What do you think is the cause why people turn to Atheism?

Chat about anything you like here that doesn't fit under Bible Doctrines. Keep the subjects clean and refreshing to all.
Forum rules
Matt 18:6; Eccl 7:9; 1 Pet 4:8 (If you're not sure what they say then please hover over them with your mouse or look them up in your own Bible before posting)
John S

Re: What do you think is the cause why people turn to Atheism?

#61 Post by John S » 1 year ago

That’s right Bruno....

Its all about the beans. The ‘beans’ are the teachings of Christ. We must READ these, and accept the clear message, not distort the message into the exact opposite of the intent Jesus emphasized.

I just finished reading Matthew chapters 21-23.

Three bowls of beans showing the evil intentions of the Scribes and Pharisees. They hated Jesus because he did heal the blind, lame and sick. Not just a few...but practically all who gathered before him...hundreds if not more , likely.

What wicked people these were! The sufferings of others they ignored, although wealthy themselves, and they could have helped the condition of their flocks.

What did Jesus say to them...directly?

“Even so, ye also outwardly appear righteous unto men but within ye are FULL of hypocrisy and iniquity.” Matt. 23:28

“Ye serpents, ye generation of vipers, how can you escape the damnation of hell?”...

Then he describes what these hateful, evil men would do next:

“ Wherefore behold, I send unto you prophets, and wise men, and scribes: and some of them ye shall kill and crucify: and some of them shall ye scourge in your synagogues, and persecute them from city to city:

“That upon you may come all the righteous blood shed upon the earth, from the blood of righteous Abel unto the blood of Zacharias , son of Barachias, whom ye slew between the temple and the altar.

“Verily I say unto you, All these things shall come upon this generation.” Matt. 23

And so Jesus condemned these murderers to annihilation in Hell. And his prophecies concerning their murder of him came true, when Jerusalem was destroyed. These wicked men who killed the prophets, and Christ and his Christian followers in Jerusalem and around about were later themselves destroyed by the Romans.

A direct judgment from God, the master of the vineyard who sent his son into the vineyard to collect the fruit. ( Matt. 22:7)

Yes Bruno.....these are the seeds of truth...the beans. The words and teachings, and prophecies of Christ, and his condemnation of murderers and hypocrites , and the judgment that came upon them of death.

So when you and others say, “oh , brother John...we will pray for you so God will open your eyes with this problem you have of saying God will judge and destroy people....”

i say....hey, don’t put on such a show. Only foolish person who cannot read is fooled by this mock - sympathy. I’m getting my instructions straight from the source:

“Verily I say unto thee....” no.....I’m for Christ, and One with his teachings. Your criticism doesn’t phase me one bit.

Bruno

#62 Post by Bruno » 1 year ago

John S wrote:
1 year ago
That’s right Bruno....

Its all about the beans. The ‘beans’ are the teachings of Christ. We must READ these, and accept the clear message, not distort the message into the exact opposite of the intent Jesus emphasized.

I just finished reading Matthew chapters 21-23.

Three bowls of beans showing the evil intentions of the Scribes and Pharisees. They hated Jesus because he did heal the blind, lame and sick. Not just a few...but practically all who gathered before him...hundreds if not more , likely.

What wicked people these were! The sufferings of others they ignored, although wealthy themselves, and they could have helped the condition of their flocks.
John I think we can reconcile our beans.

Saul was one of those Pharisees who hated Jesus and persecuted his followers. He described himself as being the worst among them
What did Jesus say to them...directly?

“Even so, ye also outwardly appear righteous unto men but within ye are FULL of hypocrisy and iniquity.” Matt. 23:28

“Ye serpents, ye generation of vipers, how can you escape the damnation of hell?”...

Saul was on his way to hell unless he repented and turned around. The question is, could Jesus find a way to turn him around?

You and I both know the answer 8-)

Yes Bruno.....these are the seeds of truth...the beans. The words and teachings, and prophecies of Christ, and his condemnation of murderers and hypocrites , and the judgment that came upon them of death.

So when you and others say, “oh , brother John...we will pray for you so God will open your eyes with this problem you have of saying God will judge and destroy people....”

i say....hey, don’t put on such a show. Only foolish person who cannot read is fooled by this mock - sympathy. I’m getting my instructions straight from the source:

“Verily I say unto thee....” no.....I’m for Christ, and One with his teachings. Your criticism doesn’t phase me one bit.
John the only difference between your beans and my beans, is that your beans believe Jesus will ultimately fail to lead all to repentance. Because of this, you are ready to give up on the worst among humankind a little toooo early. I'm just going to hang in there a little longer. Great things can happen in the championship rounds John.

King James Bible
The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.

Never give up John. There is always a way!

New Living Translation
Put on salvation as your helmet, and take the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God.

Karl

John S

#63 Post by John S » 1 year ago

Ok good.

I’m in agreement with you. We have some time left for all the world. The prophecies at Rev. 11 say a final great witness for Christ and The Father will be delivered at the end. This is concurrent with the Devil’s mass campaign of terror with the Wild Beast compelling all the earth to receive some kind of mind altering ‘mark of the beast’.

During that time, when the ‘Two Witnesses’ put on a show of power for goodness and Christianity, I’m sure we will all be incarcerated together, and in the same boat....all rounded up and expected to be executed. Those who belong to Christ will be executed according to the Revelation.

