Bruno’s Videos and various other Thingo’s!

Chat about anything you like here that doesn't fit under Bible Doctrines. Keep the subjects clean and refreshing to all.
Forum rules
Matt 18:6; Eccl 7:9; 1 Pet 4:8 (If you're not sure what they say then please hover over them with your mouse or look them up in your own Bible before posting)

Phoebe

Re: Bruno’s Videos and various other Thingo’s!

#12 Post by Phoebe » 1 year ago

Thank you Bruno.

Mick Mooney is certainly an inspirational writer.
He has the gift of putting into words what we already know at a gut spiritual level.

I read somewhere a great discussion about the 'eternal' being of God.
(Sorry, I'm away from home and travelling using my phone.)
The meaning 'eternal' was not about 'linear' time as we measure it, but in the fullness, abundance of timelessness.
Sometimes, just sometimes...I catch myself getting a whiff of being in a timeless, abundant moment...undiluted.

You know? In an imperfect way of course!

I'm really enjoying your excellent use of scripture to keep us in the sense of God's healing word.

I hate sin, evil and wickedness.
I love that our Heavenly Father guides us into and through green spiritual pastures - from these green pastures, we can more clearly see the agony of creation, knowing the supreme Creator can draw, like a magnet, in His time, all
Creation back into abundant life.

He can cleanse and burn out even the most entrenched sin through divine spiritual 'water' and 'fire'.

Of course, only if He purposes and wills it so.

I'm reading scripture....I'm reading His stated will.
It seems clear to me....there is an ultimate, final truth that brings the greatest glory to our God.

Bruno

#13 Post by Bruno » 1 year ago

Phoebe wrote:
1 year ago

Mick Mooney is certainly an inspirational writer.
He has the gift of putting into words what we already know at a gut spiritual level.

Hi Phoebe,

He has a nice way of speaking. People like him have a talent for articulating what we all feel at a gut spiritual level.
Phoebe wrote:
1 year ago

I read somewhere a great discussion about the 'eternal' being of God.
(Sorry, I'm away from home and travelling using my phone.)
The meaning 'eternal' was not about 'linear' time as we measure it, but in the fullness, abundance of timelessness.

Sometimes, just sometimes...I catch myself getting a whiff of being in a timeless, abundant moment...undiluted.

You know? In an imperfect way of course!
Maybe you managed to connect with your humanity and in doing so connected with our timeless God :)

Here is another nice one from Mick Mooney

"Jesus was not afraid to be fully human. Perhaps that's why he was the first person to truly walk the earth fully divine.

It seems to me that we have all been indoctrinated, from religion and secular forces, to be ashamed of our image, our humanity; trained to reject who we truly are, and, instead, encouraged to embrace the masks and layers society has conditioned us with. We think the core of our being is too weak, to ugly, or to evil, and we spend our lives desperately trying to find a better image, trying to be a more godly image, trying to obtain a cleaner image. We read books, listen to men, follow the gurus in the hope we will be able to embrace an image and make it our own; an image we can be proud of.

Jesus did the opposite. He didn't chase after a different image, he embraced the one he was created with. He embrace his humanity, and he did so fully. He didn't see his core self as dirty, or ungodly, or sinful. What did he see? He saw that he was that he was made in the image of God, and there is no other image in all creation he would rather embrace. He was born of a woman, born into society, had the same pressures to distance himself from his core image and embrace the religious substitute everyone else clung to--but he did not. He held to his true image, the same image you and I are made in, the image of God, the image of love.

It was this image that he therefore found his identity in. It was this image he found his strength in. It was this image he found his oneness with God in.

Don't be afraid of your humanity. Don't chase after the religious version of you. Be Christ-like. Be human. Be the person God has made you to be. It is there, in the embrace of our true selves, we experience the power of God to love others, to love ourselves, and to truly appreciate the majesty of our creator." Mick Mooney
Karl

Bruno

#14 Post by Bruno » 1 year ago

Life's a miracle. Don't forget it! Here's a little reminder :)
"A whale, after getting some air at the surface, submerges back to the depths of the ocean. He passes by two fish and says, "Morning boys, how's the water?" The two fish look at each other and say, "What the hell is water?"

In the story above (paraphrased version from David Foster Wallace's speech) it is because the fish were always in water, and had nothing to contrast that reality, that, to them, there was no water. Because it was everywhere and inescapable, it ironically became invisible and unknown to them.

