Bruno’s Videos and various other Thingo’s!

Chat about anything you like here that doesn't fit under Bible Doctrines. Keep the subjects clean and refreshing to all.
Forum rules
Matt 18:6; Eccl 7:9; 1 Pet 4:8 (If you're not sure what they say then please hover over them with your mouse or look them up in your own Bible before posting)
Dajo1

Bruno’s Videos and various other Thingo’s!

#1 Post by Dajo1 » 1 year ago

Felt it might be good to have a separate topic/area/space, for Bruno.
He digs up some really good stuff - videos n quotes n memes n jpg’s n pics and .. and..
Well, anyway, I’m sitting here on a Sunday night reading through Topics and threads and kinda get sidetracked with some of them because of ... videos n quotes n memes n jpg’s n pics.. and

Various Other Things! :roll:

Dajo1

Re: Bruno’s Videos and various other Thingo’s!

#2 Post by Dajo1 » 1 year ago

Evening Bruno,
I actually enjoy your posts sometimes. You are really talented, quick and most importantly to me anyway, you are very familiar with scripture.
I have an idea you are Irish.
I am Kiwi/Australian but my grandma Ivy (bless her dead soul) was Irish.
Ivy always had to have the last word.
Just sayin!

Bruno

#3 Post by Bruno » 1 year ago

Hi Dajo,

Thanks for giving me my own thread. I promise I will do my best to fill it!

Here is what the last word looks like :)

I am Irish but the only reason it may seem like I want to have the last word is simply because most people just stop talking, so I'm often left having the last word :)

It is good you get side tracked now and again. You are more likely to find the right track if you explore different avenues.

What do you think of this for an avenue. Its from an Australian called Mick Mooney :)

Why do so many people misunderstand Jesus? Why do so many, all of us at some point, choose a watered down version of Jesus, or a completely opposite Jesus? If it is so clear in the gospels that Jesus was an outsider, an iconoclast, an agitator to the religious power structures; a man who, in many regards, was a friend of the common, tainted person and a threat to the religiously polished person, why don't we embrace his wild and alternative ways?

Why do we try to reshape him to fit into our structures, any why do we try to rebuild his religious reputation? Why do we try to make him the leader of a religion, when he the finisher of all religion, and the way into a way of life that supersedes religion, that is a life by the spirit of love not the letter of religious laws?

Do you ever wonder just why millions of people, the vast majority, and in some form ourselves included, don't see Jesus for who he really is?
Maybe it's because we don't want to truly see ourselves as we really are? Maybe Jesus in his most authentic form is a mirror to who we are in our most authentic form? To truly accept him for who he is--is to accept ourselves for who we truly are.
And therein lies the problem--to truly know ourselves we need to accept what he accepted. We need to accept our reputation will be tainted in the eyes of the religious. We need to accept our love will override any desire to belong. That our love will reach out to those who need it, that we will forfeit our place at the table of the religiously polished to sit with those of questionable character. That we will see God in all, and surrender the religious desire to catagorise people as right or wrong, in or out, good or bad.

We want to love Jesus, yet so often hide from our own eyes the very best parts of him. Why? Is it because we are hiding from ourselves the very best parts of who we truly are? That we could be so much more loving? That we could be so much more embracing? That we could transform our world, if only we would stop trying to build our religious reputation?

Maybe the hardest part of us is we still think in terms of right and wrong, in or out, good or bad--when we should simply think and act out of an unshakable belief in grace. Pure, almighty, God energised, cosmic shifting grace for all.
Karl

Bruno

#4 Post by Bruno » 1 year ago

I saw this on Facebook and thought it would go well in my new home (thread :D )

Karl

Daniel12

#5 Post by Daniel12 » 1 year ago

Hey Bruno🕺
to truly know ourselves we need to accept what he accepted. We need to accept our reputation will be tainted in the eyes of the religious.
It’s hard for Christians who are still have the established set of attitudes that God is a Punisher first and a Father second.

https://i.pinimg.com/736x/af/d8/1e/afd8 ... ce9263.jpg

But it’s very clear that even us as humans, we don’t enjoy or look forward to killing a dog who has done terrible things like killed some kittens, or bite a child. Meting out hard justice to a BAD DOG, like death or torture is something most healthy humans avoid at all costs.

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/Xw1C5T-fH2Y/maxresdefault.jpg

How much more God who created humankind!

https://thumbs.dreamstime.com/z/dead-ma ... 199644.jpg

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/CppcAsLdy8I/maxresdefault.jpg

Ezekiel 33:11 MSG
“Tell them, ‘As sure as I am the living God, I take no pleasure from the death of the wicked. I want the wicked to change their ways and live.

Here is my contribution of videos to you Bruno. Some who think our way of thinking that God wants to save all, is like we are inviting them over to the Dark Side.

https://www.memecenter.com/fun/2656979/ ... -dark-side

Bruno

#6 Post by Bruno » 1 year ago

Daniel12 wrote:
1 year ago
Hey Bruno🕺

Here is my contribution of videos to you Bruno. Some who think our way of thinking that God wants to save all, is like we are inviting them over to the Dark Side.

https://www.memecenter.com/fun/2656979/ ... -dark-side
Hi Daniel :)

Welcome to Bruno's Videos and Various Thingo's :D

This thread didn't make it into Bible doctrines but not to worry we'll make it work in general chat :) (Dajo I just work with what I'm given, please don't take anything I say or am going to say the wrong way! ) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qVn_ac-MTuI

Daniel I like to think people confuse the narrow path for the dark side. I'm glad to see you are not afraid to walk the path less traveled. A wise man once described it as a minority sport. While this may be true it certainly isn't played by inferior people. You may not truly believe this yet, but I believe you are walking in the footsteps of great men.

This next one reminded me of you Daniel. You know what the life of a Christian looks like :)

"One of the greatest challenges any Christian faces is the risk of falling in love with the idea of being like Jesus while failing to recognize what a life lived in his footsteps truly looks like.

The life of Christ was not lived in a bubble of holy rollers, going through the same worship songs over and over, hiding away from society in their prayer meetings and revival events. Jesus was in the midst of the PARTY of life. He was at the center of the celebration, with people, all kinds of people, from all kinds of walks of life, with all kinds of worldviews and lifestyles.

Jesus was in the midst of the BROKENNESS of life. When a woman, set to be stoned for her immorality, there was Jesus to defend her from the angry religious zealots. The Samaritan woman by there well, whom no one would talk with, there was Jesus starting a conversation. The lepers that no one would get close to, there was Jesus willing to touch them.

Jesus didn't get a reputation amongst the religious as a 'glutton and a drunk' because of what he taught, but because he LIVED what he taught. He didn't have prostitutes crying at his feet because he preached them a sermon, but because he connected with them in a personal way, because he was not ashamed to be a genuine friend to them, and through his genuineness he was able to reveal to them that they have value, that God has not discounted them, that they are daughters of the most high God. Jesus did something we often find very difficult to do. He consistently looked for, reached out, and touched the beauty in every individual.

But we can do it, surely we can, and I believe it is truly the narrow path we can walk that allows us to experience the abundant life Christ spoke of.

To look for, discover, and touch the unique and beautiful reality stored up in every individual heart. When we do this, when we truly connect with those around us in love, authenticity and grace, I believe it is then we find ourselves walking in the footsteps of our Savior"
, Mick Mooney.
Karl

Dajo1

#7 Post by Dajo1 » 1 year ago

Nice...!

Phoebe

#8 Post by Phoebe » 1 year ago

But we can do it, surely we can, and I believe it is truly the narrow path we can walk that allows us to experience the abundant life Christ spoke of.

To look for, discover, and touch the unique and beautiful reality stored up in every individual heart. When we do this, when we truly connect with those around us in love, authenticity and grace, I believe it is then we find ourselves walking in the footsteps of our Savior", Mick Mooney.[/quote

🌸 He makes it sound so simple!

When we have the 'abundant life' we're in a better position to lift others out of their chaos/ darkness and all the pain that keeps people chained to the misery of 'sin'.

That's how it seems to me.

Phoebe

#9 Post by Phoebe » 1 year ago

He didn't have prostitutes crying at his feet because he preached them a sermon, but because he connected with them in a personal way, because he was not ashamed to be a genuine friend to them, and through his genuineness he was able to reveal to them that they have value, that God has not discounted them, that they are daughters of the most high God. Jesus did something we often find very difficult to do. He consistently looked for, reached out, and touched the beauty in every individual.

Have been pondering over this.
This chap writes beautifully - and isn't it true?
Our Lord reached deep into the very person and let them know, they had value.
It's all recorded for a purpose.

What a fantastic reminder today 💐🌸☀️

Bruno

#10 Post by Bruno » 1 year ago

Phoebe wrote:
1 year ago

To look for, discover, and touch the unique and beautiful reality stored up in every individual heart. When we do this, when we truly connect with those around us in love, authenticity and grace, I believe it is then we find ourselves walking in the footsteps of our Savior", Mick Mooney.
🌸 He makes it sound so simple!

When we have the 'abundant life' we're in a better position to lift others out of their chaos/ darkness and all the pain that keeps people chained to the misery of 'sin'.

That's how it seems to me.
Hi Phoebe

If you want to lift the whole world out of sin you're going to need all the leverage you can get. Jesus placed himself in the best position possible.

The Attitude of Christ Philippians 2:7-9
…but emptied Himself, taking the form of a servant, being made in human likeness. 8And being found in appearance as a man, He humbled Himself and became obedient to death— even death on a cross. 9Therefore God exalted Him to the highest place and gave Him the name above all names,…

John 12:32 And I, when I am lifted up from the earth, will draw all people to myself."

Hebrews 4:15 For we do not have a high priest who is unable to empathize with our weaknesses, but we have one who has been tempted in every way, just as we are--yet he did not sin.

Hebrews 5:2 He is able to deal gently with those who are ignorant and misguided, since he himself is beset by weakness.

Hebrews 7:28
For the Law appoints as high priests men who are weak; but the oath, which came after the Law, appointed the Son, who has been made perfect forever.

Mick also wrote the following about how he thinks Jesus can give us life in abundance. I like his spirit :)

"Jesus said he would give us “life, and life in abundance.” How? How does he give us that life? One major way he does it is through removing our assumed need to fear. We assume we need to fear. But we don’t. Jesus promised to set us free from it. But for what reason? Perhaps it’s so we can have life in abundance—and to receive that gift, we first need to let go of fear as a lens of viewing life.

Most of the time the present moment is a place of total peace, of beauty beyond description, and of magic at every turn of the head. Most of the time the present moment can be experienced with pure gratitude, with a sense of wonder, and with a growing realisation of just how abundant life truly is. It’s our focus on past or imagined future events—leaning on fear to interpret them—that rob us from that present reality.

But sometimes, even the present moment is so disrupted it seems “acceptable” to freak out, to lean into fear, to forget love and gratitude.
In the gospel, Peter and co. were in a boat with Jesus and a wild storm suddenly hits them in their present moment; as they were about to be drowned in the raging storm, they cried out to Jesus in fear. His response: “Why are you so afraid?” Now, that seems obvious doesn’t it? They were in a raging storm. They were experienced fishermen. They understood the dire situation. They knew they were moments away from perishing—and yet, they didn’t have to slide into fear. Jesus wanted to know why they chose fear instead of love, of faith, of trust?

Why are you so afraid?

I’m not suggesting it’s easy, only that it’s possible. The reality is we can be wildly unrealistic in our faith and when the environment around us signals we should slide into fear. Rather than agreeing, we can remain defiant, stay in faith, remain in love, and trust that one way of the other God will provide.
It’s easy to spend our lives searching for the purpose of life, never realising what it is.
The purpose of life is not a thing to discover in life. It’s the experience of life itself.

When we live with fear of what might go wrong, and fear of what might go away, we never live in the present moment, and the present moment is the only way to experience true life. It’s easy to live in such a way that we are constantly holding our attention either in the past or in the future.
We can live through the lens of fear, but we can’t experience life that way. Fear does not have access to the present moment. It can only live in the distorted past (what you can’t let go of) or the imagined future (what you are afraid won’t be there).

Love is the only lens through which we can see the present moment, and the present moment is where we experience the divine purpose of life.

Fear will cause you to never live in the present. It will push you to what ‘was’ or what is ‘not yet’, but love—the great antidote to fear—will keep you where all the power, all the beauty, all the truth, all the glory of God is—in the present moment.
Look around with through the lens of gratitude, grace, and love. It’s glorious", Mick Mooney

1John 4: 17-19 In this way, love has been perfected among us, so that we may have confidence on the day of judgment; for in this world we are just like Him. 18There is no fear in love, but perfect love drives out fear, because fear involves punishment. The one who fears has not been perfected in love. 19We love because He first loved us.…

Romans 8:15
For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father.

2 Timothy 1:7
For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.
Karl