Then, the ones who refused the mark, and put faith in Christ will be saved and live through the execution of the evildoers.

This is the clear message .

So, we shall have survivors who are not heaven bound, and these will enter the 1000 year initial phase of the earthly rule.

No, Father and Christ know the hearts of all men. They will eliminate only the evil ones.

Bruno

#64 Post by Bruno » 1 year ago

John S wrote:
1 year ago
Ok good.

I’m in agreement with you. We have some time left for all the world.
And God's got all the time in the world :)

John I knew we would reconcile things.

No, Father and Christ know the hearts of all men. They will eliminate only the evil ones.
We had better make sure there are no unrepentant evildoers left to be eliminated. John you know the unbelieving are counted among the evildoers :shock:

King James Bible
But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.

That's why its our job to follow Jesus's example and convince everyone to believe in God's all conquering never ending love ;) 1 Corinthians 13:7-8

New International Version John 20:27
Then he said to Thomas, "Put your finger here; see my hands. Reach out your hand and put it into my side. Stop doubting and believe."

Thomas replied, “My Lord and my God!”
Karl

John S

#65 Post by John S » 1 year ago

Well, Karl....

We agreed . Like Jesus said, ‘all things are possible if you have faith.’ ;)

AmosAu3

#66 Post by AmosAu3 » 1 year ago

Phoebe wrote:
1 year ago
Dear Amos,

Your thoughts did that ‘amplifying’ thing in my heart, that I was banging on about earlier in this same thread. 😎

And these following words guarantee a heart response...

‘Forgive then Father, they know not what they do”

Imagine. Jesus - the SON of GOD, blameless, subjected to an excruciating and tortuous death, jeered at, ogled at.
Possibly by folk who regularly witnessed these public executions....and saw them as perverse entertainment.

Forgive them. He said.
He said it aloud, he didn’t have to - right?
And if he said ‘forgive them’ - we can sure it wasn’t an uncertain request.
Forgive these cruel unbelievers He said.
And it was done.
Hi Phoebe,

I always enjoy reading your posts. You are always kind & loving. This is the true spirit of our Father & His Son.

I'm currently reading a book about Godly life skills & how believers should live. It's by Rabbi Jonathan Sacks; "To Heal A Fractured World." While it is written directly to the Jewish community, he does encourage of all faiths to read it.
I'm only about 20% into the book & can't believe how vitally important much of what he says is. So far, he has given the true meaning of righteousness from the original Hebrew word. This word has been variously translated into English & has often lost its original meaning in the process.
Jonathan gives a chapter on biblical charity, this really made me take notice of how we have largely missed the point. (Love thy neighbour)

Kind regards, Amos.

Phoebe

#67 Post by Phoebe » 1 year ago

Hi Amos,

I immediately looked up that book on kindle - darn, not there...but other books by Rabbi Sacks.
You’ve got my curiosity, I appreciate good book recommendations.

Hoping and willing what brings the ultimate glory to God is something that keeps the focus on Him.
I’m not ashamed to believe Him when He says all knees will drop and all tongues will confess that our Christ is Lord. With that in mind, it pushes me to work backwards if you like, digging deep to understand what scriptures are pointing to.

He has the power and love to reclaim His messed up creation, in His own time, through His own ‘schedule’ - working through to the ultimate glorious reconciliation.

And as Genesis said earlier ‘there will be tears’.
And I’m still smiling over Marina...ˋLove your disobedient brother - and leave him to me to sort out’

Solid gold 👍

Bruno

#68 Post by Bruno » 1 year ago

John S wrote:
1 year ago
Well, Karl....

We agreed . Like Jesus said, ‘all things are possible if you have faith.’ ;)
I believe we can shake on that John.

Karl

Marina

#69 Post by Marina » 1 year ago

Hi Amos and Phoebe

The talk about Rabbi Sacks reminded me of this.

As you know, I made a video about me being thrown out and someone I nick-named Brother 50%. I guessed Brother 50% was of Russian Jewish origin, whose family came to the UK and settled in Manchester. IF I remember correctly, I put this to him and he confirmed it.

But a brother who was his photocopy (but slimmer) was definitely of Jewish origin. He was a loveable, warm, kind, approachable man who helped me learn Hebrew by giving me some books, including a Hebrew Bible. I asked this one what brought him into the 'truth'. He said it was Daniel 9, the confession of Daniel. He said, "it's true, we did wrong and we got what we deserved."

I said to him, "you are like Brother 50%'s twin." "Yes but I am nicer." He replied with a big grin on his face. I think Brother 50% was close by. I nodded and said, "yes you are." Their voices were exactly the same.

Marina

AmosAu3

#70 Post by AmosAu3 » 1 year ago

Hi Marina,

Thanks for your response. What I have come to understand is that most, but not all Russian Jews are not Jews at all. Most are Khazar's. These are made up from the descendants of Japheth & a mixture of other races including the Mongols. This also applies to most of the Zionist Jews, but not all. Most of these are Khazarian/Japhetic as well, with not an ounce of hereditary claim to the Holy Land.

I'd say that the brother who helped you with the Hebrew, would be one of the genuine Jews. Percentage wise, there are not many of the true Jews alive today.

Regards, Amos.