

Stranger
It seems that you are creating a diversion to escape talking about a subject you brought up...

Stranger
Posts: 1938
Joined: 3 years ago

Re: Sin is EGO

#30 Post by Stranger » 1 week ago

simplyme wrote:
1 week ago
Stranger
It seems that you are creating a diversion to escape talking about a subject you brought up...

No, not at all. I'm sorry you feel that way. I've been setting the stage, getting the bus cleaned and tuned up, which I can assure you I'll be the first one on it and ready to ride, I'll even drive it if the need arises, but for now I see no need to become pathologically anxious.

What happened? I asked you to state your position on the Bible and what I feel happened is that I struck one of your anti Christian unconscious nerves.

You had no problem with letting me know how you feel about Freud and the rest of those guys who have a fascination for the literary celebration of Satanic power.

In any case I'm still here, with no hard feelings, I hope you can say the same.


Stranger, inverting Not diverting.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests