What do you think is the cause why people turn to Atheism?

Chat about anything you like here that doesn't fit under Bible Doctrines. Keep the subjects clean and refreshing to all.
Forum rules
Matt 18:6; Eccl 7:9; 1 Pet 4:8 (If you're not sure what they say then please hover over them with your mouse or look them up in your own Bible before posting)
Marina

Re: What do you think is the cause why people turn to Atheism?

#71 Post by Marina » 1 year ago

Thanks Amos - you've got me wondering about Khazar's now.

I looked them up and found the name Hasdai ibn Shaprut in 926 - which is a bit like another Shem Tob had - Shem Tob ben Isaac ibn Shaprut . Shem Tob was the one who came up with the wrong word that I discussed with Brother 50%.
926 Hasdai ibn Shaprut (this maybe his birth date) at some stage before 975 became court physician to Abd al-Rahman III who found him a great diplomat. Hasdai had unusual knowledge of Latin and this enabled him to negotiate successfully with the Christian emperors of East and West and the Christian kings and princes of Spain. He brought the Talmudic learning of Babylon to Spain and the first knowledge of the converted kingdom of the Khazars.

1385 Shem Tob ben Isaac ibn Shaprut - Did the Hebrew copy of possibly the original book of Matthew written in Hebrew
Regarding the brother who helped me, when he became a Jehovah's Witness, his father held a funeral for him.

The connection with Russian Jews in England appears to be via Manchester where early synagogues were built such as this one (Spanish and Portuguese).
Cheetham Hill Spanish Portuguese Synagogue
The former Spanish and Portuguese Synagogue on Cheetham Hill Road is now Manchester Jewish Museum. It is the only Jewish Museum outside London and is housed in the oldest surviving synagogue building in Manchester, completed in 1874.
It is a beautiful example of Victorian architecture, executed in Moorish style. Particularly noteworthy are the splendid stained glass windows and the distinctive cast-iron fitments.
There is a further Jewish/Manchester connection with my ex-congregation. A relative of one who took the lead in throwing me out is from a Russian Jewish family that has close ties with Theosophy. Theosophy came from Russia via Madam Blavatsky, the daughter of Russian Colonel, Peter Alexeyeivich von Hahn, and cousin of Sergei Witte, latter prime minister and friend of Rasputin.

:sheep:
Marina

AmosAu3

#72 Post by AmosAu3 » 1 year ago

Hi Phoebe,

Sorry but I missed your reply earlier.

I've developed the view that we are more likely to understand prophecy AFTER it is fulfilled. That is historically.
I've also come to understand that it is folly to try to predict the fulfillment of bible prophecy. This is a rather recent view that I've come to realize.
Since about the early 1800's, the attempt to predict biblical prophecy has really taken on a frenzy by far too many. I've come to realize that most bible prophecy was in fact fulfilled during the first century AD, with very little yet to happen. This was the original view by the bulk of believers up & until John Nelson Darby. Darby's deceptions came from the Jesuit teachings & was taken up with many fringe religious movements in various forms.

Keep up the good work.

Regards, Amos.

AmosAu3

#73 Post by AmosAu3 » 1 year ago

Hi Marina,

There is so much that I've been learning from good historical records.

With the Khazar's, most of these are not related to the children of Abraham, but converted to Judaism. I don't want to say too much on the open forum as it could be very inflammatory. I'll email you some information.

I'm still in the process of trying to determine what it is all about, & where it may end up.

Regards, Amos.

Marina

#74 Post by Marina » 1 year ago

Hi Amos, thank you for the information.

See what you think of this - I can tell you that all the Watchtower's false teachings go back to Sufism. Sufism is a type of Moslem religion. Theo Sufism is the religion of Madam Blavatsky. She was led by Mazzini (who set up the Mafia) and was in with Garibaldi.

So it could be that some who claim to be Jews are actually Moslem/Sufis. Or they want to turn others into Moslem/Sufis to keep them endlessly busy working for them. That's the 1984/We (Zamyatin) idea of everyone being on a schedule or table of hours.

At some point in history the Jews did have an easier time in Spain under the Arabs rather than the Spanish Inquisition.

