Bruno’s Videos and various other Thingo’s!

Chat about anything you like here that doesn't fit under Bible Doctrines. Keep the subjects clean and refreshing to all.
Forum rules
Matt 18:6; Eccl 7:9; 1 Pet 4:8 (If you're not sure what they say then please hover over them with your mouse or look them up in your own Bible before posting)
Bruno

Re: Bruno’s Videos and various other Thingo’s!

#21 Post by Bruno » 1 year ago

The 2019 Convention is called" Lover Never Fails"

However, in the minds of the Governing Body (influenced by Judge Rutherford), this is what Love never failing looks like

Maybe God's mind sees things differently, Isaiah 55:7-9

Karl

Stranger

#22 Post by Stranger » 1 year ago

Bruno wrote,
Stranger you got me thinking about C.S Lewis. God didn't come all they way down to then go back up again leaving some of the blind without sight or the prisons half full

"We must lay before him what is in us; not what ought to be in us." (Clive Lewis)

Stranger, (Mt 23:31 KJV)

Stranger

#23 Post by Stranger » 1 year ago

Stranger wrote,

Hebrews 2:14 NIV got me thinking about (Zec 9:11 KJV) Then I also thought about the Flesh and Blood of Jesus Christ that clothes us with the Skin (S'Kin) of Jehovah!

(Is 26:13 KJV) compare (Is 26:4 KJV).
Stranger wrote,

Hey Nicodemus, what do you make of that scripture (Heb 2:14) ? where it says he 'might' destroy the one that has the power of death that is the Devil.

Just asking, is their somewhat of an implication he might not?

I'm interested in what you think about that?

Stranger
Nicodemus wrote,
by Nicodemus » 1 year ago

Stranger
I believe it is fully complete. All sins that were to be paid for past (the OT saints are justified by faith in Jehovah, fulfilled in Jesus), present and future (our sins now and into the future) were paid in those few short hours. It was a mighty display of the infinite power, wrath and and love of of God.

Stranger,

Stranger

#24 Post by Stranger » 1 year ago

Sherlock Holmes and Dr. Watson go on a camping trip. After a good dinner and a bottle of wine, they retire for the night.
Some hours later, Holmes wakes up and nudges his faithful friend. "Watson, look up at the sky and tell me what you see."

"I see millions and millions of stars Holmes," replies Watson.

"And what do you deduce from that?" Asks Holmes.

Watson ponders for a moment,then says, "Well astronomically, it tells me that there are millions of galaxies and potentially billions of planets. Astrologically, I observe that Saturn is in Leo, Meteorologically, I suspect that we will have a beautiful day tomorrow. Theologically , I can see that God is all-powerful and that we are a small and in significant part of the universe."

"But what does it tell you, Holmes?"

"Watson, you idiot!" Holmes says.
"Someone has stolen our tent!"

Stranger, Back on Baker St. www.youtube.com/watch?v=6tynWSAesAo

Bruno

#25 Post by Bruno » 1 year ago

Something interesting happened to the internet tv show The Atheist Experience. For years the presenters of this show have invited theists to call in so they could try and defend their beliefs. I personally have always found the presenters to be very helpful in learning how to recognize fallacies in our reasoning. It is a lot easier said than done, which is why outside help, like theirs, is very useful.

Recently due to the appearance of two young atheists Alex O' Connor (cosmic skeptic) and Steven Woodford (rationality rules), the show broke all viewing records. Shortly after the airing of the show the bord of directors realized that Steven held different views to them on a particular subject.

Anyway long story short, it would seem they are on the road to becoming everything they claim to hate about religious institutions. Specifically, the claim which is often true, that religious institutions aren’t open to criticism or rational inquiry without the person who is doing the questioning being vilified as a heretic.
I think it just goes to show that given enough time and especially opportunity, people often become the very thing they hate. To be fair, Matt Dillahunty and Alex O'Connor didn’t agree with how Steven was treated. Steven comes across as severely let down by the realization that the people he looked up to for so long turned out to be very similar to the people he has always looked down upon. I actually like Steven a lot and hope he recovers from this bitter taste of reality.

It would seem among people who take great pride in their ability to reason correctly, rationality doesn’t always rule!

Karl

Bruno

#26 Post by Bruno » 1 year ago

Scientists are discovering that Human life and the planet which sustains it are far more precious than they once thought. God knows life is precious and is revealing it to us through his creation.

“Every one of us is, in the cosmic perspective, precious. If a human disagrees with you, let him live. In a hundred billion galaxies, you will not find another.”– Carl Sagan

https://eu.usatoday.com/story/news/nati ... 422413001/
Karl

Bruno

#27 Post by Bruno » 1 year ago

Here is a great video explaining why many people, especially young people, have lost faith in God and are skeptical about theological answers to their questions. It’s very good! if you can see past his collar :)

It gets going around the 5 minute mark.

Karl

Stranger

#28 Post by Stranger » 1 year ago

Hi Bruno,

I saw this quote and thought of you.

"Many people will walk in and out of your life, but only true friends leave footprints in your heart."

I just wanted to add: Bruno you've got some big feet!

www.youtube.com/watch?v=JREouTHpyJE

You're friend,

Stranger

Bruno

#29 Post by Bruno » 1 year ago

Stranger wrote:
1 year ago
Hi Bruno,

I saw this quote and thought of you.

"Many people will walk in and out of your life, but only true friends leave footprints in your heart."

I just wanted to add: Bruno you've got some big feet!

www.youtube.com/watch?v=JREouTHpyJE

You're friend,

Stranger
Thanks Stranger :D

Karl

Stranger

#30 Post by Stranger » 1 year ago

If I had to butt scoot boogie I would, but I thank the Lord for these feet everyday. (Lu 9:23)

"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful committed citizens can change the World......it's the only thing that ever has."
(Margaret Mead)

Stranger, (Heb 8:13)