Tartarus

Chat about anything you like here that doesn't fit under Bible Doctrines. Keep the subjects clean and refreshing to all.
Forum rules
Matt 18:6; Eccl 7:9; 1 Pet 4:8 (If you're not sure what they say then please hover over them with your mouse or look them up in your own Bible before posting)
Phoebe

Re: Tartarus

#131 Post by Phoebe » 1 year ago

I do seriously feel sorry for those who cannot see the bondage they are under by being in a man made system. I firmly believe that ALL religious systems are man made, that NONE of them have originated from God.

Hi Marina.... sounds like it’s all happening in your part of the world. A big heave-ho.

Amos, my husband would heartily agree with you, re your words.
For me, I’m just puzzled.
I’m not sure what my Father wants of me, in terms of being part of an ‘organised’ church.

I can only say that I was badly burnt ( like so many) by the deceits and the wildly wrong interpretations of the WT.
Christians the world over throughout the many denominations, also get burnt by the same things, along with spiritual abuse and sheer bludgeoning of the soul.
Others find a ‘happy home’ amongst the denominations where they live out reasonably peaceful and fruitful Christian lives. Everyone has such a different experience.

I live in puzzlement and yet wait, breathe, hope and pray.

God is very kind to us.
I have found that he feels very near...
❤️

Marina

#132 Post by Marina » 1 year ago

Hi Phoebe - looks like they flew in x2 ex-COs into my ex-cong once they threw me out. A fair number of people crossed the country, gave up their jobs and brought generations of them families into my ex-cong. These super-power elders have tightened the screw even tighter - but - oh - not quite tight enough. Dear me, it's going to be another massive fail on their part. But awfully funny to watch.

I think some elders who threw poor little me out have lost the will to live, either that or lost the plot.

Still they are enjoying their Zoom meetings and the delight of international speakers whose accents they can't understand. Not enough holy spirit I guess. Normal for them.

:sheep: :flowers: :sheep: :flowers: :sheep:
Marina

Marina

#133 Post by Marina » 1 year ago

Funny how things work out. Some elders are now seeing the writing on the wall.

(Daniel 5:9) . . .Consequently King Belshazzar was very much frightened and his complexion was changing within him; and his grandees were perplexed.

They were unwise to ignore the words of the prophet Daniel. Just as Belshazzar proved unwise.

(Daniel 5:23) . . .But against the Lord of the heavens you exalted yourself, and they brought before you even the vessels of his house; and you yourself and your grandees, your concubines and your secondary wives have been drinking wine from them, and you have praised mere gods of silver and of gold, copper, iron, wood and stone, that are beholding nothing or hearing nothing or knowing nothing; but the God in whose hand your breath is and to whom all your ways belong you have not glorified.
Marina

Phoebe

#134 Post by Phoebe » 1 year ago

Hi Marina,

Hope you have been keeping safe and well through the past couple of months...sounds like it 🙂
Covid certainly hit hard into UK.

How is your friend .... the lady who did a you-tube interview type thing? She’d been treated badly and I think was being pushed out by one of your local congregations.

I have a little contact here and there with fully active JWs... urban myths circulating around the whole Covid thing.
Someone wrote something to me awhile ago... along the lines that the more Jehovah’s Witnesses feel fear, the greater is the shrinking of their love.

It made some sense in response to a recent experience I had.

Take care 💐

Marina

#135 Post by Marina » 1 year ago

Hi Phoebe - you mean Christine.

She's doing great. Whole family out and that's a significant number of people who are very well loved. Ramifications are huge.

Also she has been able to make contact with long lost friends. You know, ones who faded because they knew it was hog-wash and then got separated from the congregation.

Like so many other ex-Watchtower publishers, she's now in a position to support others who are struggling. Just like myself she very happy she got thrown out and would never go back. She'd even say to you, "I don't know why I ever joined." But I say, "it was a crafty lie which played on our ignorance. We had to go through what we did so as to be able to see through it." Now we have been through it, boy what an education we've had. And people pay for education ! :D Don't we just.