From my own studies, Sufism connects to Dante and Byron. For a while Dante ideas were associated with the Fransciscans (St Francis and the animals). Dante was captivated by philosophy and personified her as a woman. The Franciscans is also a nick-name for the Hell Fire Club of Earl Despencer (circa mid 1700s) and Benjamin Franklin and (I think) dilletante Thomas Jefferson were members. I think Jefferson was an atheist but he said that if he had to choose a belief system it would be the beliefs of Unitairian Joseph Priestly (who was a nice man from what I have read). Joseph Priestly was a Christian who did not belive in the immortality of the soul and knew enough Hebrew to understand that God's name was Jehovah. He had to flee from his home in UK and went to America.

Unitarian is also associated with Deism but I don't get the impression that Priestly was a Deist. But possibly what Jefferson meant was that he, Jefferson would be a Deist if he had to choose something.

Regarding your note to Phoebe and the 1800s/Darby - the new idea flourished because Napoleon made things easier for the Jews.
Marina

AmosAu3

#75 Post by AmosAu3 » 1 year ago

Hi Marina,

Very interesting thoughts all round.

I believe that Blavatski had a connection with Westcott and Hort who supplied the master text for the NWT. Westcott and Hort were very heavily into various sectors of the occult. Blavatski was reputed to have used some of the W & H writings as a basis for her own Theosophical designs. (When I was writing Westcott & Hort, I almost put "Smith & Wesson" as I believe these 2 individuals have killed so many people with their devilish master text of the New Testament.)

Some very interesting information about the Sufi/Deist connections as well.

It makes me ashamed to think of my involvement with such a religious institution as the WTS.

Re; Napoleon, Most have no idea that Napoleon was planning a takeover of Jerusalem & then to hand it back to the Jews. This was right at the end & just before Berthier deposed the Pope.

Regards, Amos.

Marina

#76 Post by Marina » 1 year ago

Wow there's so much there Amos that I want to reply to - can't do it all - too much.

But - Prince Andrew/Sunningdale
The Duke of York used a complicated tax avoidance scheme to save up to £6 million in tax on the profit he made on sale of his home to a Kazahk billionaire for £15 million, it can be revealed. Prince Andrew sold the five acre property to an offshore trust which belonged to Timur Kulibayev, the billionaire son-in-law of the Kazakh president, Nursultan Nazarbayev, who he had entertained as part of his Government role as Britain’s trade ambassador. Kulibayev has a child with Andrew’s socialite friend Goga Ashkenazi.

Prince Andrew tax avoidance Kazakh friends From report 12 March 2011 - Daily Telegraph
I assume the news about Prince Andrew and Jeffry Epstein is reaching you in Australia.
Marina

Orchid61

#77 Post by Orchid61 » 1 year ago

What a spidersweb! But in the end all will be revealed.

And then honesty and LOVE will be the rule under Jesus Christ.

Loooking so forward to that time !

Love to all, :hearteyes:
Maria

Stranger

#78 Post by Stranger » 1 year ago

Orchid61 wrote:
1 year ago
What a spidersweb! But in the end all will be revealed.

And then honesty and LOVE will be the rule under Jesus Christ.

Loooking so forward to that time !

Love to all,
Maria
Hi Maria,

Your comment reminded me of some song lyrics that go something like this:

"Talk and song from tongues of lilting grace, whose sounds caress my ear. But not a word could I relate, the story was quite clear.
They talk of days for which they sit and wait and all will be revealed." (Kashmir, by Led Zeppelin)

Stranger, (Is 53:1 KJV)

Bruno

#79 Post by Bruno » 1 year ago

Marina wrote:
1 year ago

I said to him, "you are like Brother 50%'s twin." "Yes but I am nicer." He replied with a big grin on his face. I think Brother 50% was close by. I nodded and said, "yes you are." Their voices were exactly the same.

Great video Marina :)

Your videos are going from strength to strength! You have a great grasp of technology :ugeek:
Karl

Marina

#80 Post by Marina » 1 year ago

Thank you Bruno, just doing the Spanish version :)
Marina