Tartarus

Chat about anything you like here that doesn't fit under Bible Doctrines. Keep the subjects clean and refreshing to all.
Forum rules
Matt 18:6; Eccl 7:9; 1 Pet 4:8 (If you're not sure what they say then please hover over them with your mouse or look them up in your own Bible before posting)
AmosAu3

Re: Tartarus

#151 Post by AmosAu3 » 6 months ago

Marina wrote:
6 months ago
I recently bumped into an elder who was working in a shop on the tills. I went through his till and purchased some supplies for an elderly sister in a nursing home. I greeted him and he said, "hello". I asked after his wife and he said she was fine. He knew what had happened to me and I told him I had done nothing wrong and I had remained loyal to Jehovah. As he got the change out for me his hands were visibly shaking. :roll:
Hi Marina,

That's very sad to hear. As the verse says, "There is no fear in (real) love." It could be that he was afraid, for whatever season it was.

Kind regards, Amos.

Marina

#152 Post by Marina » 6 months ago

Amos - the irony being I was on the phone as I went through. The one on the phone, he had baptized. Had he known who that person was, that person he would disfellowship.

Today I was at another till. She is one who is still very much still in. But... she says she knows that what happened to me was wrong. She wants me to come back. She in no way shuns me nor has she ever. She smiled, we chatted - there was no trembling or fear. We discussed Bible and how someone who lost a close relative is being comforted by the scriptures.
Marina

Orchid61

#153 Post by Orchid61 » 6 months ago

Hi Marina,

Maybe he has the onset of Parkinsons disease. Just an idea.

Love 💐
Maria

Marina

#154 Post by Marina » 6 months ago

Hi Maria

Maybe. There are a number of reasons why he could have been trembling.

I just hope he comes to his senses, reads the Bible, listens to his conscience and takes action to distance himself from an organization that pretends to be Christian in order to attack not only Jesus Christ's teachings but also the prophecies in the Old Testament to do with the Messiah.

:flowers:
Marina

Orchid61

#155 Post by Orchid61 » 6 months ago

Hi Marina,
I just hope he comes to his senses, reads the Bible, listens to his conscience and takes action to distance himself from an organization that pretends to be Christian
Yes, we can pray for him to be brave and follow Jesus, instead of 8 men, who think they can
rob Jesus’s flock, and get away with it.

Psalms 146:3

Love
Maria 🙋‍♀️

AmosAu3

#156 Post by AmosAu3 » 6 months ago

Hi Marina,

It could be a case of cognitive dissonance on the part of the elder.

It's nice for you to have some support from the other sister.

Keep your faith strong!

Regards, Amos.

Marina

#157 Post by Marina » 6 months ago

Here they go again - someone else has just been called to a judicial - FOR ABSOLUTELY NO REASON.

But they are really bothered (I mean, really really bothered) that there has been a expressed refusal to wear a facemask at the forthcoming judicial.

IS THIS GOING TO BE THE FIRST PERSON EVER TO BE DISFELLOWSHIPPED BY THE WATCHTOWER FOR NOT WEARING A FACEMASK?

Must be a masquerade.

Marina

Marina

#158 Post by Marina » 4 months ago

So the performers started with this

And ended up with...
Marina

Marina

#159 Post by Marina » 3 months ago

They are holding a special online Christmas day event. All are expected to attend. No pressure but if you don't you look apostate.
Marina

Bobcat

#160 Post by Bobcat » 3 months ago

Who is the "they"? What I mean, is it a local thing, or is the BOrg holding this?

Bobcat