What do you think will be the final outcome of the Corona Virus?

Chat about anything you like here that doesn't fit under Bible Doctrines. Keep the subjects clean and refreshing to all.
Forum rules
Matt 18:6; Eccl 7:9; 1 Pet 4:8 (If you're not sure what they say then please hover over them with your mouse or look them up in your own Bible before posting)
Daniel12

What do you think will be the final outcome of the Corona Virus?

#1 Post by Daniel12 » 1 year ago

:D

If you keep up with the different news outlets, you will get different expert views.

"It's Bad" :o

"It's Not that Bad" :lol:

"It's spreading like the black plague" :eek:

"It hasn't spread that much" :whistle:

One thing we know for sure---there is no vaccine. If you get the virus----Either your body is healthy enough to survive or NOT. :?

What do you all feel will be the end result?

According to some estimates between 30 - 40 percent of the world population died of the Black Death Virus in the 1300s?

The trend of recent research is pointing to a figure more like 45–50% of the European population dying during a four-year period.

75–80% of the population, in Germany and England but others say as as low as 20%

Remember though that there was a difference in world population.

According to some estimates the world population was under 500 million persons.

Today we have close to 8 Billion.

Today most people live in close quarter cities with millions.

An outbreak in a several cities around the world could easily result in 30% death toll in a matter of a few weeks. Totaling over 2 billion deaths world wide.

On the other hand a vaccine could immediately stop the virus from spreading.

What do you all think?

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

Genesis

Re: What do you think will be the final outcome of the Corona Virus?

#2 Post by Genesis » 1 year ago

The final outcome of the Coronavirus will be that it will pass as all things pass. Until Christ comes that will be the way of all things and all people.

Bobcat

#3 Post by Bobcat » 1 year ago

Here is the Event 201 web page. Their statement about the Event 201 scenario and the actual Covid-19 pandemic suggests a possible 65 million casualties world-wide. Those figures suggest something near the spanish flu (but proportionally smaller).

Myself, I think it is too early to tell. A big question mark is spring and what effect it will have on the virus. I also think the death figures you present are way too large. 45-50 % of the European population - that's what you might expect in a nuclear war scenario. Way too large for this. I am expecting Europe to play a significant role during the coming "great earthquake." (Rev 16:18; 17:12-13) That's one of the reasons I don't think this will be anywhere near as catastrophic as the figures in your post. I also agree with Apollos on Mt 24:6. I take Mt 24:4-35 as fulfilled in the 1st century towards the Jews. But I also understand that there is a pattern in it that compares well with what Revelation predicts. And thus, there is good reason to understand Covid-19 and other great plagues that have happened since the 1st century as being an indication that, "the end is not yet."

Also, the worse it gets, the governments can/will speed up vaccine trials to get something out. Peace time safety will be sacrificed for the situation.

That's my take, anyways. The figures in your link show a 3.65 % death rate so far. Of course, for anyone in those figures it has already been catastrophic. But you asked what we "think." And as they say in those lawyer commercials, 'this post should not be construed as describing your specific case.' There are a lot of unknowns yet.

Here is an informational page on how many and who.

Linking this thread with John S' thread here.

Bobcat

Daniel12

#4 Post by Daniel12 » 1 year ago

Hey Bobcat

Thanks for all those links, I'll start reading them. :)

Bruno

#6 Post by Bruno » 1 year ago

50% of the us population could become infected with at least 1 million mostly elderly dead.

https://www.thinkglobalhealth.org/artic ... -americans

In Europe they expect about 70% of the population to become infected at some stage. All depends on how the virus responds to warmer weather in the coming months.
Karl

Daniel12

#7 Post by Daniel12 » 1 year ago

Bruno wrote
50% of the us population could become infected with at least 1 million mostly elderly dead.
I don't care what they say, I'm staying home till things cool down. Already stocked up on non-perishable food that will last us close to a year. ;)

Bobcat

#8 Post by Bobcat » 1 year ago

For any interested, there is a link in this post to a US government simulation called Dark Winter. (Look for the highlighted words about 2/3s of the way down in the post.) The simulation was a biological attack scenario. But there would be similarities with a pandemic that was out of control, especially on the social level. (There is a PDF out there that describes the simulation. It should be in the "external links" section at the bottom of the above Wikipedia link.)

Bobcat

Daniel12

#9 Post by Daniel12 » 1 year ago

:D

Here is a good explanation on how the Virus spreads quickly. Note that at the end of the video it's made clear that if people worry about the virus, they will take extreme measures like avoid crowds, avoid associating, wash hand constantly, avoid traveling, etc., and the virus eventually dies.

If people don't take it seriously, they will travel, they will associate, they will continue doing normal things like going to movies, festivals, church, Kingdom Hall, the memorial, conventions, door to door to preach the kingdom-------and the virus will grow exponentially.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_cont ... e=emb_logo

Daniel12

#10 Post by Daniel12 » 1 year ago

Here's a video to the Dark Winter Bobcat was referring to in case you don't like to read and just want to spend 3 minutes briefing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tat6BZqlyDo