Tartarus

Chat about anything you like here that doesn't fit under Bible Doctrines. Keep the subjects clean and refreshing to all.
Forum rules
Matt 18:6; Eccl 7:9; 1 Pet 4:8 (If you're not sure what they say then please hover over them with your mouse or look them up in your own Bible before posting)
Marina

Tartarus

#1 Post by Marina » 2 years ago

My club membership ended on Friday evening. So I am no longer welcome in Tartarus. But you know what they are like down there, fickle. So some are terribly upset that I wont take their calls (I thought it was supposed to be the other way round), others feel the club membership is irrelevant and carry on chatting regardless. There are a few wide-eye elders tootling around, looking stunned, someone said they had taken two direct hits by some missiles. But I am only aware of a few letters containing scriptures. Nothing more.

I have given them until June 10th to confirm to me that they are Jehovah's Witnesses (will extend the date if they let me know the time-frame is too tight). If they don't respond, I'll have to assume they have no interest in assuring me of who they are. That leaves me scratching my head wondering who they are. Any ideas? They made a complete distinction between some group that believes in 1914 and the prophet Daniel, seemed to be news to them that prophet Daniel might ever have been a Jehovah's Witness. Seemed to also be news to them that God ever used Daniel as a channel. Certainly the prophet Daniel does not carry the same weight, in their minds, as Mr Stephen Lett.

But when all was pretty much said and done - one of them shook my hand.

:flowers:
Marina

Stranger

Re: Tartarus

#2 Post by Stranger » 2 years ago

Marina wrote,
My club membership ended on Friday evening. So I am no longer welcome in Tartarus.
Hi Marina,

It sounds like you're doing all right!
www.youtube.com/watch?v=d4tSE2w53ts

Stranger,(Acts 28:28)

Orchid61

#3 Post by Orchid61 » 2 years ago

Hello Marina,

Matt. 28:

18 Then Jesus came to them and said, “All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. 19 Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, 20 and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age”.

We are witnesses of Christ and as such Jesus is always with YOU!!!

No Tartarus and we certainly dont want to be welcomed there.

Instead Jesus said:

Rev. 3:

20 Behold, I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I Will come in to him and eat with him,and he with me. 21 The one who conquers, I will grant him to sit with me on my throne, as I also conquered and sat down with my Father on his throne. 22 He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches.’”

Much love,

Maria :sheep: :flowers: :sheep:

Bruno

#4 Post by Bruno » 2 years ago

Marina wrote:
2 years ago
My club membership ended on Friday evening. So I am no longer welcome in Tartarus. But you know what they are like down there, fickle.

But when all was pretty much said and done - one of them shook my hand.

:flowers:
Down in Tartarus they’re addicted to something they just can’t let go off at the moment. Luckily they are a fickle bunch so it is a good idea to leave the light on for them. Sooner or later the light always draws us in, when we‘re thirsty enough.

It’s nice someone shook your hand. It shows there’s still something in there somewhere. I'd call that hope :)

There’s an interesting story about the devil and Tom Walker
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Devil_and_Tom_Walker
Karl

Marina

#5 Post by Marina » 2 years ago

Thanks everyone for your comments. And thanks for your songs Bruno and Stranger. And Bruno, your song said it all. I did what I did because I hope they will get drawn to the light.

At one point I was asked why I was resisting their shepherding. I said "because this isn't shepherding it's clubbing seal pups. You are bullying." Then I looked at the chairman (by the way I wasn't in the "judicial", I didn't attend) and I asked him - "do you love me?" He didn't answer. So I asked again, "do you love me?" Again he didn't answer. By now I was thinking of Jesus' words to Peter, so I think I asked a third time. But it was all to no avail. He never told me he loved me.

But when I left, for them to go and carry out their deplorable act, I turned and I said, "I just want you all to know this, I love you." They just stood and looked back at me. Not one of them said they loved me back.

Of the five men who were to carry out the act, one was sat outside on a low wall. He had not been involve in this hour-long exchange of words before their so-called "judicial." He was rubbing his neck and looked ashen. I went up to him and held his other hand. "I love you Peter," I said. He just replied, "I am in so much pain, I had to take two Tramadol today." I felt sorry for him. Then he said, "I am going to have to have a hip operation." So I replied, "well if they don't disfellowship me, I'll ask you how you are. But if they do, you wont be able to answer me." As I spoke, I thought how bizarre our conversation was. Now as I write this, I realise even he did not say he loved me. Its so chilling. Like a horror movie played out in normal life.
Marina

Phoebe

#6 Post by Phoebe » 2 years ago

Hi Marina,

It sounds like you have really turned the tables - hsbinf made requests for them to be accountable, to demonstrate and prove their 'identity'.
I can only imagine the state of shock many will be experiencing as it sounds like you're known well as a faithful, long serving sister....

Let's hope it makes them 'think' - if only to think over the fact that you're trying to stand for truth.
Let's hope that some will question if it's really OK, safe and secure in their 'world' ... and what is 'security' if there is no allowance for real questions.

They live in obedience to men whom they have never even seen, living by their instructions, following misinterpretations that are seemingly BEYOND the word of God.

Thinking of you Sister,
💐💐💐 ......Love Phoebe x

Phoebe

#7 Post by Phoebe » 2 years ago

At one point I was asked why I was resisting their shepherding. I said "because this isn't shepherding it's clubbing seal pups. You are bullying."
Whst did they say to that?

Marina

#8 Post by Marina » 2 years ago

Well they didn't disagree. They were just silent. Then the elder taking the lead in trying to get me to answer their "judicial" questions surreptitiously just went off down yet another side route. Such as "do you think you are the faithful and discrete slave?" Like what on earth had that got to do with Dan 1:1 and Dan 2:1 which was the issue I was asking them to understand.

I think the Chairman was still reeling from the greeting I had given him, so his silence meant nothing. His eyes were wide and unblinking.
Marina

Marina

#9 Post by Marina » 2 years ago

Oh I also said to them: "Look at me I am alone and you are four. I stand before you four men like Daniel in the lion's den. I am stood before four lions. How is it that I stand so confidently before you? I am alone. But I am not really alone am I? Because Jehovah and Christ Jesus are with me and they cause me to stand."

I cannot really remember but I think the one who later shook my hand nodded.
Marina

Phoebe

#10 Post by Phoebe » 2 years ago

Well they didn't disagree. They were just silent. Then the elder taking the lead in trying to get me to answer their "judicial" questions surreptitiously just went off down yet another side route. Such as "do you think you are the faithful and discrete slave?
Ah now, this is where I believe they really expose what the ‘religion’ centres upon.
I mean - what kind of question is that?
It has nothing to do with the issue you were focusing on.