Tartarus

Chat about anything you like here that doesn't fit under Bible Doctrines. Keep the subjects clean and refreshing to all.
Forum rules
Matt 18:6; Eccl 7:9; 1 Pet 4:8 (If you're not sure what they say then please hover over them with your mouse or look them up in your own Bible before posting)
Marina

Re: Tartarus

#161 Post by Marina » 10 months ago

Well, the elders. It is local but maybe happening in other areas. I don't think it has come from the top though.
Marina

Marina

#162 Post by Marina » 8 months ago

Everyone enjoyed the Zoom assembly SOOOO much, no one in the congregation has mentioned it.
Marina

Marina

#163 Post by Marina » 4 months ago

Meet the CoBE

He was gone some years before they threw me out. But he was our CoBE for a time.

At one point, although he does not name her, he mentions Christine and one of our minis.

The sad thing is that had he not done what he did, he might actually have helped all of us. But given where his interests lay, that was never going to happen.

(1 Corinthians 6:18) . . .Flee from fornication. . .

It's wise advice.
Marina

Marina

#164 Post by Marina » 2 months ago

The door-to-door work has been replaced by letter writing and pioneering now requires the services of DHL, Royal Mail or USPS or similar.

But the end result is... I get a card. Sweet. It's got poppies on - its from someone I know. Sweet. Aw, she's lost her husband. That's sad. I knew her husband. Ahh, she wants me to watch the convention. But she says she doesn't know me.

I'll go round and see her. I'll take her some flowers, I know she does not know my address and realize it is me she has written to but at least I can be kind and show I care about her. If she lets me talk I can explain that I am not apostate (as in opposed to Jehovah) but if I can't, at least I can point out that if she writes to that address, she is writing to me.

So I went round and - she wouldn't even take the flowers! And she still does not realise she wrote to me or have any idea why I turned up with those flowers! Oh well. I've got a nice bunch of flowers.

:flowers:

I bet I am the only person who responded to that batch of letters and if she had any others, I bet not one of them turned up on her doorstep with a bunch of flowers.
Marina

Bobcat

#165 Post by Bobcat » 2 months ago

Hi Marina,

If it had been anyone else that had showed up as you did, it would have been an experience worthy of a convention or an assembly. Instead, it might not even be mentioned by the letter writer to anyone else. They're all under the influence of the talk mentioned in this post.

(As I am typing this my wife is on zoom for the CLAM and they are talking about the need to be kind to those in difficult circumstances. It's really sad how the WT has twisted their thinking.)

Bobcat

Marina

#166 Post by Marina » 2 months ago

Do you know what Bobcat - there is a elderly one stuck in a home, used to be the special's constant companion. Before lockdown she had visits from various ones. But she was still capable of going to the meetings - she longed to go to the meetings to see everyone, so I arranged with the matron for her to go. Get it, I did it because no one else took the time to work out what she was wanting. So she went one final time. But of course I could not go with her and no one knew what I had done or how it had come about.

On her wall is a picture of the congregation - all of them smiling as if her best friends. She sees them in the picture - but how many do you think she actually sees in real life? She can hardly remember their names now but she has not forgotten mine because I keep turning up. Good job they never told her I was disfellowshipped or she wouldn't have been getting all the apple juice she is so fond of, and the cheese puffs and the choccies.

For ages now I can only call through the window but the staff move her chair so she can see me through the window and she is able to talk to me.

She is able to talk to me.... get it. With what little hearing she has and what few words she is able to express, she calls back to me and tells me that she loves me.
Marina

Bobcat

#167 Post by Bobcat » 2 months ago

Jas 1:27 :clap:

Bobcat

Marina

#168 Post by Marina » 2 months ago

Thanks Bobcat - yes she should be one of the first things on their minds. Even the special has been put in a bubble with strangers. Cause she's so wanted by the others - she so ...special.

Instead you have sad pioneers writing letters to strangers who will laugh at their letters and the same pioneers are unlikely to venture near the nursing home unless they are allowed to count their time. Besides they'd want to keep safe. :roll:
Marina