So all is well here and long may it stay that way.

Yes the publishers that remain in are suffering from 'shrinking love.' I think there's a risk that many will start to have nervous breakdowns. Or something like. Before they get to that point I hope they'll eat humble pie and finally say, "ok we were wrong." But the higher you are in the organisation the further you have to fall. Pride comes before a fall.
Marina

AmosAu3

#136 Post by AmosAu3 » 1 year ago

Hi Marina,

That's good news about Christine and her family.

In 2009 or 2010 I made the prediction that the WTS would implode on itself. This has been gaining momentum the last couple of years. :dtt-sign:

Regards, Amos.

AmosAu3

#137 Post by AmosAu3 » 1 year ago

Hi Phoebe,

You said the following;

"Amos, my husband would heartily agree with you, re your words.
For me, I’m just puzzled.
I’m not sure what my Father wants of me, in terms of being part of an ‘organised’ church."

I completely understand your thoughts or feelings here. Coming from a cult as we have, it takes a long time to get over the effects we were subjected too.
We all have the need to belong, this is part of our human nature.

Take care sister Phoebe.

Amos.

Marina

#138 Post by Marina » 1 year ago

So a little time has passed. For some time they had not seen me. Yes they heard the announcement that I had been disfellowshipped. And then...

Oh you should have seen them when they saw me again. How they hugged me and held me close. How they smiled. And how... to be continued :shh:
Marina

AmosAu3

#139 Post by AmosAu3 » 1 year ago

Hi Phoebe,

I should explain a little more in relation to my last reply to you.

I have said here a number of times that all religion is from our adversary....BUT I've also said that we should be free to attend any church or fellowship we feel drawn to.

I still believe that both of these statements still stand. I would have no problems myself walking into any church that I was drawn to. I've done this a number of times in the past.

Just 2 weeks ago, I was involved in the formation of a very small (6 persons) group without any affiliations with a denomination. We were of course, previously entrenched in several denominations, but have seen the need to leave all earthly organized religious movements. One couple are ex CT Russell Bible Students, another couple are ex Catholic turned Baptist, then Pentecostal and his wife ex Dutch Reformed turned Pentecostal. A sister who was raised a JW but was never a member. Then myself, a born in, now ex JW.

We all have the same understanding of the importance of the Torah (Pentateuch) PLUS the whole bible. We read a portion from the Torah, then some of the Prophets and NT, currently Matthew. There is always plenty of open and free discussion. We very firmly believe this was possibly the way the early (1st century) believers met and studied. Three of us have done intensive research into the early disciples ministry. We just love it and look forward to the next weeks Sabbath meeting.

Phoebe, I must apologize for not going into more detail sooner, but I was very much out of sorts the last couple of weeks.

BTW, there is another couple nearby who are looking forward to joining us in the near future.

Regards, Amos.

Phoebe

#140 Post by Phoebe » 1 year ago

Hi Amos,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your views and also the developments with those other believers.
An interesting mix 🙂

Like you, I have attended a few church meetings.
And I intend to visit churches as I feel attracted.
I often listen to or view online sermons that are on church websites.
It’s all very thought provoking and it moves one’s heart to appreciate that there are Christians in every locality striving to live a prayerful life in service.

One church I visited for over a year, before moving from the area. I found some lovely Christian friends there.
It amused and delighted me that the Pastor would sometimes begin an instructive and scriptural ‘sermon’ with something like... ‘Well, my in-box was pretty full after last weeks sermon with your views! I appreciate we won’t always agree, and I thank you for listening’

The point being, he expected and knew that his congregation would respond and discuss scriptural points of interest - with no fear if they disagreed or had pointed questions. Here there was no parrot-repetition.
Healthy I think.
I liked that little church.

Take care Amos,
Looks like we’re climbing out of the restrictions and enjoying mobility once more!