Bible Study Resources

Chat about anything you like here that doesn't fit under Bible Doctrines. Keep the subjects clean and refreshing to all.
Forum rules
Matt 18:6; Eccl 7:9; 1 Pet 4:8 (If you're not sure what they say then please hover over them with your mouse or look them up in your own Bible before posting)
AmosAu2

Re: Bible Study Resources

#31 Post by AmosAu2 » 2 years ago

Hi Bobcat,

Thanks for the article. I have downloaded it & will take a look at it very soon.

Regards, Amos.

apollos0fAlexandria

#32 Post by apollos0fAlexandria » 2 years ago

jo-el wrote:
2 years ago
A flip flop book, that's exactly what I need! :)
I'll download it later.
The "Scholastic Dishonesty" doc was still available and I grabbed that. But this link to the flip-flop book was broken for me.

And a flip-flop book just sounds like something one should have in any collection :D

If anyone has a fresh link please do share it.

jo-el

#33 Post by jo-el » 2 years ago

I found it last night just searching for the file name. It was posted on an exJW forum somewhere. I can upload it also if needed.

FaithafterDeception

#34 Post by FaithafterDeception » 2 years ago

apollos0fAlexandria wrote:
2 years ago
jo-el wrote:
2 years ago
I'll download it later.
Hi Apollos,

Today I read your article: "Was there ever a time when the Son did not exist?" and I'd like to express my appreciation. I am a friend of "Spencer Tyler's" (Healing through the Word of God", and I have great respect for her and her ministry.

I feel very moved to encourage you. That may sound rather strange, as I don't know you at all, but I resonated with a lot of things you said.

"Perfect love casts out all fear". That is the verse I want to give you today.

GodsWordIsTruth

#35 Post by GodsWordIsTruth » 2 years ago

FaithafterDeception wrote:
2 years ago
apollos0fAlexandria wrote:
2 years ago
jo-el wrote:
2 years ago
I'll download it later.
Hi Apollos,

Today I read your article: "Was there ever a time when the Son did not exist?" and I'd like to express my appreciation. I am a friend of "Spencer Tyler's" (Healing through the Word of God", and I have great respect for her and her ministry.

I feel very moved to encourage you. That may sound rather strange, as I don't know you at all, but I resonated with a lot of things you said.

"Perfect love casts out all fear". That is the verse I want to give you today.

Hi Emily !
I
That article changed my life...and that is what put me on the path of getting out of the religion. :hearteyes:

I am very happy that I get to read it all the time!

love,
Shannon

Bobcat

Re: Bible Study Resources - Strong's Tree Searcher (Word Study)

#36 Post by Bobcat » 2 years ago

Interesting word study tool here. Based on Strong's dictionary.

Bobcat

apollos0fAlexandria

#37 Post by apollos0fAlexandria » 2 years ago

I'm quoting Bobcat from another thread because I think this info lives here too ...
Bobcat wrote:
2 years ago

Just as an aside, your thread (this one) encouraged me to bite the bullet and obtain the NIDOTTE (2012 ed.). It is a bit cheaper than TDOT (boy howdy, is it ever!) and HALOT, but represents more recent Hebrew scholarship. It fills an open spot in my personal library.

It represents 100 and some McD's ice teas. I'll live, I guess. :D

For any interested in their personal library, this one (TWOT) is cheap and coded to Strong's. And much more thorough than Strong's. And you don't have to give up quite so many McD's ice teas. 8-)
:D

Bobcat

Re: Bible Study Resources - TDOT

#38 Post by Bobcat » 2 years ago

Thanks Apollos,

I shoulda put it here also. But I also wanted LRW to know that I got something lasting from her thread.

Bobcat

And boy was I shocked at the price of TDOT! You gotta be really hard core to pay that! Maybe sell a few children :crazy:

(Mine are grown up now, so they're safe.)

apollos0fAlexandria

#39 Post by apollos0fAlexandria » 2 years ago

Hi Bobcat

That price truly is eye-watering :shock:

The only thing I've purchased in hard copy in the past couple of years is my ESV Study Bible, which I'm very happy with.

Although I love hard copy books I just don't have space for them any more. Furthermore I certainly wouldn't have budget for a set like TDOT. If a good friend had a set he might find me visiting more often though :)

Apollos

leaving_quietly

#40 Post by leaving_quietly » 2 years ago

I can almost guarantee WTBTS has all those expensive ones. I remember their library back at WT Farms when I was there in the early 90s. That was extensive, yet paled in comparison to what they had in NYC. Donations don't just go to lawsuits and building, but into their library, too. You know, all those books we'd be hauled into the back room for owning... ;)