What do you think is the cause why people turn to Atheism?

Chat about anything you like here that doesn't fit under Bible Doctrines. Keep the subjects clean and refreshing to all.
Forum rules
Matt 18:6; Eccl 7:9; 1 Pet 4:8 (If you're not sure what they say then please hover over them with your mouse or look them up in your own Bible before posting)
Bruno

Re: What do you think is the cause why people turn to Atheism?

#51 Post by Bruno » 1 year ago

John S wrote:
1 year ago
Its not my message.

The prophesy has already gone out into all the earth, for centuries.

Satan and those who are evil- doers....will be annihilated as in a Lake of Fire.

It is THE THEME of the entire Bible.

Hi John,

Satan will be destroyed in the same way Saul was destroyed. But God found a way to spare Paul,1 Corinthians 6:9-11.

This is a trustworthy saying, worthy of full acceptance: Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners, of whom I am the worst. But for this very reason I was shown mercy, so that in me, the worst of sinners, Christ Jesus might display His perfect patience as an example to those who would believe in Him for eternal life.…

John here is Paul's message to you.
Karl

John S

#52 Post by John S » 1 year ago

The scriptural seeds of truth find no fertile soil here.

goghtherefore

#53 Post by goghtherefore » 1 year ago

James 2:19...

"You believe that God is one. You do well; the demons also believe, and shudder."

Why would demons shudder/tremble?

Mark 1:24...

""What business do we have with each other, Jesus of Nazareth? Have You come to destroy us? I know who You are-- the Holy One of God!"

Could one suppose that demons are fully aware of what the definition of the word "destroy" means?

goghtherefore
“This is My Son, My Chosen One; listen to Him!”
Luke 9:35

AmosAu3

#54 Post by AmosAu3 » 1 year ago

Phoebe wrote:
1 year ago
A father would say to his obedient son, "if you love me you would love your disobedient brother. You leave your brother to me and I will sort him out." You get a sense of that in these verses:
The above made me chuckle 🙂
And it’s profoundly insightful.

Love our disobedient brother, and trust our Father knows how to sort him out. Oh yes. 👍
Hi Marina & Phoebe,

These thoughts made me think about the common proverb; "Hate the sin, NOT the sinner."
Another way to express it is; "Hate the sin BUT love the sinner."

Why is this so important? Each person is created in the image & likeness of God. Gen. 1:26-28.
No human alive today is without sin, so we are ALL sinners. What then gives us the right to shun our brother/sister when they sin?

Regards, Amos.

Phoebe

#55 Post by Phoebe » 1 year ago

Dear Amos,

Your thoughts did that ‘amplifying’ thing in my heart, that I was banging on about earlier in this same thread. 😎

And these following words guarantee a heart response...

‘Forgive then Father, they know not what they do”

Imagine. Jesus - the SON of GOD, blameless, subjected to an excruciating and tortuous death, jeered at, ogled at.
Possibly by folk who regularly witnessed these public executions....and saw them as perverse entertainment.

Forgive them. He said.
He said it aloud, he didn’t have to - right?
And if he said ‘forgive them’ - we can sure it wasn’t an uncertain request.
Forgive these cruel unbelievers He said.
And it was done.

Phoebe

#56 Post by Phoebe » 1 year ago

And to the thief.....’you will be with me in paradise’

His last hours/minutes on Earth....he forgave the cruel and seemingly unrepentant wicked and promised paradise to a thief.

I think our Lord has given us great insight into how creation is viewed through His eyes.

John S

#57 Post by John S » 1 year ago

The instructions from the getgo in the Bible are:

Obey God’s commandments and live.

Jesus taught the gospel: repent and you will get life.

There is a vast gulf between evildoers and common sinners who are weak or uneducated.

Evildoers are going to reap what they have sown. They plan ahead for the desires of the flesh regardless of what effect this has to the victims.

The sins of Adam and Eve don’t amount to a drop in a bucket compared to what Satan and his cronies did in invading erth, which the Bible clearly says in Jude and Peter said about them.

Unlike Jesus, who is giving dire warnings to unrepentant sinners , that they are going to Gehenna to burn up.....

This love everyone gospel regardless is giving the token, ‘ get out of jail free’ card to listeners here and people you are preaching to.....but without God’s permission, and against his clear warnings.

Read Acts 2. Clear as a bell. Those who were guilty in the group condemning and crucifixion of Christ were given clear instructions to repent, and turn around asking God’s forgiveness for their sins...get baptized in as Jesus explained, and follow him.

Or they would not be free of their crime. See Acts 3:11-26

Doing nothing...and remaining in our sins is an open highway to more and more sin. God is not handing out eternal life free to all. The opportunity to be found worthy of the upward call is open to all. But only those who repent of sin, and make strong efforts to become one with God through obeying his commands. That is the good news.

Not ‘sanctification of God’s name......like the ones in darkness mentally say.

Phoebe

#58 Post by Phoebe » 1 year ago

Evildoers are going to reap what they have sown.

This is a bible truth.

Each one of us will reap what we sow, and it could be a mixed bag of ‘rewards’ and ‘punishments’ in order to perfect us.

John, it seems to me these discussions have been had many, many times on this forum - and I and others have affirmed we do indeed reap what we sow, God is not to be mocked.

Anyway, I’m sure like many of us, you’d love to see EVERYONE of creation fall ultimately on their knees and love our Lord as is His due.... even if you don’t believe it’s likely!
We’d all love to see our Father’s will to lead all to repentance actually truly happen.

None of us would wish to desire anything different to Him.
Just focussing on the most victorious outcome for our God....that’s all.

Forgive them....Our Saviour said.
It is beautiful isn’t it Brother John?

Bruno

#59 Post by Bruno » 1 year ago

goghtherefore wrote:
1 year ago
James 2:19...

"You believe that God is one. You do well; the demons also believe, and shudder."

Why would demons shudder/tremble?

Mark 1:24...

""What business do we have with each other, Jesus of Nazareth? Have You come to destroy us? I know who You are-- the Holy One of God!"

Could one suppose that demons are fully aware of what the definition of the word "destroy" means?

goghtherefore
Hi goghtherefore,

King James Bible 1 Corinthians 5:5
To deliver such an one unto Satan for the destruction of the flesh, that the spirit may be saved in the day of the Lord Jesus.

King James Bible Matthew 10:28
And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.

Although God is able to destroy both soul and body, He has a track record of destroying the flesh while conserving the soul for a future day, 1 Peter 3:19.

“What is your name?” Jesus asked.

“My name is Legion,” he replied, “for we are many.” And he begged Jesus repeatedly not to send them out of that region.

There on the nearby hillside a large herd of pigs was feeding. So the demons begged Jesus, “Send us to the pigs, so that we may enter them.”

He gave them permission, and the unclean spirits came out and went into the pigs, and the herd of about two thousand rushed down the steep bank into the sea and drowned in the water.

Karl

Bruno

#60 Post by Bruno » 1 year ago

John S wrote:
1 year ago
The scriptural seeds of truth find no fertile soil here.
The soil is fine John. It's all about the beans :)

Karl