Just as fish don't realise they are in water, because it's all they have ever known. Humans don't realise they are in a miracle.

Life, every element of it, is miraculous. Just because you are always immersed in it, to the point you don't realise it, doesn't change the reality.

Everything you see, a miracle.
Everything you taste, a miracle.
Everything you touch, a miracle.
Everything you hear, a miracle.
The ability to think, a miracle.
The ability to create, a miracle.

"Morning boys (and girls), how's the miracle?"

Resist the urge to look at each other and say, "What the hell is a miracle?"

The miracle is everywhere." Mick Mooney
Karl

Bruno

#15 Post by Bruno » 1 year ago

Bishop Barron and Jordan Peterson had a recent conversation. It hasn’t been uploaded to YouTube yet. While waiting, here is a summary of the most interesting points they discussed.
There is a growing demand among the public to listen to men like these guys speak to each other. It’s an indication of the public’s growing thirst for possible answers and explanations to what it is they are experiencing during this journey we call life.

When Jordan explains his reluctancy to state he believes in God due to what such a claim to belief would entail, it reminded me of Daniel12’s thought here http://i.lvme.me/foo1rvl.jpg

The Bishop should have read him Matthew 11:29-30

Rest for the Weary
…29Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me; for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. 30For My yoke is easy and My burden is light.”

Belief in God is a serious business; however it is the religious institutions which make it seem burdensome and impossible to live up to, not Jesus.

1 John 5:3
For this is the love of God, that we keep His commandments. And His commandments are not burdensome,

Micah 6:8
He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?

Belief in God is important, but just as important, is to believe that God believes in us, despite our shortcomings.
I’m going to let Mick Mooney take over from here :)

“What did Jesus do that was so incredibly transformational for us? It wasn't just how he gave us someone to believe in; perhaps just as powerful is how he gave us confidence that someone believes in us.
In all our mess.
In all our failures and our failures to act, to procrastinate, to miss the mark.
In all our broken promises.
In all our surrender to weakness moments.
In all our guilt and shame, our humiliation and our regrets.
In all our lack, our poor performance, our missing the mark.
In our seasons where everything seems to go wrong, where we fail on so many levels; when the world stands self-righteous and points the finger at us, ready to mock, to condemn, to blame—there stands Jesus between us and the pointing fingers.

When there is no one in all the world who understands us, there stands the One who does. When the world forgets us because we have failed to add any kind of value we once hoped we would, there remains Jesus, his hand outstretched, a companion to get up and walk with, without judgement.

We all long to be that super-achiever, the brilliant mind, the world-changing inventor and entrepreneur, the glamour movie star, epic parent, billionaire philanthropist—but the vast amount of time, we are not them.

We are simply who we are, warts and all, and sometimes we are broken and battered, bruised by life's blows and our own mistakes. Sometimes we stand, our souls feeling like a shattered mirror; and in that broken glass, when we expect to see no one but our own sorry face, we see the reflection of Jesus, who remains steadfast in his faith in us, who whispers four words that give us the strength to get up, to clean up, to stand tall, to dare once again and take our place in the world.
He says, “I believe in you.” The whole world can doubt. But he believes, will always believe, and that faith can transform us to lean in and against all the odds, to follow in his footsteps and believe in ourselves once more too”. (Mick Mooney)
Karl

Bruno

#16 Post by Bruno » 1 year ago

Here is a great talk from a very articulate woman called Leah Libresco. It is about how to argue with Atheists in good faith. However, the information she supplies is very relevant to arguing with theists, especially is you have JW relatives.

Leah is a prominent convert from atheism to Catholicism and she'll share how a debate club at Yale University challenged her ideas about faith, God, and Christianity, and how strong arguments and encouraging friendships eventually led to her conversion.

At the end of the talk she mentions Rebecca West’s book, Black Lamb Grey Falcon. In the book Rebecca contrasts the argument culture of the west with the argument culture of the Slavs. Leah makes the following observation “In the west conversation is thought to be an acceptable way of sharing information or passing the time. But among Slavs it is thought to be a waste if the people do not pool their information to travel further towards the redemption of the world, and that ultimately is what I think every argument is, an argument is a chance to move towards the redemption of the world, to making all things one in Christ…”

The talk starts at the 14:30 mark

https://youtu.be/CIY4AP3PbX4?t=870
Karl

Stranger

#17 Post by Stranger » 1 year ago

Hello Bruno,

You've said so many nice things about me and have treated me like a Brother right from the rip. I've been dialing up the request lines to dedicate a song to you and lo and behold this one landed on the turntable.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oc0ye-LJAdE

Stranger, (Pr 24:14)

Bruno

#18 Post by Bruno » 1 year ago

Stranger wrote:
1 year ago

You've said so many nice things about me and have treated me like a Brother right from the rip.
Stranger you make it easy, you ain’t that heavy ;)

At the end of the day we all came from the same rib.

Genesis 2:22
…21So the LORD God caused the man to fall into a deep sleep, and while he slept, He took one of the man’s ribs and closed up the area with flesh. 22And from the rib that the LORD God had taken from the man, He made a woman and brought her to him. 23And the man said: “This is now bone of my bones and flesh of my flesh; she shall be called ‘woman,’ for out of man she was taken.”…

Even Jesus came from that rib Genesis 3:15

Thankfully we have a brother who is strong enough to carry us all. It can be a tough journey at times.

Hebrews 2:11-15 (NIV)
11 Both the one who makes people holy and those who are made holy are of the same family. So Jesus is not ashamed to call them brothers and sisters. 12 He says,
“I will declare your name to my brothers and sisters;
in the assembly I will sing your praises.”
13 And again,
“I will put my trust in him.”
And again he says,
“Here am I, and the children God has given me.”
14 Since the children have flesh and blood, he too shared in their humanity so that by his death he might break the power of him who holds the power of death—that is, the devil— 15 and free those who all their lives were held in slavery by their fear of death.
Stranger wrote:
1 year ago
I've been dialing up the request lines to dedicate a song to you and lo and behold this one landed on the turntable.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oc0ye-LJAdE
I did a bit of dialing myself Stranger, and this one landed on the turntable. It's from The Hollies :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EYzfTdIZoP0
Karl

Stranger

#19 Post by Stranger » 1 year ago

by Bruno »
11 hours ago
Brother to Brother, Nice selection, tiempo perfecto!

As you well know, "you cant keep an Angel lonely too long". (HWJ), "And for sure, one that has not totally fallen." (Stranger said that.)

Hebrews 2:14 NIV got me thinking about (Zec 9:11 KJV) Then I also thought about the Flesh and Blood of Jesus Christ that clothes us with the Skin (S'Kin) of Jehovah!

(Is 26:13 KJV) compare (Is 26:4 KJV).

I hope the Family is well and yourself too, but with you in the driver seat I got no worry. This is you Bruno (Is 27:4 KJV) no doubt!

Man, I'm hungry! Is it harvest season yet? www.youtube.com/watch?v=VUb450Alpps

Stranger, ( Gal 1:19)

Bruno

#20 Post by Bruno » 1 year ago

Stranger wrote:
1 year ago
by Bruno »
11 hours ago
As you well know, "you cant keep an Angel lonely too long". (HWJ), "And for sure, one that has not totally fallen." (Stranger said that.)

Hebrews 2:14 NIV got me thinking about (Zec 9:11 KJV) Then I also thought about the Flesh and Blood of Jesus Christ that clothes us with the Skin (S'Kin) of Jehovah!

(Is 26:13 KJV) compare (Is 26:4 KJV).
Stranger you got me thinking about C.S Lewis. God didn't come all they way down to then go back up again leaving some of the blind without sight or the prisons half full,1 Peter 3:19 Isaiah 42:7; Luke 1:79; Isaiah 49:9

Isaiah 35:3-7 King James Bible
3Strengthen ye the weak hands, and confirm the feeble knees.

4Say to them that are of a fearful heart, Be strong, fear not: behold, your God will come with vengeance, even God with a recompence; he will come and save you.

5Then the eyes of the blind shall be opened, and the ears of the deaf shall be unstopped.

6Then shall the lame man leap as an hart, and the tongue of the dumb sing: for in the wilderness shall waters break out, and streams in the desert.

7And the parched ground shall become a pool, and the thirsty land springs of water: in the habitation of dragons, where each lay, shall be grass with reeds and rushes.

In the Christian story God descends to reascend. He comes down;.... down to the very roots and sea-bed of the Nature He has created. But He goes down to come up again and bring the whole ruined world up with Him. -C.S. Lewis
Stranger wrote:
1 year ago
I hope the Family is well and yourself too, but with you in the driver seat I got no worry.
Thanks Stranger but I'm still learning. I hoping one day to reach the pedals :) until then my father's still the boss.

https://thumbs.dreamstime.com/z/driving ... 523442.jpg
Karl